PDA

View Full Version : Pax extractor

Ossie The Great
05-20-2007, 20:09
Hi
i have been looking around but i can not find a pax extractor anywhere and i really need it ( i had downloaded it before but now can not find it) , so i was wondering if anyone could provide a link or anything as i have spent nearlly and 1 hour and a half looking

Makanyane
05-20-2007, 22:38
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=43

:2thumbsup:

Kuni
05-21-2007, 00:05
i am posting in this high quality thread?

Makanyane
05-21-2007, 07:12
@Kuni, your friendly low quality poster is assuming you're hinting that a pak extractor download link is somewhere obvious around here? I actually couldn't spot it with a very quick look - could you explain where it is mentioned?

It could do with being on one of the stickies / answers but I couldn't spot it there atm, can add it to something but I'd like to know where you thought it was mentioned and if there is actually an .Org dl for it....

EDIT: remembered they are mentioned in sticky in Scriptorium - but links in first post need sorting a bit...

Ossie The Great
05-21-2007, 17:44
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=43

:2thumbsup:

Kuni
05-22-2007, 01:39
Didn't mean to offend you, Makanye.

The file is hosted by TWC but the link is in the scriptorium tools and editors sticky. and navigating some tuts will also easily lead to links to the pak extractor.

EDIT: apologies again, Makanye. I should try to be more helpful, but as the .org is not only here to get people to help each other, but also set up to help people who want to help themselves, I do wish people would help themselves more.

Makanyane
05-22-2007, 08:33
EDIT: apologies again, Makanye. I should try to be more helpful, but as the .org is not only here to get people to help each other, but also set up to help people who want to help themselves, I do wish people would help themselves more.

ah, no problem, though everyone has that "I know it's around here somewhere, just can't find the damn thing..." moment, I know I do despite how long I've been in here - see earlier confusion!

Off Topic: Kuni what happened to your sig, it's disappeared on last post? I liked that and was contemplating borrowing it!!! - or Myrddraals - or just something very large that says DON'T POST QUESTIONS IN THE SCRIPTORIUM..... or else... :laugh4:

Kuni
05-22-2007, 11:27
Lesson Learned: 1.) A litte browsing and correctly spelled searches goes a long way!
2.) Kuni should count to ten before replying. ~D

Off Topic: Kuni what happened to your sig, it's disappeared on last post? lol. I take my sig off from time to time, so that it's not plastered all over a topic several times. :p

Because I learned (and am still learning) a lot from .org, I thought it would be proper to help other newbies by answering simpler questions so that the big boys won't need to be bothered.

I finally made the sig because it was getting increasingly clear that I was fighting a losing battle against the waves, and my sig would still be helping, in a way. (I think it did, as mostly questions get posted now)

Ossie The Great
05-22-2007, 12:18
1.) A litte browsing and correctly spelled searches goes a long way!

ah.. about this , i have slight dyslexia so i can not spell that well and all my searches come back with nothing because of this :cowboy:

Makanyane
05-22-2007, 13:10
Yep, dyslexia can't help! There's always the possibility as well that whatever you are searching for was misspelled by the original poster! At least the search function here does seem to include 3 letter words which is more useful than some!

We could do with filling the gaps for some of the common things that get asked for in the Modding Answers link database, that can make things easier....
did just look in there to see if .pak's were mentioned, finally realised there are couple of topics on them but under "file format" heading - which I guess is logical but not immediately obvious... :embarassed: