PDA

View Full Version : How do I move my men out of a city?

jamhotgammon
05-14-2007, 19:44
:dizzy2: I have been playing RTW for less than a week so bare with me.

I have about 200 men in a city and i cant seem to highlight them all to move them as a group. Surely i dont have to move them individually.

Can anyone give me a hand

Thanks

guineawolf
05-14-2007, 20:09
i thought i am the last 1 that play RTW,and i always thinking how fool am i to let this game away from me for so long:wall: ..now it seems still got new guys ain't find out how great this game is.hehe:sweatdrop:

i read about this game in a PC magazine few years ago,but that time my PC ain't good enough to play RTW yet,so i keep that in mind so i gonna try this game when my PC is effort to do the job....:yes:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
05-14-2007, 20:14
Hi jamhotgammon,
Don't worry, you don't have to move them out one by one. Simply press the Ctrl key and then select them. Once you have selected a group of units, simply right-click to move them ount of the city as normal. This can also help when spilting armies too. Hope this helps, cheers!

BTW, if you want to gather a line of units together simply press the Shift key of the first unit and the last unit and all units in-between are selected for removal.

Stuperman
05-14-2007, 20:21
when you are selecting multiple units while pressing ctrl, they will appear in the order you select them. for example I like to have all the same units beside each other in my bottom display, so I hit ctrl and select all my infintry first, then missles, then cav.

Shift also works, hold it down, click the first unit you want to in the group, then the last, and all the units inbetween will be selected.

jamhotgammon
05-14-2007, 21:51
thanks folks :beam:

what a game this is :yes:

IceWolf
05-14-2007, 22:06
If the guys yiu wanna move out are strung out in a row you can use the shift key then clk on the last and clk on the 1st and that'll do the job as well. Yes RTW is awesome, I just unlocked all factions so it's like i have a new game and don't feel the need to buy another.

Packet
05-14-2007, 22:07
Ctrl-A also works, It selects all units that are in the city you are currently looking at. Then you ctrl-click on one or two units to unselect them to leave them behind and then move the rest out.

IceWolf
05-14-2007, 22:17
Thanks Packet, I didn't know that. That's the nice thing about theORG, I learn something new each time I'm here :beam:

IceWolf

bippukt
05-15-2007, 07:07
lol IceWolf, you have been playing without knowing that? Must have been a pain to select 18 units and leave the rest behind. BTW, check out the controls in the options page. There are several shortcut keys that will help you a lot. For example, the spacebar. RTW is Great!!!

mightilyoats
05-15-2007, 08:13
Ooooh, what does the spacebar do!? Tell me! Tell me!

Critical Bill
05-15-2007, 16:43
As far as I know, it speeds up movement on the campaign map.

Unless it also has a darker, more sinister purpose...

Caius
05-15-2007, 23:24
Ctrl + doubke click on an unit:Select same troops.

MAybe you knew that, I also knew that

Caeser The III
05-16-2007, 03:43
you can also do ctrl key and A key at the same (press ctrl keey first, A key second) hope this helps!:mickey:

bippukt
05-16-2007, 06:25
Space bar speed up the movement. Just press space bar again if you want thing to slow down. I don't speed up my spies movement, for example.

You can also speed up movement by clicking (left is better) your mouse after giving a unit the order to move. This works only for that particular unit.