PDA

View Full Version : Regions

Captn. James Crunch
06-02-2007, 00:11
How do I remove a region? I have looked through the tutorials at the Scriptorium and it still does not work for me. Here's what I am doing (maybe someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong)
I removed the region on map_region.tga (added it to another region), and then commented out of descr_strat (settlement and army), descr_regions, descr_mercenaries. When I try and load up the campaign, I get a CTD. So I tried deleting it out instead. Still nothing. :help:

Aradan
06-02-2007, 00:33
Just to make sure: Did you delete map.rwm after changing these things?

Captn. James Crunch
06-02-2007, 01:16
I delete it every time I mod the game in any way (even though I dont have to, better safe than sorry) so I'm pretty sure its not that. I have tried changing boundaries on regions and that has worked, but I just can't seem to remove them.
:wall:

Aradan
06-02-2007, 01:23
What does the -show_err tell you when it CTD?

Have you checked if the region is mentioned in descr-disasters, descr_win_conditions, descr_harvest too?

May sound like stupid questions, but you just never know...

Captn. James Crunch
06-02-2007, 17:49
Thats the thing that has me stumped, while the campaign is loading I get a CTD without any error message. I have just checked the files you mentioned and (unfortunately) the regions aren't mentioned in them :dizzy2:

Makanyane
06-02-2007, 21:49
If you changed boundaries before you should know this - but when you change map_regions.tga make sure you don't get blurred colours (I think a lot of mixed up colours can cause crash rather than message)

Other possibility might be in descr_strat, when you took army out was it a named_character? and if so did you also remove him properly from family tree?

Then there is the some random accident problem, it's always worth going back to original files and trying it again.....

Captn. James Crunch
06-03-2007, 19:16
:oops:
I realised I moved a city into the Bay of Bengal. My bad :shame:.