PDA

View Full Version : EB system requirements?

raimix
05-21-2007, 22:59
Hello, I'm new to the mod world.
Although I been playing the regular game for a time, I recently came across EB mod, and learn to appreciate the modders, and the game's open source to modders.

I just downloaded EB, followed the instructions and ran EB. Unlike Rome:TW the load takes noticeably longer time, as well as during Campaign map I see stuttered units. (I.E. trade caravans moves, stop momentarilly and moves again. it's as if it's lag but a stop-and go lag)

Is this normal? If you run this game smoothly, please do post your system setting. Or system requirement for EB.
I also have vanilla(original) Rome installed on different folder, does sharing DLL files actually create bottlenecks for this game? (which i hardly doubt)
My comp is getting there. (to retirement)
AMD 2600+ XP
2x512 DDR 2700 (1gb)
2x WD 200gb 8mb buffer on raid 0.
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb

bovi
05-22-2007, 07:17
It is normal to get slower performance with EB, as we push the engine to its limits. There is no loss of performance by having multiple copies of RTW.

As for recommended specs, I don't know. My suggestion is to reduce video options until it runs as desired (particularly unit size for battle performance). If you're at rock bottom there and still can't get satisfactory performance you'll likely need an upgrade.

There are also some other things you can do with a bit of impact, such as disabling some stuff in the preferences.txt, and hiding the character and settlement names by pressing Ctrl-N and Ctrl-T.

Dexter
05-22-2007, 08:46
hy ... your system is not a slow one ... try using 16 bit instead of 32 ...max resolution 1020/768 and / or if u don`t mind unit detail and all other stuff lowered from max to high or medium .. depends on your preference ... anti aliasing and glint lowered is good to, since it helps .. - glint can be active or not ... can not be lowered ... in video option you will find all these - as for not in the game set your video card to performance ... not best image quality ...
for me it worked ... maybe it will to for u ...
good luck

MiniMe
05-22-2007, 12:42
Is this normal? If you run this game smoothly, please do post your system setting.
My new computer:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Socket775
2048Mb DDRII PC5300
250GB SATA 7200rpm
GeForce FX 7950 GT 512Mb
During the game everything goes great, though video options are set on maximum, but EB load time does takes noticeably longer time than even M2 load time.

My previous computer was similar to yours, I've spent countless hours using it to play EB with video options reduced to minimum (16 bit,1020/768, unit detail medium, building detail minimum, grass off, shadows off).
And all I can say is that EB is great to kill your time not because of some pleasant graphics but because of balanced gameplay.
Enjoy! =)

blank
05-22-2007, 14:00
my 3-year-old pc:

Pentium4 2.6 GHz HT
512 MB RAM
80GB HDD
Geforce FX5200 :skull:

For the campaign map i turn shadows off, then it runs perfectly.
On battle map (i play on huge setting) i turn off AA and high detail shadows, all else on ''high''.
Resolution is 1024x768 by 32 on battle map and the same on camp map

Karo
05-22-2007, 19:46
If you have Vista it will help you to make the preformance when playing a gme beter before i had vista and I played with the barabic factions it was very slow now it runs smooth

KtotheC

russia almighty
05-22-2007, 22:07
^You using that stick a USB drive in for RAM thing?

Anyway I've found that the more RAM you have with RTW and EB the better it runs . Graphics card will help too cause even if you have 2 gigs of RAM and running on an Integrated you still have to deal with the Integrated chip being a resource hog .