PDA

View Full Version : Roman Religion/Temples

Rascal
06-01-2007, 20:31
Not sure if I should post this here or in the Ludus Magna but here goes.

I've been trying to incorporate all the Roman gods to be accessed by all the Roman factions so that I may build any Roman temple with any Roman faction. Problem is, I keep having trouble doing this. I've gone into the export_descr_buildings file to edit the factions allowed to build the temples. Example, I replaced romans_julii with roman, which is the faction allowed to build other common units available to all Roman factions. Didnt seem to work, I crashed to desktop but I may have changed something else on that attempt.

Should I add factions roman_scipii and roman_brutii next to roman_julii or is changing the required faction to roman all that needs to be done? I changed the name on each Roman temple from shrine through Pantheon for each Roman temple. Still I may have overlooked something or perhaps I need to add all three factions instead of roman. I figured roman would work since all combat units and no specific faction buildings all say roman instead of roman_julii/scipii/brutii etc.

Also with this I need to know if I have to change example:

"recruit "roman arcani" 0 requires factions { romans_scipii, }

When the Arcani are present on the temple do I leave them alone or do I change that faction to roman as well instead of Julii/scipii/brutii?

So to sum it up, do I need to change faction specific Romans to just roman or do I need to put all three factions in the required factions. Hope I explained this well enough.

On a side note, I was looking to add archers to Carthage also. I edited the file and the games works fine. There is a unit called Carthaginian archers and it is used by Numidia, I added Carthage to the usable factions and sure enough when I select a archery range the description says I can recruit skirmishers, slingers and archers. However after building the archery range, not archer unit is available for me to use although the building still says it will produce the,. Again I changed this on all levels of the building from archery rand to Siege Engineer and all say archer is available but no archer is there. Do I need to edit a unit or select a different archer type? Or is it just in certain Numidian regions if I were to build an archery range I could produce the unit? Same goes with adding Romans or others to the elephant units and I know they can only be produced in regions with elephant resources.

Sorry this message was so long, I wanted to be thorough and hope someone can fill me in. Thanks in advance and good gaming guys...

Poulp'
06-01-2007, 22:17
You have to input every roman factions, "roman" stands for the culture type actually.
See this example

building temple_of_forge
{
levels temple_of_forge_shrine temple_of_forge_temple temple_of_forge_large_temple temple_of_forge_awesome_temple temple_of_forge_pantheon
{
temple_of_forge_shrine requires factions { dacia, greek_cities, macedon, seleucid, romans_julii, romans_scipii, romans_brutii, }
{
capability
{
happiness_bonus bonus 1
weapon_simple bonus 1
}
construction 1
cost 400
settlement_min town
upgrades
{
temple_of_forge_temple
}
}
temple_of_forge_temple requires factions { dacia, greek_cities, macedon, seleucid, romans_julii, romans_scipii, romans_brutii, }
{
capability
{
happiness_bonus bonus 2
weapon_simple bonus 1
weapon_bladed bonus 1
}
construction 2
cost 800
settlement_min large_town
upgrades
{
temple_of_forge_large_temple
}
}
temple_of_forge_large_temple requires factions { dacia, greek_cities, macedon, seleucid, romans_julii, romans_scipii, romans_brutii, }
{
capability
{
happiness_bonus bonus 3
weapon_simple bonus 1
weapon_bladed bonus 1
armour bonus 1
}
construction 3
cost 1600
settlement_min city
upgrades
{
temple_of_forge_awesome_temple
}
}
temple_of_forge_awesome_temple requires factions { greek_cities, macedon, seleucid, romans_julii, romans_scipii, romans_brutii, }
{
capability
{
happiness_bonus bonus 4
weapon_simple bonus 1
weapon_bladed bonus 1
armour bonus 1
recruits_exp_bonus bonus 1
}
construction 5
cost 3200
settlement_min large_city
upgrades
{
temple_of_forge_pantheon
}
}
temple_of_forge_pantheon requires factions { greek_cities, macedon, seleucid, romans_julii, romans_scipii, romans_brutii, }
{
capability
{
happiness_bonus bonus 5
weapon_simple bonus 1
weapon_bladed bonus 1
armour bonus 1
recruits_exp_bonus bonus 2
law_bonus bonus 2
}
construction 6
cost 6400
settlement_min huge_city
upgrades
{
}
}
}
plugins
{
}
}
then, in Export Descr Ancillaries, you have to change faction type into culture type (highlighted in red)

;------------------------------------------
Trigger trigger_priest_of_Vulcan
WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
Condition EndedInSettlement
and RemainingMPPercentage = 100
and SettlementBuildingExists >= temple_of_forge_temple
and CultureType roman
and IsGeneral

AcquireAncillary priest_of_Vulcan chance 15

;------------------------------------------

this whole modding is old memory for me, and I think there's nothing more to change unless you want to add new temples/gods to a faction, in which case you'll have to edit some descriptions in the text folder.

be sure to edit every temples and ancillaries for every roman faction and that should do the trick