PDA

View Full Version : EDB question

Pharnakes
05-29-2007, 21:33
Is there space in the edb for another tree of barracks without breaking some hardcoded limit. It's just that I don't want to do all the work and then find out that there are too many building trees or something...

Thanks

Foot
05-29-2007, 21:37
Is there space in the edb for another tree of barracks without breaking some hardcoded limit. It's just that I don't want to do all the work and then find out that there are too many building trees or something...

Thanks

There is one left I believe. I would be careful though, it may turn out that we will use that complex in later releases, but as we are deleting the blacksmith barracks as well we do not expect to or have any plans to.

Foot

Pharnakes
05-29-2007, 21:43
Hmm, thanks, well I'll use it fot the moment then.

Afterall, prehaps my plan will turn out to be so briliant that you decide to intergrate it into eb...:laugh4:

But I seriously doubt it:shame:

Pharnakes
05-29-2007, 21:54
I assume there are plenty of hidden resources left, yes?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
05-30-2007, 01:20
I believe there are 64 hidden resources available total. Though, that was 1.2 and I remember hearing it might have gone up with a patch (1.3 or 1.5)...

I Am Herenow
05-30-2007, 10:18
There is one left I believe. I would be careful though, it may turn out that we will use that complex in later releases, but as we are deleting the blacksmith barracks as well we do not expect to or have any plans to.

So does that mean that MICs will include weapon/armour upgrades as you upgrade them, or won't include Armouries etc. any more? :dizzy2:

Foot
05-30-2007, 13:50
So does that mean that MICs will include weapon/armour upgrades as you upgrade them, or won't include Armouries etc. any more? :dizzy2:

We don't know at the moment.

Foot

Pharnakes
05-30-2007, 14:00
If there are too many build trees present will show_err idebtify the problem? Only I'm getting an unexplained CTD during loading but I can't see anything wrong with what i've done.

blacksnail
05-31-2007, 20:17
I think there are about 20 hidden resources left at this moment and a single building complex, possibly two.

Did you add corresponding descriptions in export_buildings.txt or did you just create a new on in EDB? If you haven't done the former, you need to do so or you'll keep getting a CTD.

Pharnakes
05-31-2007, 22:07
Yes, I modded the text files, but still the same undeclared ctd...

blacksnail
05-31-2007, 22:15
Okay. If you don't mind sharing your altered code, could you post it here for both the EDB and EB entry? Use the "CODE" tags provided in the editor window, if you haven't done that before.