PDA

View Full Version : question about rehenforcements

neoiq5719
05-31-2007, 07:06
look at the pic and my questions are:
1) Why when i choose to attack with the back-up troops i can use both BUT when i attack with the city troops the back-up doesnt come into play?( does not come up on the card to be used in the attack)
2) We know that the max number of troops in the battlefield depends on the number of slots BUT when i have a small number in a troop, i make them withdraw to bring in the support but sometimes the support doesnt move untill half hour later when it´s almost not needed. Why is this?
https://img413.imageshack.us/img413/5043/untitled1ft7.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

abou
05-31-2007, 07:31
When you attack or are attacked by a unit there is a red square that shows up, which shows the extent of the battlefield. Any armies that are within that square are able to participate in the battle. Due to being in a city, the square is centered there and does not enclose your outside army, which is different with the outside army as the square centers itself differently.

Philippus Flavius Homovallumus
05-31-2007, 08:57
Yes, you need to bring the troops right up to the city, not behind the enemy.

neoiq5719
05-31-2007, 13:04
But in any other part of the battlefield i can go behind too and in this specific case, i attacked with the rehenforcements but i called off the attack to select the city army so my OUTSIDE army is within range too. I dont know if u guys know what i mean

Pharnakes
05-31-2007, 13:05
Nope:laugh4:

Foot
05-31-2007, 13:55
But in any other part of the battlefield i can go behind too and in this specific case, i attacked with the rehenforcements but i called off the attack to select the city army so my OUTSIDE army is within range too. I dont know if u guys know what i mean

It doesn't matter what happens on the other parts of campaign map, at cities the process is different. When you sally forth the battlefield is centred around the city, regardless of the fact that your army is attacking (where usually it is centred around the defending army). If you had attacked with your reinforcement army then the attack does take place on the defender's square and your city army would join. But as you were sallying forth the battlefield is place around your city and your reinforcement army is not in range.

Foot

neoiq5719
05-31-2007, 14:13
ooooooooooooooook
and what about number 2?

Sygrod
05-31-2007, 14:19
So, just attack with your reinforcing army. You should be able to wipe the ground with the KH army.

Foot
05-31-2007, 14:24
ooooooooooooooook
and what about number 2?

Because thats how the game works. I really don't know a better way of answering you.

Foot

neoiq5719
05-31-2007, 14:28
Because thats how the game works. I really don't know a better way of answering you.

Foot
nnnoo i mean at the top i popped 2 questions. so what about number 2?

Foot
05-31-2007, 14:30
nnnoo i mean at the top i popped 2 questions. so what about number 2?

Yes, I know. And that is my answer. Its just how the game works. We cannot mod, we cannot change it, thats just how the game works.

Foot

neoiq5719
05-31-2007, 14:32
oooooooooooook cheers

blacksnail
05-31-2007, 19:45
Take a look at the mini-map. There is the unshaded area in the center which represents everything within the red lines of the battlefield where you can move troops. There is a shaded part around that. This is everything beyond the red lines to the actual "horizon" of the map.

If you tell units to flee, a reinforcement unit will come in when a fleeing unit leaves the outer "horizon," not when it leaves the red lines. This is hard-coded and we can't change it.

abou
05-31-2007, 19:59
Well, I think you can make it so that reinforcements always appear regardless of how many units are on the battlefield. I know Dave does it.

You need to edit preferences.txt in the preferences folder.

UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD:FALSE

Set this to TRUE.

Basileus Seleukeia
05-31-2007, 20:04
That Roman Empire is quite... surprising! What made you conquer poor Europe instead of rich Carthage and North Africa?
Edit: and, as you are already rampaging in Europe: Get Britain! At least that bit of historical accuracy should be in your campaign :laugh:

blacksnail
05-31-2007, 20:07
Well, I think you can make it so that reinforcements always appear regardless of how many units are on the battlefield.
If you do this, just be aware that you may suffer a huge performance hit depending upon your computer. That's an option from CA for folks with the fastest rigs.

neoiq5719
05-31-2007, 20:24
That Roman Empire is quite... surprising! What made you conquer poor Europe instead of rich Carthage and North Africa?
Edit: and, as you are already rampaging in Europe: Get Britain! At least that bit of historical accuracy should be in your campaign :laugh:
well i kind of went with the flow, started kicking asses up and down and right and left and that´s what i got.
I dont need the Brits so i might leave them alone.
Dont wanna upset Mr TONY BLAIR :laugh4:

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
05-31-2007, 21:31
If you do this, just be aware that you may suffer a huge performance hit depending upon your computer. That's an option from CA for folks with the fastest rigs.
And I've heard it will reset itself to FALSE if you have a really slow computer.