PDA

View Full Version : Modify the skeletons

[Maximus]RT2
05-12-2007, 13:11
Hello,

I see that lot of mods have add new skeletons.
I have a problem about that. I want add new skeletons and modify some parameters of animations, like the events sounds, or impact delta.
I suppose I need to modify the skeletons.dat and skeletons.idx files. So I have unpacked them with the idx extractor made by Vercingetorix.
But, this extractor just separate the skeletons code of skeletons.dat. They are impossible to modify because the syntax is unreadable.

I can just modify the animation used for the action.

How can I obtain a readable syntax?
Or must I use the descr_skeletons.txt file?

Help me please, I searched over one week, and I didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad english.

Dol Guldur
05-12-2007, 13:19
There are plenty of threads and lots of research in this area here at the Org -and some quite recent (last month) so you need to look a bit harder.

But to save you some time - you cannot edit sounds attached to animations. And you cannot do anything with the descr_skeletons.txt file as it is not read - and cannot be used in generation - and the game even works without it I am told.

[Maximus]RT2
05-12-2007, 16:47
There are plenty of threads and lots of research in this area here at the Org -and some quite recent (last month) so you need to look a bit harder.

Oh, sorry. I searched on another forum. I will search here now.

But to save you some time - you cannot edit sounds attached to animations. And you cannot do anything with the descr_skeletons.txt file as it is not read - and cannot be used in generation - and the game even works without it I am told.

Ok, it's useful to know.
Thank you very much for your answer. :beam: