PDA

View Full Version : Scythian Noble Archer Question

IceWolf
05-14-2007, 15:10
It seems to me that they run out of arrrows faster than the regular HAs do. Do they like fire faster or something or is it in my head or do they really not carry as many arrows? Thanks
Icewolf

mightilyoats
05-14-2007, 15:41
You could check in the export_descr_unit.txt file. There you can see exactly how many arrows they have. At first I thought that Persian Cav (of Parthia) had less arrows than HA. But from that file I realised that they could shoot further. So they started firing earlier than the other HA's.

paul_kiss
05-14-2007, 17:49
As for me I didn't really notice they get short of arrows fast. Even on the contrary, they shoot quite long.

Severous
05-14-2007, 19:23
Scythian Noble Archers have 30 arrows per man. Thats normal. They have a longer range of 170.

Scythian Horse archers have 40 per man. Thats more than normal. Range is 120.

So if they fought each other the Nobles would run out of arrows faster. Because they open fire earlier and have fewer arrows.

IceWolf
05-14-2007, 21:57
Thanks everyone especioully Severous,
It does seem like they begin shooting sooner so that makes sense. I grouo my archers according to where the game aligns them (left wing is 3 right wing is 4) so they are mixed in with the regular HAs. I dont really have enough of them yet or the inclination to group them seperately (I fight a lotta battles and only have so much time for gaming), so I guess I'll deal with it. BTW, since they are armored instead of bare chested, should I assume they are like light cavalry in melee? Thanks
IceWolf

Phoenix
05-17-2007, 01:07
Scythian Noble Archers fight more like medium cavalry...they can beat light cavalry and weakened infantry without much trouble in most cases.