PDA

View Full Version : Omanes' Miniature Medieval Mini Mafia [Concluded]

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-02-2007, 10:36
Hullo,
Welcome to Omanes’ little miniature mafia game!

Introduction:
This mafia game takes place in the Middle Ages during an epic Inquisition. The evil inquisitors of this inquisition are hunting for the last surviving members of a heretical group.

The Inquisitors, knowing that the heretics are hiding in the village, have ordered the village sheriff to create an election in which one person is handed over to the inquisitors for trial and execution daily. They also demand that the village is kept under strict quarantine with nobody been allowed escape. The feeble sheriff, although secretly unwilling, having no choice, was forced to agree to the murderous demands of this evil, yet supposedly holy, force.

The heretics, now, knowing of this new restriction, want to flee this now dangerous town. They know the only way of doing this, is efficiently killing every living person within it. Once everybody is dead, then they hope that they will have the ability to easily escape with no casualties and flee into another, hopefully safer, place as far away as possible.

There will be at least two heretics (mafia), allowed one kill per night, and least two pro-townie roles within this game. The inquisitors are non-player roles (sorry, but they could not be fitted in without some gameplay issues).

Rules:
The role PM cannot be quoted either publicly and privately.
PMs from other players cannot be shown to others privately or publicly - you may only say what was discussed and give a basic idea of what was said.
Quoting from chat logs is not permitted - neither publicly or privately. However, one is permitted to post up what was discussed in these logs.
Posting after death is permitted.
In this game there will not be a WoG - I feel it's a little unfair for either side. Instead of this, I will try to find replacements for inactive players.Current Status
This game is currently in play! Thanks to everybody for joining, and the best of luck to both teams.

Thanks!

Currently In - 12/12
sapi
Warmaster Horus
pevergreen
CountArach
Tran
greaterkhaan
RoadKill
Caius Flaminius
Ichigo
Sarathos
Ignoramus
Orb

sapi
06-02-2007, 10:40
In :bow:

Warmaster Horus
06-02-2007, 11:00
I'm in.

pevergreen
06-02-2007, 11:50
in.

CountArach
06-02-2007, 11:51
/in!

Tran
06-02-2007, 12:43
In surely.

seireikhaan
06-02-2007, 15:58
In.

RoadKill
06-02-2007, 16:23
In.

Caius
06-02-2007, 19:31
/In!

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-03-2007, 16:23
Due to an unfortunate lack of registration activity, I'll begin in approximately three days (from this posting time) or when twelve eager players are gained - whichever one of these may arrive first.

Csargo
06-04-2007, 01:55
:soapbox:

Sarathos
06-04-2007, 10:45
In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ignoramus
06-04-2007, 11:01
I'll join.

Sarathos
06-04-2007, 11:48
Alright, first mafia game!!!!!!!!

Orb
06-04-2007, 16:44
To help everyone else, I'll join.

Warmaster Horus
06-04-2007, 17:50
Thank you Orb. That makes twelve.
When do we start?

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-04-2007, 18:33
Fortunately, I've written the mafia PMs guys, I just need to write the pro-towniee PMs and assign the roles to those select few who are chosen for them. Don't worry though guys - I'll be a maximum of a couple of hours before I begin. Thanks for your patience and thanks for joining.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-04-2007, 19:22
PMs are now released - unfortunately, if you did not receive one, you are a humble townsperson. I appreciate your patience in waiting for this game to start.

Day I
The almighty sun rose above the tiny farming village bleaching the sky a deep blood red. The residents of this village did not yet know this, but by the end of this day, one of their numbers would be in the hands of an inquisition – an evil papal destructive power, like no other force on Earth.

They all marched in a disorganised formation towards the village centre, where the sheriff wanted to speak to them. The sheriff’s speech was nothing out of the ordinary. Every morning he would have a warning regarding bandits or a request for information regarding some petty crime or other. The villagers always listened, yet by evening the comments were almost always forgotten.

Once the townspeople had arrived, the old sheriff spoke in his gruff and blunt tone as he always did from his woodern platform. However, this day there was something different about his actions, yet nobody could understand what it was.
“We have a problem” he said through his moustache “Recently two evil men have infiltrated our village - heretics.” Every single villager gasped in shock and horror at this revelation – heretics were merciless men who were well known to be perverted murderers and foul masters of corruption. “It’s true” the sheriff spoke once everybody clamed down slightly “they are here. The Papal Inquisition….” This comment caused another slightly louder gasp to be emitted from the villagers and some people silently wept for their family – some saw the inquisition as being even worse than the heretics, they had heard many reports of its mighty and dangerous power. “…the Papal Inquisition” the sheriff continued “wishes us to catch these horrible heretics and give them to them. They demand two things. Firstly, the village must be locked up and kept under quarenteen. Secondly they demand that everyday we will have a vote to hand a man over to the inquisitors for trial. They promise us that they will only harm us if we refuse to do these two things.” Some gave a small sigh of relief, others, however, remained attentive, knowing how famous the inquisitors were for going back on their words. “So go back to your normal daily business. The ballot box will be open all day and there will be another meeting tonight just before sunset to count the votes. Does everybody here understand this?” he paused for a few moments and then left the creaking platform. There was an ominous silence for a few seconds before everybody began to walk away from the village centre, many of them shaking in fear of the new threats presented to this once quiet and peaceful village.

It is now the day phase - you guys may now begin voting and get some discussion going. I wish both teams the best of luck, and sincerely hope that you enjoy this game to it's full.

Currently Alive
sapi
Warmaster Horus
pevergreen
CountArach
Tran
greaterkhaan
RoadKill
Caius Flaminius
Ichigo
Sarathos
Ignoramus
Orb

Orb
06-04-2007, 20:01
Vote: Count Arach

Because Roma's Bulls was one Hell of an AAR.

Warmaster Horus
06-04-2007, 21:28
It was, but that's no reason for voting him.
Vote: Orb
Because wanting to lynch the guy who's part of the opposing team (RTR) is just not fair-play.

Orb
06-04-2007, 22:01
True, but this is round one, so we don't really have much other than whimsical accusations to go on :)

RoadKill
06-04-2007, 23:32
vote: abstain not enough discussion

Csargo
06-04-2007, 23:38
Vote:CF

He stole my cookie :sad:

Caius
06-05-2007, 00:17
Vote:CF

He stole my cookie :sad:
Hey!
You stole mine first!
Anyway:

Vote:RoadKill

Abstaining doesnt lead us to a good port.

RoadKill
06-05-2007, 00:23
Vote:caius
Ur being quite inquistive voting for someone becuase he voted abstain.

Caius
06-05-2007, 00:26
Vote:caius
Ur being quite inquistive voting for someone becuase he voted abstain.
Ohhh, come on!

Just was saying that the fact that abstain doesnt work at the start of the game.

Unvote:RoadKill

Tran
06-05-2007, 02:04
Vote: Caius :bounce:

https://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5050/emotbandwagonqr2.gif

pevergreen
06-05-2007, 02:09
Vote: Sarathos

Welcome to mafia....lynchee...

Sarathos
06-05-2007, 02:15
Vote Caius

pevergreen
06-05-2007, 02:15
Why?

:whip:

Sarathos
06-05-2007, 02:16
Why did you vote me?

pevergreen
06-05-2007, 02:20
Why did you vote me?
because you didnt give a reason for voting Caius...

Tran
06-05-2007, 02:22
because you didnt give a reason for voting Caius...
Well I didn't give reason either...but why you vote him instead...hmm? :inquisitive:

pevergreen
06-05-2007, 02:23
Because he is 3 seats in front of me.

Sarathos
06-05-2007, 02:23
just to shut pever up, my vote was random. Happy now pev?

Sarathos
06-05-2007, 02:24
and you say im scummy having no reason. What the hell kind of reason it that?

pevergreen
06-05-2007, 03:09
no i was saying your reasoning for not voting and the fact that how you post is scummy. You dont answer questions with other questions this early.

CountArach
06-05-2007, 07:03
Hey!
You stole mine first!
Anyway:

Vote:RoadKill

Abstaining doesnt lead us to a good port.
Vote: Caius

I have seen you in many games abstaining in teh first round. While Iagree with you that it doesn't help us, it is still interesting that you choose to pick it out now.

sapi
06-05-2007, 08:45
Vote: pevergreen

Your logic stinks, and I don't want to see it in the first round ever again :grin2:

Sarathos
06-05-2007, 08:51
Thanks to my overpowering kindness and friendship, pev and I have called it even and have made up. I do apologise to all for my 'newbiness' as this is my first game so im may stray from your normal standeds a little and if I do, as pev gladly did, let me know. Yet i still vote Caius and it is still a random vote ok pev.......

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-05-2007, 09:16
Current Voting Tally:
CountArach – 1 (Orb)
Orb – 1 (Warmaster Horus)
Caius Flaminius – 5 (Ichigo, RoadKill, Tran, Sarathos, CountArach)
Sarathos – 1 (pevergreen)
pevergreen – 1 (sapi)

May I request that you guys maintain this tally throughout the voting stages - it will, hopefully, make life a little easier for me at the end of this round. Thanks!

pevergreen
06-05-2007, 10:20
Thanks to my overpowering kindness and friendship, pev and I have called it even and have made up. I do apologise to all for my 'newbiness' as this is my first game so im may stray from your normal standeds a little and if I do, as pev gladly did, let me know. Yet i still vote Caius and it is still a random vote ok pev.......
We have?
Ok then! Unvote

Current Voting Tally:
CountArach – 1 (Orb)
pevergreen – 1 (sapi)

Orb
06-05-2007, 12:21
Unvote, vote: Roadkill

Abstaining gets noone anywhere.

Roadkill – 1 (Orb)
pevergreen – 1 (sapi)

Ignoramus
06-05-2007, 13:20
Vote: Orb

Orb
06-05-2007, 14:01
:thumbsup:

Roadkill – 1 (Orb)
Orb – 2 (Warmaster Horus, Ignoramus)
pevergreen – 1 (sapi)

Warmaster Horus
06-05-2007, 16:18
Why, Ignoramus? Not that I disagree...

The Stranger
06-05-2007, 16:30
vote Caius

Warmaster Horus
06-05-2007, 16:42
I don't believe you're playing this game, Stranger...

The Stranger
06-05-2007, 16:45
oh.. sorry... :P

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-05-2007, 17:47
Unfortunately, I will be visiting a friend in hospital later this evening, so I will have to, sadly, declare the round over slightly earlier than anticipated. Sorry guys if you wanted it to last longer.

Day I Conclusion
The sheriff called everybody to the sunset meeting. When the villagers arrived and the sheriff stood on the old wooden platform, the votes were counted, one by one in a methodical order. The atmosphere was extremely tense, nobody uttered a word, terrified of what may happen to them and others that they knew. After five long and painful minutes the sheriff spoke “Caius Flaminius is going to be handed over to the inquisitors.” Everybody else breathed a sigh of relief at their good fortune. Caius on the other hand, was less relieved.
“I’m innocent, you all know I am, I never did anything wrong, I worship God, I pray to him every day....” he stammered in both fear and frustration, “Please don’t give me to them, please don’t give me to them, save me, oh God help me.” He now began to weep in floods of tears which fell into a brown puddle on the muddy floor. He knew what was to come.
The sheriff now spoke down to him in a stern voice, “Caius Flaminius, you have been nominated for trial by this town on behalf of the inquisition. As you know we have no choice, but to do this to save us all from their wrath.” He then nodded to the back of the crowd where two men robed in red stood, they grabbed Caius firmly on the shoulder, and dragged him away by his hair, depsite his protest.
“Thankyou very much sheriff” one of them said mercilessly with his thick accented voice “We will enjoy the trial and torture of this heretical suspect.” Once Caius was harshly dragged away, the remaining villagers walked away from the podium and back to their homes. They felt safe, thinking that the carnage was over for that day, however they didn’t know the terrible truth yet, but this night would see one of them being murdered by the murderous heretical cause – simply so that they could escape the wrath of the inquistors.

All members with roles please send me your PMs, this night will finish in approximately twenty-four hours.

Currently Alive and In the Town
sapi
Warmaster Horus
pevergreen
CountArach
Tran
greaterkhaan
RoadKill
Ichigo
Sarathos
Ignoramus
Orb

Under Trial and Torture
Caius Flaminius

RoadKill
06-06-2007, 03:18
Unvote, vote: Roadkill

Abstaining gets noone anywhere.

Roadkill – 1 (Orb)
pevergreen – 1 (sapi)

I changed my vote to Caius.....

CountArach
06-06-2007, 04:59
When do we learn his role?

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-06-2007, 07:13
When do we learn his role?Sorry, I forgot to mention - it's three days after his death - once the inquisitors have finished "playing" with him.

Sarathos
06-06-2007, 07:40
Bl for him

pevergreen
06-06-2007, 07:47
its gotta hurt...

Csargo
06-06-2007, 09:45
Sad, this definately isn't a good start.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-06-2007, 18:27
Unfortunately, I'm yet to get PMs from everybody who I require them from, so the night phase will have to be extended to wait for them to inform me of their actions. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-07-2007, 08:27
Night Phase I - Conclusion
Orb was taking his morning jog along the marshland to the east of the town when he heard footsteps coming from behind him.

Curious, he turned, to find a man dressed in a black robe, flowing around his body, following him.

"Hello, stranger," Orb said cheerfully. "Looking to keep your fitness up too?"
Hearing no reply, Orb frowned, sighed, and continued running.

Smiling now, the stranger removed a small hunting crossbow from his belt, and shot Orb in the kneecap.

Thrashing in pain, he could do nothing to prevent himself being picked up by the stranger and carried off. Soon, everything went black.

Orb woke to find himself strapped spreadeagled on a rusty metal table, facing the decrepit ceiling above.

Two men approached him, one gripping a pair of pliers in his right hand, the other a hot metal skewer.

"You may have escaped the inquisition...but you will never escape God's judgement"

Ichigo was sat round the fire. He was writing on a simple wax tablet, working something out while slowly consuming a wooden bowlful of gruel wile dipping a loaf of bread within it. He felt secure in his tiny, yet cosy home, away from both the terrifying inquisitors and the threatening heretics! Of course though, feeling secure is not the same as actually being secure, as he was to soon find out.

“Ichigo”, a quiet, whispering and mysterious voice said.

“What, where, who are you. What do you want with me.” Ichigo grabbed his pitchfork from beside the fireplace, preparing for whatever may be coming.

“I want you dead the same voice said – you are an evil heretic, you must die!” his voice transformed into a berserker type rage as the owner of the voice landed down through the thatched roof into the small hut. The attacker roared with rage, charging at Ichigo at lightening speed. Ichigo simply stood there, pitchfork held downwards, ready for the almighty clash that was coming.

Suddenly, before anything struck, an almighty armoured man, like a guardian angle, appeared in the doorway. The attacker forgot his rage at Ichigo and desperately tried to escape the small home, knowing that he could not fight two men single handed. He immediately ran for the backdoor, unlocked it, and charged away as fast as possible.

“I’ll get you Ichigo, you and your heretical bodyguard, just you wait and see”

As day dawned upon the village, the sheriff spoke in his normal gruff and abrupt way. "Last night, a murder and an attempted murder occurred in this village." Everybody gasped. "It seems the evil heretics are trying to murder us so that they can escape, let's destroy them before they can kill us all!" A slight cheer came from many villagers, but some were now even more terrified of both the threat of hand over to the inquisition and the the threat of death at the hands of the heretics. "As you know, voting will go on all day, vote wisely and don't be tricked by the heretical scum! Good luck!"

It is now the day phase, voting may begin. PMs will now be sent out to those who require them.

Still Alive:
sapi
Warmaster Horus
pevergreen
CountArach
Tran
greaterkhaan
RoadKill
Ichigo
Sarathos
Ignoramus

Killed:
Orb

Under Trial and Torture
Caius Flaminius

Csargo
06-07-2007, 08:37
Vote:Ignoramus

The bad thing about playing how you do Ignoramus, is that when your guilty it shows.

sapi
06-07-2007, 08:40
“I want you dead the same voice said – you are an evil heretic, you must die!”Now that's interesting - was that an attempted vigilante kill or are the mafia playing with us?

Was Ichigo saved by a doctor, or was that protection part of his role?

Very interesting...

EDIT: Ichigo, care to explain that vote more clearly? I'm don't see anything more pointing to him than to anyone at this stage...

Csargo
06-07-2007, 08:47
Now that's interesting - was that an attempted vigilante kill or are the mafia playing with us?

Was Ichigo saved by a doctor, or was that protection part of his role?

Very interesting...

EDIT: Ichigo, care to explain that vote more clearly? I'm don't see anything more pointing to him than to anyone at this stage...

The fact that he actually voted should be proof enough.

Ignoramus
06-07-2007, 08:49
? Just because I voted for Orb and he's dead I'm guilty?

Csargo
06-07-2007, 08:52
? Just because I voted for Orb and he's dead I'm guilty?

If you actually participated more than just joining, you wouldn't be caught so easily.

sapi
06-07-2007, 08:56
The fact that he actually voted should be proof enough.
:laugh4:

Ah, I see your point now :yes:

Ignoramus, care to explain yourself?

I'm inclined to cut people a bit of slack in the first round, but you'd better give me some good reasons to do so now, and fast.

Csargo
06-07-2007, 08:59
Does attempted murder count?:grin:

sapi
06-07-2007, 10:14
Hmmm...I'm still trying to work out whether that turn of phrase I highlighted earlier indicated a vigilante kill or not - it'd seem a bit strange for supposed 'heretics' to kill someone for being an 'evil heretic'; but likewise a vig. kill seems stupid this early on.

Omanes, can we get a confirmation on the number of mafia kills per night?

Ignoramus
06-07-2007, 13:00
Sapi appears to be too investigative for my liking; he's acting like a confused heretic.

Csargo
06-07-2007, 13:43
Blame. Also I don't understand how being investigative makes someone guilty. The fact that you're actually participating in this game is proof enough to me that your guilty, though that may not be enough for others.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-07-2007, 16:28
Omanes, can we get a confirmation on the number of mafia kills per night?There's only ever one mafia kill - the other will always be by a pro-towniee role.

Warmaster Horus
06-07-2007, 17:00
Thanks for telling us Omanes.

Blame. Also I don't understand how being investigative makes someone guilty. The fact that you're actually participating in this game is proof enough to me that your guilty, though that may not be enough for others.

True. The question then is, have you played with him before? If so, was he guilty when active, and innocent when not?

Orb
06-07-2007, 18:07
'Still Alive:
sapi
Warmaster Horus
pevergreen
CountArach
Tran
greaterkhaan
RoadKill
Ichigo
Sarathos
Ignoramus

Killed:
Orb

Under Trial and Torture
Caius Flaminius'

So, Ichigo's pretty clearly innocent. The vigilante got the wrong guy, so I'm guessing he's Roadkill (or possibly Sarathos, but I don't have much reasoning except that he's new) - seeking a reason for a vote and condemning Caius for voting for not much reason.

I'm guessing that Caius is innocent (the mafia was slow to act, which could fit in with either CA or Ignoramus activity patterns) for now. Ignoramus has also posted beyond joining up, which is :gcinquisitive: out of character. That said, he could just be trying to repent as Rise of Nations is off at the moment, and this is a more typical mafia game than the last few.

I doubt that we had any good reason to lynch Caius, so the following are in my suspect list: Tran, Sarathos and CA for bandwagoning. CA's excuse is longer, which, ironically, makes him more scummy. Bad townies don't tend to excuse their actions like that (Tran's didn't seem scummy, rather more random-townie).

So, I recommend that CA face the table.

Csargo
06-08-2007, 04:09
Thanks for telling us Omanes.

True. The question then is, have you played with him before? If so, was he guilty when active, and innocent when not?

He's never really active, and I don't recall him ever being guilty. So, I guess he's guilty at least that's what I think.

CountArach
06-08-2007, 06:03
I'm guessing that Caius is innocent (the mafia was slow to act, which could fit in with either CA or Ignoramus activity patterns) for now. Ignoramus has also posted beyond joining up, which is :gcinquisitive: out of character. That said, he could just be trying to repent as Rise of Nations is off at the moment, and this is a more typical mafia game than the last few.
I am going to comment if I feel the need to.

I doubt that we had any good reason to lynch Caius, so the following are in my suspect list: Tran, Sarathos and CA for bandwagoning. CA's excuse is longer, which, ironically, makes him more scummy. Bad townies don't tend to excuse their actions like that (Tran's didn't seem scummy, rather more random-townie).
If you look, that was the first post I had made after the game start. Therefore, it is just a coincidence that I was the fifth person on the bandwagon. Caius was going to be lynched regardless of who I voted for. If I was scum... would I have added to that?

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-08-2007, 07:01
Hope you don't mind guys, but I'm going to extend this day phase till this evening (GMT) - I don't want to lynch somebody based upon one vote by one person - I feel that that could be a little bit unfair on the person who will be voted out. Sorry if this causes any problems.

sapi
06-08-2007, 08:00
Sapi appears to be too investigative for my liking; he's acting like a confused heretic.
Do you have any evidence - any at all - to back up that accusation?

If that's a no, and if you don't post said evidence before Omanes closes the vote, you're gone.

I would like to Vote: Sarathos for now, though - one thing we do need is getting more people involved; but if Ignoramus fails to reply by the time the vote comes around, I'm withdrawing this in favour of his death.

Csargo
06-08-2007, 08:02
Why? Ignoramus is guilty no doubt about that.

Ignoramus
06-08-2007, 08:30
Because I participate I'm guilty? That's rubbish, in fact, you and sapi are looking very suspicious in trying to bandwagon me.

Vote: sapi

CountArach
06-08-2007, 08:33
How is sapi trying to bandwagon you? He voted for Sarathos.

Me thinks you are being far too defensive. Not a great townie move.

Vote: Ignoramus

Ignoramus
06-08-2007, 08:40
So in the first game in ages that I actually participate in I get bandwagoned simply because I haven't been active in previous games? I wonder why I haven't bothered participating before.

Tran
06-08-2007, 09:04
It's obvious that Ignoramus is either (pretend) too confuse or...guilty!

Vote: Ignoramus

And guys, remember to keep the voting tally, as it made Omanes' life easier...:grin2:

Current Voting Tally:
Ignoramus – 3 (Ichigo, CountArach, Tran)
Sarathos – 1 (sapi)
sapi – 1 (Ignoramus)

Csargo
06-08-2007, 09:11
Because I participate I'm guilty? That's rubbish, in fact, you and sapi are looking very suspicious in trying to bandwagon me.

Yep pretty much.

So in the first game in ages that I actually participate in I get bandwagoned simply because I haven't been active in previous games? I wonder why I haven't bothered participating before.

Try pretty much every game in a while that you've joined. Oh let's sympathize with poor Ignoramus because he doesn't want to actually participate unless he has a role.:bigcry:

sapi
06-08-2007, 10:32

Quite frankly, I expected some sort of competent defence when I posted, or at least some proper reason for you accusing me...instead, a vote on me for a perceived 'bandwagon', when I didn't even vote for you

Unvote; Vote: Ignoramus

As promised :bow:

Current Voting Tally:
Ignoramus – 3 (Ichigo, CountArach, Tran, sapi)
sapi – 1 (Ignoramus)

I would like to hear from the lurkers, though - I seem to say this every game but you're not helping!

Warmaster Horus
06-08-2007, 11:26
Agree. Also, Ignoramus, if you join, play. Or ask for suicide. But causing a debate because of inactivity isn't good.

Vote:Ignoramus

Current Voting Tally:
Ignoramus – 5 (Ichigo, CountArach, Tran, sapi, WH)
sapi – 1 (Ignoramus)

Ignoramus
06-08-2007, 13:17
Et tu Horace? Then fall Ignoramus!

Warmaster Horus
06-08-2007, 15:09
Are you accusing me of being a traitor?

By the way, this

Also, Ignoramus, if you join, play. Or ask for suicide. But causing a debate because of inactivity isn't good.

is for Citadel of Alamut. Play it.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-08-2007, 16:34
Day II Conclusion
Evening arrived, as always. Everybody gathered in the village square, praying that a evil heretic was now to be taken away. The sheriff stood on his platform as he did the previous evening; it creaked and whined as usual. He slowly counted the all powerful votes, one by one, by the time he had counted the third vote he realised that the conclusion was almost unanimous.

“Ignoramus” he bellowed in his gruff voice “You have been nominated for trial by this village on behalf of the inquisitors.”

The villagers were relieved, yet Ignoramus simply stood their, he offered a prayer upward, yet said nothing to anybody around him, and showed little emotion whatsoever.

“You can take him away” the sheriff abruptly said.

On queue, the red robed inquisitors appeared from the back of the small crowd, took hold of Ignoramus’ hands and began to drag him away.

“Thankyou very much my dear sheriff” one of them said in a rasping and grating tone. “If this suspect is a heretic, then we will make him pay for last night’s murder, you have my sincere word.”

As the gates opened for the inquisitors to drag Ignoramus out of the town, he shed a small tear, although nobody would ever notice. He knew that he was very unlikely to be seen again by anybody - his friends or his family.

Once Ignoramus was out of the town gates the sheriff spoke again.

"Goodnight honourable villagers, I wish you the best of luck in keeping secure this night. Be on guard at all times - avoid the heretic's sting."

He then left the platform and the villagers returned to their homes. They knew that this was to be a long and dangerous night for all of them.

Voting Tally:
Ignoramus – 5 (Ichigo, CountArach, Tran, sapi, Warmaster Horus)
sapi – 1 (Ignoramus)

Still Alive:
sapi
Warmaster Horus
pevergreen
CountArach
Tran
greaterkhaan
RoadKill
Ichigo
Sarathos

Killed:
Orb

Under Trial and Torture
Caius Flaminius
Ignoramus

It is now the night phase. PMs please from all those who I require them from. Good luck.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-10-2007, 07:55
Sorry guys, but the Night Phase will have to be further extended as I still require PMs from some of the people I need them from. Apologies for any inconvenience.

CountArach
06-10-2007, 08:49
Come on guys!

Sarathos
06-10-2007, 09:03
Thats quite funny, people (such as I) get accused and voted for inactivity or for just being new in which i dont see as being a crime. Yet everyone with roles (I do not confirm nor deny that i have one) have not sent their actions in repeatedly. What is going on.........?

Csargo
06-10-2007, 09:13
so being new is a crime now, i see. But i do apologise for my not voting anyone as i have no reason to vote anyone and that may be seen sus but the truth is that if i do vote anyone makes me sus anyway as i am new and have no history or motive to vote anyone. Also if there is a stringed vote why is it always assumed as a bandwagon especially if they all stated it was random?

People lie.

sapi
06-10-2007, 09:14
For fun.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-10-2007, 09:30
Night II Conclusion
pevergreen was walking back home after a brisk walk to help himself get to sleep. However, just before he entered the door of his home, a voice spoke to him, although he could not tell which direction it was coming from.

“Greetings pevergreen, enjoyed your walk have you”

pevergreen taking no chances grabbed the farming tool from the outside of his home and hid it behind his back.

“Yes I did, actually”, pevergreen replied.

“Good” responded the stranger in a whispering voice, “because it will be you’re very last.”

pevergreen, upon hearing this, ran into his home as fast as he possibly could and, in the confusion, dropped his only weapon. He locked the door, hoping that he was no longer at risk. He was quite wrong about that, however.

The strange man roared and leaped upon pevergreen from behind a pot within pevergreen’s house. He possessed an almighty wooden club which pevergreen knew had the power to kill him. pevergreen was now captured, sandwiched between the floor and the attacker.

“Goodnight pevergreen” shouted the man. “Enjoy your trip to hell – I’m sure that the evil Satan will like your heretical beliefs.”

The attacker raised his club and struck pevergreen again and again, showing no emotion and ignoring his screams for mercy. By the time the attacker was finished with him, pevergreen was unrecognisable - simply a mass of mutilated flesh and powdered bones.

Tran was taking his usual morning stroll through the centre of town early in the morning.

He'd only got to sleep late the night before, as he'd been busy drinking with his mates last night...or that morning - he forgot.

Anyway, in his tiredness, he absently took his usual shortcut through the alleyway behind the baker's shop. Unfortunately for him, he'd done it once too often.

Tran woke, many hours later, to find three men dressed in long, white coats standing around him holding instruments of torture.

"It seems that the pliers didn't work as well as intended last time," said one.

"I wonder whether Tran would object to trying being flayed alive? We've got to keep innovating, you know"

The sheriff called his usual morning meeting. Once he has climbed onto his platform he spoke in his usual gruff and abrupt voice.

"Villagers and friends, last night, there were two brutal murders. We know that at least one of these was by the heretics. Remember to be on guard at all times, we don't know what these mentally unstable men will do next." The villagers looked terrified at the fact that the mystical protector of the previous night had not saved anybody this time. "So, vote wisely fellow, avoid lynching simple fellows. Locate the heretics, it's the only way we will be at peace from their perverted ways."
It is now the day phase, voting may now commence.

PMs will be sent out to those whom require them. Good luck!

Still Alive:
sapi
Warmaster Horus
CountArach
greaterkhaan
RoadKill
Ichigo
Sarathos

Killed:
Orb
pevergreen
Tran

Under Trial and Torture
Caius Flaminius
Ignoramus

Orb
06-10-2007, 10:18
Omanes, do you do the write-ups?
I'm guessing yes, but I could be wrong.

Anyhow, I'm still gunning for CA. Whoever's the vigilante would likely be better off ceasing judgement calls at the moment.

Tran
06-10-2007, 10:37
I think I know who's guilty because I talked to him last night...

Csargo
06-10-2007, 10:45
I think I know who's guilty because I talked to him last night...

Me, never. I'm ashamed that you would think such a thing

sapi
06-10-2007, 12:30
Omanes, do you do the write-ups?
I'm guessing yes, but I could be wrong.

Anyhow, I'm still gunning for CA. Whoever's the vigilante would likely be better off ceasing judgement calls at the moment.
Agreed.

For us to have a chance, that role needs to be placed under the town's control (with protection from the mafia once revealed, obviously)

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-10-2007, 12:58
Omanes, do you do the write-ups?I wrote the vigilante kills, although the vigilante can write it himself if he so desires. The mafia, however, write their own kill. The same is true, though, for the mafia - they don't have to write the kill if they don't want to.

Warmaster Horus
06-10-2007, 18:28
Well, that's nice. Means we can't have any idea whatsoever of the Vigilante. The Mafia, though, if someone thinks it worthwhile they can try to analyse the write-ups.

I also agree with the Vigilante idea. If he attacks the people he targeted in the thread, then we might have an idea who it is. If not, though...

Tran
06-11-2007, 00:47
Me, never. I'm ashamed that you would think such a thing
I'm ashamed that you would think I talked with only one person :bow:

sapi
06-11-2007, 02:20
Well, that's nice. Means we can't have any idea whatsoever of the Vigilante. The Mafia, though, if someone thinks it worthwhile they can try to analyse the write-ups.I'll give it a try; though with so few (and, indeed, with no way of knowing with 100% certainty which is mafia) I don't think we'll get that much out of this.

I've decided which is which based on uses of the word 'heretic' in the other two; let me know if you disagree.

Orb was taking his morning jog along the marshland to the east of the town when he heard footsteps coming from behind him.

Curious, he turned, to find a man dressed in a black robe, flowing around his body, following him.

"Hello, stranger," Orb said cheerfully. "Looking to keep your fitness up too?"
Hearing no reply, Orb frowned, sighed, and continued running.

Smiling now, the stranger removed a small hunting crossbow from his belt, and shot Orb in the kneecap.

Thrashing in pain, he could do nothing to prevent himself being picked up by the stranger and carried off. Soon, everything went black.

Orb woke to find himself strapped spreadeagled on a rusty metal table, facing the decrepit ceiling above.

Two men approached him, one gripping a pair of pliers in his right hand, the other a hot metal skewer.

"You may have escaped the inquisition...but you will never escape God's judgement"

Tran was taking his usual morning stroll through the centre of town early in the morning.

He'd only got to sleep late the night before, as he'd been busy drinking with his mates last night...or that morning - he forgot.

Anyway, in his tiredness, he absently took his usual shortcut through the alleyway behind the baker's shop. Unfortunately for him, he'd done it once too often.

Tran woke, many hours later, to find three men dressed in long, white coats standing around him holding instruments of torture.

"It seems that the pliers didn't work as well as intended last time," said one.

"I wonder whether Tran would object to trying being flayed alive? We've got to keep innovating, you know"

Three main things I got from the analysis
- these were probably written by the same person - the phrasing is remarkably similar
- that person can speak english pretty well;
- however they may not be a native speaker, as there are all sorts of needless repetition in the text (eg. "taking his usual morning stroll...early in the morning")

Not much more I can see right now - we'll just have to do a bit more analysis when some more kills get posted...

RoadKill
06-11-2007, 02:43
To add to wht Sapi said, u can tell he has pretty good grammer.

Csargo
06-11-2007, 03:01
Spot on sapi. Nice work.:thumbsup:

Vote:Roadkill For stating the obvious.

CountArach
06-11-2007, 04:28
Anyhow, I'm still gunning for CA.
Why?

Csargo
06-11-2007, 11:52
No one else has anything to say?

Warmaster Horus
06-11-2007, 12:09
To say... such as?

And, sapi, that sounds right.

Csargo
06-11-2007, 13:27
To say... such as?

And, sapi, that sounds right.

Such as voting. People have made assumptions, but haven't acted on them..

Orb
06-11-2007, 15:06
The kill of Tran seems very much in CA's style (sleek, sophisticated and accurate). The first kills were delayed due to a late PM. CA bandwagoned Caius and has voted fairly safely. He also used an extended but insubstantial reason to excuse the bandwagon, which is a mafia tactic. A lesser townie simply throws a vote in without a reason.

'The mafia, however, write their own kill' - the style therefore implicates him.

FOS: Sarathos Just a hunch.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-11-2007, 17:05
Again, the day phase will be extended - I dislike lynching based upon one person's vote. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Csargo
06-11-2007, 17:19
Again, the day phase will be extended - I dislike lynching based upon one person's vote. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Even if that vote is mine? Ah shucks.

Warmaster Horus
06-11-2007, 17:40
Uh, sorry if I'm making some big reading mistake, but doesn't Orb contradict himself, more or less, in his post?

The kill of Tran seems very much in CA's style (sleek, sophisticated and accurate). The first kills were delayed due to a late PM. CA bandwagoned Caius and has voted fairly safely. He also used an extended but insubstantial reason to excuse the bandwagon, which is a mafia tactic. A lesser townie simply throws a vote in without a reason.

'The mafia, however, write their own kill' - the style therefore implicates him.

FOS: Sarathos Just a hunch.

He first talks against CA, and then puts a FOS on Sarathos?
Where's the logic in that?
FoS:Orb
Vote:CA

Reason: Orb pointed out plenty of faults, but doesn't act on them. Also, to free up some of his time for RTR7 :yes: :laugh4:

This mini-mafia needs to move :smash: So, vote people!

Orb
06-11-2007, 19:12
I'm finding it somewhat difficult to act in my current state of health ;)
Also, I attacked CA in the post, but I didn't have much evidence for Sarathos, so I just added a nice FOS to emphasise that. I've looked over everything again, and I'm not so sure about CA as I was.

Sarathos
06-12-2007, 06:47
Then can you be sure of me.........?

Sarathos
06-12-2007, 06:53
Btw, why is that suddenly all the suspicions fall on me. what did or didnt i do to make me a target. Now i know this is the nature of the game, but to make a accusation dont you need evidence and so far, i have seen none apart from the fact that i am new, im not active enough and i cant make an descent votes. So if anyone has some REAL evidence with a REAL explaination please feel free to share

Tran
06-12-2007, 08:19
Sarathos, that's because they're the evil heretics :bow:

CountArach
06-12-2007, 11:07
Reason: Orb pointed out plenty of faults, but doesn't act on them. Also, to free up some of his time for RTR7
Orb is dead :wink:

Warmaster, you have made no points of your own to which I can answer. The only points that Orb has made is that the killing is very much my style, a fair enough observation and one to which I have no answer except that there are other people who write to a similar quality.

Vote: Warmaster

AS to Sarathos, I think that most of his faults are just fairly n00bish things, and tbh I haven't seen that much that makes me suspicious.

Warmaster Horus
06-12-2007, 11:15
Well, of course Orb is dead, but why put a FoS on Sarathos, and not on you?

EDIT: Gah! Just noticed Orb was killed...

:oops: Sorry! UnFoS:Orb

CountArach
06-12-2007, 11:17
Also, I attacked CA in the post, but I didn't have much evidence for Sarathos, so I just added a nice FOS to emphasise that. I've looked over everything again, and I'm not so sure about CA as I was.
:2thumbsup:

Csargo
06-12-2007, 12:10
Unvote:Roadkill
Vote:Sarathos

For acting weird.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-12-2007, 17:53
Current Voting Tally
CountArach - 1 (Warmaster Horus)
Warmaster Horus - 1 (CountArach)
Sarathos - 1 (Ichigo)

I'm sorry to say that I don't really wish to prolong this round for multiple days and nights waiting for a strong proportion of votes to be reached. Sadly, henceforth, I will have to kill whomever get two votes to become ahead of the other possible lynch targets. Sorry for any inconvenience.

RoadKill
06-12-2007, 23:18
Vote: Sarthos
What ichigo says is true, your behaviour is extremely akward.

Sarathos
06-13-2007, 03:08
Thanks CA for pointing out the obvious, in which no else really take the time to notice as he is absolutly right. I am a noob, no doubt about it and as for my weird behavouir, how the hell am i supposed to act? I shall state again that his is my first mafia so i do apologise if i do act strange but this is driven by my lack of experiance and the tonnes of critasism plied on by you guys. How am i supposed to act is the real question.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-13-2007, 07:27
Day III Conclusion
The sheriff stood on his platform at sundown, it groaned as if it knew what was approaching. Then, as usual, he counted the votes. He noticed that today it wasn't very uniform.

"Sarathos!" the sheriff abruptly said.

Sarathos stood up, terribly shocked at the village's choice to have him sent to certain death - terrified of what was coming for him!

"Sarathos, you have been nominated to be handed over to the inquisitors for trial. Take him away."

On que the inquisitors came up behind the now shaking Sarathos and grabbed him by his cloak and begun to take him away.

"Thankyou ever so much sheriff" one of the Inquistors said. "I think that this trial will be most entertaining!"

As Sarathos left the gates, shaking in a terrific wave of fear, people began to slowly walk back home. They knew that this night was going to be very, very exhausting for all of them

Voting Tally
Sarathos - 2 (Ichigo, RoadKill)

Still Alive:
sapi
Warmaster Horus
CountArach
greaterkhaan
RoadKill
Ichigo

Killed:
Orb
pevergreen
Tran

Under Trial and Torture
Caius Flaminius
Ignoramus
Sarathos

PMs please from all those whom I require them from, good luck.

sapi
06-13-2007, 08:24
That wasn't a good idea, I don't think.

We need to find something more substantial to lynch people for than being uncomfortable as a new player :wall:

I would have intervened, but was afk ~:(

pevergreen
06-13-2007, 10:07
Night II Conclusion

Still Alive:
sapi
Warmaster Horus
CountArach
greaterkhaan
RoadKill
Ichigo
Sarathos

Killed:
Orb
pevergreen
Tran

Under Trial and Torture
Caius Flaminius
Ignoramus

Voting Tally
Sarathos - 2 (Ichigo, RoadKill)

Still Alive:
sapi
Warmaster Horus
pevergreen
CountArach
Tran
greaterkhaan
RoadKill
Ichigo
Sarathos

Killed:
Orb

Under Trial and Torture
Caius Flaminius
Ignoramus
Sarathos

pevergreen lives....MWHAHAHA

CountArach
06-13-2007, 11:08
Hehe, I was gonna mention something about that pever.

Warmaster Horus
06-13-2007, 11:12
That was a mistake, I should think. Both the lynch, and the living list.

Sarathos was a new player, this was his third round of what is supposed to be a very quick mafia game. I'm not saying be fair, but be a fair-player. And, Roadkill, that sounds like a bandwagon to me.

Tran
06-13-2007, 14:52
pevergreen lives....MWHAHAHA
Tran too...!

**kills pevergreen**

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-13-2007, 17:46
Sorry guys, copied and pasted the wrong list. I'll be more careful in future. Thanks for notifying me.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-14-2007, 07:12
Ichigo was not normal - the whole town knew that. But it was not there place to question such an exhaled personage; so they didn't. Instead, they listened to his judgement, and finally consented.

So it was well known around town that Ichigo often stayed up late at nights, happily plotting the downfall of his next victim. The men in the black robes who took him from his room that night didn't appreciate this.

And so Ichigo woke, after a doomed struggle, to find himself strapped face down to a cold, hard table.

A voice spoke up from his right. "It's scum like you who have allowed Christianity to survive this long."
Ichigo squirmed, hearing his faith so dismissed.
"But the real God will judge you," continued the voice.
"Once you've been purified," another interjected.

One of them slowly walked forward, tweezers in hand ready to strip Ichigo to shreds. Ichigo passed out, terrified that his demise was now coming, but just before he did this, he saw a glint of steel chainmail and a spear emerge in the corner of his eye, above the head of one of the attackers.

Ichigo woke up in his home layed on his own straw bed. An armoured man, whom has a nasty wound on the back of his hand, stood over him.

"That was a pretty close call my most honourable friend, good job I got to you in time" he said. "Are you alright?"

"I think so" Ichigo said, still quite nervous "but, who are you?"

But, before Ichigo could look up, the heroic saviour was gone, disappearing into the moonlight.

The sheriff, at this morning's gathering, was slightly more pleased than he had been over the past few days.

"Last night" he said in his normal voice "there was an attack, but there was no kill! It seems God has sent a guardian angle down from heaven to help us."

The villagers breathed a sigh of relief.

"However, since there was an attack, you still must remember to keep safe. Be alert, and don't allow anything to trick you during voting today!"

The villagers sent out a cheer at this valiant comment and then scattered off to their daily business. Their morale was higher than previous days - they knew that the heretics were weak since one man could stop them.

It is now the day phase, voting may now commence. PMs will be sent out to those whom require them. Good luck!

Still Alive:
sapi
Warmaster Horus
CountArach
greaterkhaan
RoadKill
Ichigo

Killed:
Orb
pevergreen
Tran

Under Trial and Torture
Caius Flaminius
Ignoramus
Sarathos

Csargo
06-14-2007, 07:21
I Liveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Muwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

CountArach
06-14-2007, 07:38
Lucky town.

Well this tells us that the Vigilante was probably killed lthe night before (or possibly Day), or chose to curb their enthusiasm this time.

pevergreen
06-14-2007, 07:58
Hmm, its good that we have got another round free. But dont take Ichigo as innocent just yet, mafia could have layed off for a night.

Keep playing well guys :wink:

sapi
06-14-2007, 08:13
I don't know about you, but I can't really see the mafia giving up a kill to fool us...

That aside, we now know that we have a 'doctor' type role, and we need to make use of it.

If the vigilante is still alive, I propose that they reveal, in return for protection from the doctor. That way we can use their skills properly, in an ordered manner (in effect, getting two lynchings per turn)

Warmaster Horus
06-14-2007, 11:28
Wasn't there in another mafia a Vigilante/Doctor role? Who could either kill or protect a player?

I would Vote:Roadkill. For what looked like a bandwagon last turn.

sapi
06-14-2007, 11:39
Wasn't there in another mafia a Vigilante/Doctor role? Who could either kill or protect a player?An interesting idea, but one that I doubt is present in this game, as a few nights back what seemed to be the vigilante kill was blocked by the doctor role...

I'm going to have to put a pressure vote on Roadkill for now, to further explain his reasons behind his lynch vote on Sarathos

EDIT: bolded vote (yes, it did take me a while to notice ;) )

seireikhaan
06-14-2007, 22:23
If we're going to get anywhere with pressure votes, we need more of them. So, vote: Roadkill

Tally:

Roadkill 3(Greaterkhaan, Sapi, Warmaster Horus)

CountArach
06-15-2007, 03:45
Vote: greaterkhaan

That is not pressure voting, that is bandwagonning.

Warmaster Horus
06-15-2007, 11:17
I'm half tempted of unvoting and voting Greaterkhan, but I won't. Roadkill's vote on Sarathos looks much like a bandwagon.

FoS:Greaterkhan.

Orb
06-15-2007, 11:22
3 days after Caius' torture. What do we learn?

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-15-2007, 17:30
Day IV Conclusion
This evening, when the villagers arived at the town centre to see whom the victim was, the sheriff was not there as usual. In his place, were the two red robed men. The village was unerved by the presence of these men at first, but soon calmed down and listen to what they had to say.

"Today we have an announcement" one said with a harsh and thick Italian accent. "Caius, whom you gave to us on the first day, was just a simple and humble innocent Catholic man." His voice began to sound quite angry at this. "He was found innocent at the trial, but died soon afterwards from wounds inflicted by the torture's tools! You killed an innocent man - I expect better from you in the futre men - if the heretics win this fight, then I will make sure that you all are deservingly punished, that is, if they keep you alive long enough."

"Thankyou Ferdinando!" The sheriff now emerged from behind the platform, he cleared his throat, and began counting the votes in silence.

"Roadkill" he shouted.

Roadkill looked around in alarm, he immedately began to grovel for mercy terrifed of his approaching death.

"I didn't do it, I worship him, I worship God." As if to prove it, he produced a bible from his back pocket and began to read a tediously long passage. The sheriff immediately silenced him with his usual formal words.

"RoadKill you have been nominated by this village for trail by the inquisition, take him away."

As always the inquisitors grabbed him by his shoulders, despite Roadkills protests of innocence and dragged him away.

"My thanks sheriff, we will make this one speak the truth"

Voting Tally
RoadKill - 3 (Warmaster Horus, greaterkhaan, sapi)
greaterkhaan - 1 (CountArach)

Still Alive:
sapi
Warmaster Horus
CountArach
greaterkhaan
Ichigo

Killed:
Orb
pevergreen
Tran

Under Trial and Torture
Ignoramus
Sarathos
Roadkill

Found Innocent at Trial
Caius Flaminius [towniee]

PMs please from all those whom I require them from, good luck.

Orb
06-15-2007, 18:22
Well, 5 here. If both mafia are alive still, we're dead.

Csargo
06-15-2007, 18:37
Well, 5 here. If both mafia are alive still, we're dead.

There's only one left. ~;)

CountArach
06-15-2007, 22:50
Good positive thinking Ichigo.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-16-2007, 07:26
Night IV Write Up
CountArach was to be found in the church, every morning, without fail. Some wondered what he had done in the past to make his devotions necessary; but none doubted his sincerity.

When the town came in for morning mass, he was already sitting in the pews, waiting for the ceremony to start.

No one was surprised that he did not move while the priest made his ritual denunciations of the heretics; he never did. No one was surprised when his head remained bowed during the gospel reading; it always did.

But they were surprised when CountArach failed to rise to receive communion. And so a kind townie went over to him, to check if he was feeling well.

It was at that point they noticed the dark stain on his black coat; it was then that they noticed the thin red line traced around his throat...

The sheriff stood on the platform as usual.

"Last night, one man was murdered."

The villagers were unerved by the fact that nobody had been saved, but continued listening.

"And, even worse" the sheriff spoke with discust "the heretic scum did it in a church, yes a church!"

This comment was met with almost outrage by most.

"So, let's get one of these stinking hertical scum, today! Good luck!"

It is now the day phase, PMs will now be sent and voting may commence. Good luck!

Still Alive:
sapi
Warmaster Horus
greaterkhaan
Ichigo

Killed:
Orb
pevergreen
Tran
CountArach

Under Trial and Torture
Ignoramus
Sarathos
Roadkill

Found Innocent at Trial
Caius Flaminius [towniee]

CountArach
06-16-2007, 07:31
Good luck guys.

sapi
06-16-2007, 07:35
:daisy:

We need to get one of the mafia today, or we lose :wall:

Presuming that the entire kill on Ichigo was written by the mafia, even though they were blocked, I'll do some quick analysis. Would like Omanes' confirmation on that point though.

Ichigo was not normal - the whole town knew that. But it was not there place to question such an exhaled personage; so they didn't. Instead, they listened to his judgement, and finally consented.

So it was well known around town that Ichigo often stayed up late at nights, happily plotting the downfall of his next victim. The men in the black robes who took him from his room that night didn't appreciate this.

And so Ichigo woke, after a doomed struggle, to find himself strapped face down to a cold, hard table.

A voice spoke up from his right. "It's scum like you who have allowed Christianity to survive this long."
Ichigo squirmed, hearing his faith so dismissed.
"But the real God will judge you," continued the voice.
"Once you've been purified," another interjected.

One of them slowly walked forward, tweezers in hand ready to strip Ichigo to shreds. Ichigo passed out, terrified that his demise was now coming, but just before he did this, he saw a glint of steel chainmail and a spear emerge in the corner of his eye, above the head of one of the attackers.

Ichigo woke up in his home layed on his own straw bed. An armoured man, whom has a nasty wound on the back of his hand, stood over him.

"That was a pretty close call my most honourable friend, good job I got to you in time" he said. "Are you alright?"

"I think so" Ichigo said, still quite nervous "but, who are you?"

But, before Ichigo could look up, the heroic saviour was gone, disappearing into the moonlight.

CountArach was to be found in the church, every morning, without fail. Some wondered what he had done in the past to make his devotions necessary; but none doubted his sincerity.

When the town came in for morning mass, he was already sitting in the pews, waiting for the ceremony to start.

No one was surprised that he did not move while the priest made his ritual denunciations of the heretics; he never did. No one was surprised when his head remained bowed during the gospel reading; it always did.

But they were surprised when CountArach failed to rise to receive communion. And so a kind townie went over to him, to check if he was feeling well.

It was at that point they noticed the dark stain on his black coat; it was then that they noticed the thin red line traced around his throat...
For the analysis itself, there were some pretty stupid grammatical errors (mixing up their/there/they're, then/than) but still pretty literate overall. I'm inclined to say english as a first language, but not something that's been practiced that often.

Seeing as this has been written a bit like Warmaster Horus does his gahzette articles, I'm going to have to use that inside information to vote: horus

seireikhaan
06-16-2007, 08:09
I think Sapi raises some good points. I don't see any reasons to vote for anyone else, and the things that Sapi's pointing are simply too valid of reasons to simply dismiss. Lastly, there is no reason to vote anyone else. Ichigo has survived two attempts on his life and is almost certainly innocent. Sapi has been nothing but helpful this entire game. And I'm innocent as well.

So vote: Warmaster Horus

Tally

Warmaster Horus 2(Sapi, Greaterkhaan)

Warmaster Horus
06-16-2007, 09:14
We need to get one of the mafia today, or we lose Smart guy :yes:

Presuming that the entire kill on Ichigo was written by the mafia, even though they were blocked, I'll do some quick analysis
Error: do not correlate the two write ups without Omanes' confirmation that they were written by mafiosi.

For the analysis itself, there were some pretty stupid grammatical errors (mixing up their/there/they're, then/than) but still pretty literate overall. I'm inclined to say english as a first language, but not something that's been practiced that often.

Hum, english is my mother language, which I have been practicing since I was six. And to which I have been subjected since I was born. I wouldn't have made those mistakes. You can check out my entry for the Heresy Contest for another bit of proof.

Seeing as this has been written a bit like Warmaster Horus does his gahzette articles
Eh, my articles were almost grammatically perfect, no?

I'm going to have to use that inside information The Gahzette can be read by everyone. They know I'm part of it, because in my sig there's Gahzette Reporter. How difficult would it be for an Australian, or an American to read the articles, and try to adjust their style?

I hadn't considered the idea of intentional writing mistakes, but you may have. Both of you are better at mafia than I am (greaterkhaan, congrats again on KFM), so you could have. I would have been the perfect scapegoat, no?

- however they may not be a native speaker, as there are all sorts of needless repetition in the text (eg. "taking his usual morning stroll...early in the morning")
I'm a native speaker, so if you consider what you said, I'm innocent. I loathe grammatical mistakes, being close to a perfectionnist.

Now, enough against sapi, on to greaterkhaan.

You have posted, as far as I'm aware, twice in game. Once was to put a supposed pressure vote on Roadkill. However, that vote was the third on on him. Ergo, bandwagon.
The second time was voting with sapi. You don't bring reasons of your own, other than the very understandable "I'm innocent". Innocence is easy to claim, but hard to prove in your case. Do you have anything to back it up?
You say Ichigo is innocent because he has been attacked by the mafia. This I do believe is true, and it's a good line of though. But you, however, don't have anything to prove your innocence. In fact, you have stuff going against you. That vote that looks a lot like a bandwagon, for one thing. And, your near complete inactivity doesn't really help you.

I think the town has lost, because I believe sapi and greaterkhaan are mafia.

And now, even though I think the town is lost, I vote:greaterkhaan. I believe I have shown enough suspicion against sapi, too.

Ichigo, please, do the right thing. And vote rightly.

sapi
06-16-2007, 09:25
Warmaster, do you have any evidence that either greaterkhann or myself are mafia, other than that desperate accusation?

I will explain my reasoning a bit more, if you'd like, for Ichigo's benefit...

I didn't so much point the finger at warmaster horusbecause of clear inconsistencies in his style, though they were there; I did so from a process of elimination.

It's actually quite easy:
1) Ichigo was attacked by mafia => he's innocent
2) greaterkhaan hasn't struck me as someone with a very good grasp of english, and the kills were written as such
3) I know I'm innocent

ergo, the only remaining player must be mafia - and that's horus. Do you really think that Omanes would have kept the game going if there were two mafia: two townies? It's impossible to get a town win in that situation; since the game is still going there must be only one mafia remaining...

Warmaster Horus
06-16-2007, 09:37
Do you really think that Omanes would have kept the game going if there were two mafia: two townies? It's impossible to get a town win in that situation; since the game is still going there must be only one mafia remaining...
Ahh, I didn't think of that.
Maybe you aren't mafia, but I'm convinced greaterkhaan is. He's been bandwagonning for his two posts. And the kills haven't been completely written in perfect english: you said so yourself. A few mistakes such as those you pointed out. And, a few of those mistakes can be found in his write-ups for Kung Fu Mafia.

Also, do you have proof of your innocence, something that will permit me to say "yes, of course, you are a townie"?

sapi
06-16-2007, 09:41
I would, but Omanes doesn't allow the quoting of role PMs

Can you think of anything that'd prove my innocence?

Warmaster Horus
06-16-2007, 09:44
So you are saying you're the vigilante?

sapi
06-16-2007, 10:16
No, I'm the doctor.

I was protecting Ichigo last night, more's the pity ~:(

CountArach
06-16-2007, 10:56
I think that people should not ignore the possibility that sapi may have written the kills poorly on purpose and that he is, in fact, the mafia. In addition, I am not going to trust his role claim.

I urge a Detective, if the town has one, to come forward.

sapi
06-16-2007, 11:12
Any specific evidence - any at all - for that sort of denunciation?

I'm equally interested to hear what the detective may have to say...

CountArach
06-16-2007, 11:26
Any specific evidence - any at all - for that sort of denunciation?
You really want to know? I do have it.

sapi
06-16-2007, 11:47
You really want to know? I do have it.
Of couse.

Anything you can give us (without breaching the rules and forcing Omanes to help the mafia) would be much appreciated :yes:

CountArach
06-16-2007, 12:11
I was the Doctor.

sapi
06-16-2007, 12:13
And I'm sure providing proof or corroboration of that would be far too difficult for you to even attempt.

CountArach
06-16-2007, 12:14
Indeed. But what would I gain from claiming when I am dead, if I am not indeed the Doctor?

And actually, someone else can provide the evidence, I hope. That is why I am hoping for a Detective that investigated one or the other of us.

Csargo
06-16-2007, 13:35
Vote:sapi

I was the Night Watchman (Detective).

Night 1:I investigated Ignoramus and got a guilty result.

Night 2:I investigated CA he was innocent, and I got the extra information that he saved me night one.

Night 3:I investigated sapi, but my investigation was unclear.

Last night: I investigated sapi again, and got a guilty result.

That should be all information you need to lynch the guilty party.

Tran
06-16-2007, 13:45
Well...there are only two pro-townie roles, aren't they? Let me quote Omanes...

There will be at least two heretics (mafia), allowed one kill per night, and least two pro-townie roles within this game
And I know absolutely there's also a vigilante, a pro-townie role who can perform night kill...

It means:
- Either CA or Ichigo was lying, or
- Omanes created three pro-townie roles

Now look who's guilty...:rolleyes:

sapi
06-16-2007, 13:47
and at least two pro-townie roles within this game
So they could be telling the truth.

No idea why I'd be showing up guilty, though, unless Ichigo is lieing...

Orb
06-16-2007, 13:47
I'm going to suggest you trust Ichigo. Sapi is guilty.

Edit: Oh, and what's the inquisitorial verdict on the day two lynchee

Csargo
06-16-2007, 13:50
Well...there are only two pro-townie roles, aren't they? Let me quote Omanes...

And I know absolutely there's also a vigilante, a pro-townie role who can perform night kill...

It means:
- Either CA or Ichigo was lying, or
- Omanes created three pro-townie roles

Now look who's guilty...:rolleyes:

I don't know if I'de consider a person who kills innocent townies pro-town, plus it says least two pro-town roles

sapi
06-16-2007, 13:54
I don't know if I'de consider a person who kills innocent townies pro-town, plus it says least two pro-town roles
I suspect that the vigilante was Sarathos, lynched mid-game and so not relevant to the mafia plot currently building against me ~:)

Csargo
06-16-2007, 13:57
I suspect that the vigilante was Sarathos, lynched mid-game and so not relevant to the mafia plot currently building against me ~:)

You would be wrong ~;)

Tran
06-16-2007, 13:59
Fine, I was the vigilante, I attacked Ichigo at night 1, and murdered pevergreen later (sorry pever), but then again, I didn't know who's guilty or not. I previously only told Ichigo about my "religious fanatic" role. Hope that clear many things...:bow:

sapi
06-16-2007, 14:03
Ouch - the mafia got lucky, then...

Csargo
06-16-2007, 14:04
Fine, I was the vigilante, I attacked Ichigo at night 1, and murdered pevergreen later (sorry pever), but then again, I didn't know who's guilty or not. I previously only told Ichigo about my "religious fanatic" role. Hope that clear many things...:bow:

I hope you're not implying anything with that statement.

Tran
06-16-2007, 14:10
No, I already told you before, "in secrecy"...:bow:

Ignoramus
06-16-2007, 14:19
Sapi is guilty! Warmaster speaks the truth!

sapi
06-16-2007, 14:21
Edit: Oh, and what's the inquisitorial verdict on the day two lyncheeAny news on that, Omanes?

Tran
06-16-2007, 14:28
...Night 1:I investigated Ignoramus and got a guilty result.
Night 3:I investigated sapi, but my investigation was unclear.
Last night: I investigated sapi again, and got a guilty result...

Sapi is guilty! Warmaster speaks the truth!
LOL...assuming Ichigo told the truth, then there must have been a betrayal! :laugh4:

Csargo
06-16-2007, 14:43
LOL...assuming Ichigo told the truth, then there must have been a betrayal! :laugh4:

He's trying to trick people.

Tran
06-16-2007, 14:48
I know, but the trick failed miserably, so I see it as a betrayal.

Warmaster Horus
06-16-2007, 14:50
I think the inquisitorial verdict comes out at the lynching.

Unvote:greaterkhaan
Vote:sapi.
Now, if Ichigo truly speaks the truth, as I dearly hope he does, then greaterkhaan is NOT guilty, and he will vote sapi.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-16-2007, 16:19
I think the inquisitorial verdict comes out at the lynching.Yep, it most certainly does.

Orb
06-16-2007, 17:44
Yep, it most certainly does.

Worth a try ;):laugh4:

Csargo
06-16-2007, 20:37
Warmaster Horus:2(sapi, khaan)
sapi:2(Ichigoisawesome, Horus)

We need a tie breaker. khaan:inquisitive: or sapi can vote himself I'm not picky.:P

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-16-2007, 21:24
Day V Conclusion
The sheriff stepped upon his platform. He had got used to this now, and began to count the votes as normal. That was until he relaised it was a tie.

"Villagers, we have a tie. Both of these gentlemen look pretty heretical to me, but we're only allowed to take one. Hmm, I know! Coin flip!"

He began fumbling around in his pockets and produced a silver coin and tossed it into the air. It landed heads.

"Gentlemen, Warmaster Horus, will be handed over to the inquisitors"

Before Warmaster could speak, the inquistors picked him up, and dragged him away. Gagging him at the mouth brutally.

"Thankyou very much sheriff!" one said, "this man looks like the type of heretic we enjoy having our fun with."

The inquistors walked away, with Warmaster Horus under their red robed arms. Once they had exited through the gates, the sheriff spoke again.

"Gentlemen, before the inquistors left, they informed me that Ignoramus, was a guilty man. He survived the torture, and is undergoing execution as we speak. Congratulations for killing such an evil man."

The three remaining villagers cheered at their success.

"However, we know that at least one man must still be alive, be alert this night - don't let them get hold of you as they have done to their previous victims"

"No need to be alert this night fellows" shouted sapi from the back of the crowd, "It's all over for you anyway."

The whole of the remaining village shouted in alarm as he hooded his face in the white robes which he was wearing, revealing himself in his true form - a heretical worshipper!

"Ok, now, which one of you stinking Christians shall I massacre first"

The surviving two villagers all huddled together and edged backwards as sapi took a powerful hunting crossbow from his large pocket and aimed it at the sheriff whom was as shocked and bewildered as the rest of the town.

"Goodbye sheriff"

sapi aimed a shot at the sheriff, it punctured his heart brutally, sending him to the floor, dripping in his own blood.

Ichigo and greaterkhaan now fled, running through the narrow streets with sapi close behind. They hid themselves in a small hut, avoiding sapi's gaze and their certain death.

"Whatever shall we do" Ichigo shivered, hiding behind a bucket of milk.

"I know" said greaterkhaan, who lifted a heavy sword out of his pocket and stabbed Ichigo in the neck. "We'll end it all now."

sapi and greaterkhaan walked away from the remains of the now dead village, grinning at their escape from this pit, the mutilated corpses of their enemies, and the burning at the hands of the inquisition.

Heretical (Mafia) Victory!

Roles
Mafia: greaterkhaan, sapi and Ignoramus
Nightwatchman (Detective): Ichigo
Nightguardsman (Doctor): CountArach
Religous Fanatic (Vigilante): Tran
Townies: Orb, pevergreen, Sarathos, Caius Flaminius, Warmaster Horus and RoadKill

Further write up will follow. Congratulations to the mafia!

Warmaster Horus
06-16-2007, 21:49
Roles
Mafia: greaterkhaan, sapi and Ignoramus

What did I tell you? greaterkhaan was more or less obvious, and sapi's mafianess could be deduced from greaterkhaan's voting.

Still, nice game, of course. Well done mafia!

By the way, Omanes, I'm a townie.

Csargo
06-16-2007, 21:57
Damn well good game as always.

seireikhaan
06-16-2007, 22:14
Woo, 3-0 as mafia. I'm on fire! Ok, granted, this was hardly my best effort, though. Although I did figure out CA was the doctor, hence the reason he was killed.

seireikhaan
06-16-2007, 23:14
Also, I wish to say 'good job' to Ichigo and CA. Ichigo for sniffing us out in an incredibly efficient manner, and CA for predicting and stopping 2 kills. you both did an awesome job for this game. And thanks, Tran, for knocking off Pever for us.:beam:

pevergreen
06-17-2007, 00:11
That should be a lesson to you all, if I die, we lose. :laugh4:

Caius
06-17-2007, 00:15
It finished.

Congrats mafia!

Tran
06-17-2007, 00:19
...And thanks, Tran, for knocking off Pever for us.:beam:
Your welcome :evilgrin:

CountArach
06-17-2007, 01:02
Ahhhh! I didn't think there would be 3 mafia!

sapi
06-17-2007, 03:36
Good game to everyone here :yes:

Sorry to Warmaster Horus and greaterkhaan for my 'necessary' insults in the course of my vendetta :grin2:

NW to Count Arach on the protections, you did well.

Warmaster Horus, please try to make your predictions a little less accurate in the future ~;)

CountArach
06-17-2007, 04:06
lol, those protections were easy. I just protected Ichigo night one, and then he told me after night 2 that he was the Detective, so I just protected him from then on.

Csargo
06-17-2007, 04:41
I was three for three in investigations. I got screwed in the end cause there were three mafia.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-17-2007, 10:21
Sorry for forgetting you Warmaster Horus.

Final Write Up
Role Assigning
Role deciding, in this game, was the hardest thing to do. Everybody who signed up was certainly suitable for a role, but I wanted to give these privileged positions to those whom I felt were experienced in the role granted to them, possibly inexperienced or because I thought that a role would change their in game habits, making them look guilty when actually they were innocent. Henceforth:

I assigned the mafiosos as sapi, due to his experience in this field, greaterkhaan, due to having less experience in the area, and Ignoramus as being a more balanced mafioso with neither lack of experience nor too much experience either.

I assigned the detective role (Night Watchman) to Ichigo. I knew that he had done this before and was perfectly competent at doing this again without looking shifty. I also thought that he may change his usual nature in this role causing others to be weary of him.

I assigned the doctor role (Night Guardsman) to CountArach. I felt that many people fitted the required criteria of this role, henceforth in the end, I drew lots. CountArach won. At the end of the game, I know that I made the right choice - he was excellent in his abilities and protected the detective every night he was living.

I granted the vigilante role (Religious Fanatic) upon Tran. I have never understood why, but I have always seen Tran as a vigilante, he seems to just have the playing style for it.

Day I
I could almost guarantee what was going to occur on this day, a townie would be lynched - there was almost no question about it. Who the townie was, would be the key question.

After Random voting, followed by bandwagoning, Caius was the target. Oddly enough, the mafia really had nothing to do with the death of the target.

Night I
Tran attacked Ichigo (failed), the mafia attacked Orb (sucessfully), Ichigo investigated Ignoramus (gained a Guilty result) and CountArach protected Ichigio (successfully).

Day II
This day, was possibly the best day for the town out of the whole entire game. Ignoramus (mafia) was taken out my a huge majority, originally due to his activity, although later voters simply bandwagoned. However, before he died, he attempted to cover any relationships he had with sapi by voting for him. sapi did exactly the same by voting for Ignoramus.

Night II
Possibly the worst Night Phase, following a good day phase, for the town within the whole entire game. Tran attacked pevergreen (successfully), the mafia attacked Tran (successfully), Ichigo investigated CountArach (gained an Innocent result as well as the information that he saved Ichigo Night I) and CountArach protected Ichigo again (inconclusively - there was no attack).

Day III
This day, sapi demonstrated his experience and cunning by scanning the write up (which he wrote himself). In the end Sarathos was, sadly, lynched by a small margin on a vote by RoadKill - mostly for being a new player.

Night III
A better Night for the town. The mafia attacked Ichigo (failed), Ichigo investigated sapi (and received an unclear result), while CountArach protected Ichigo (successfully).

Day IV
Again, this day was pretty bad for the town. RoadKill (yet another innocent) was lynched for bandwaggoning the previous turn. CountArach and Warmaster Horus saw greaterkhaan's guilt, but nobody else did. Also this day, Caius was found innocent at trial - nobody was surprised.

Night IV
This night left the mafia on par with the town. The mafia killed CountArach (success), Ichigo investigated sapi yet again (and received a guilty result), while CountArach, before he was killed, protected Ichigo (inconclusive - there was no attack).

Day V
Mafia victory day! The mafia evilly ganged up on Warmaster Horus while the town correctly ganged upon on sapi after his false claim as a doctor turned out to be exactly that - false. Ichigo's investigation results also continued to entertain the fact that sapi was guilty, so he too, voted for the true heretic. I ended the round early, knowing that this deadlock would never end and tossed a coin (or a notebook to tell the truth) to find out who the victor was. Warmaster was lynched and the mafia overpowered the one remaining innocent - Ichigo. This resulted in a mafia victory.

Final Conclusion - How Well the Game Played
As always, due to the idiotic nature of myself, I feel that I did not organize my game perfectly. It went slightly too fast for my preferences, I should have reduced the number of mafia to two and allowed Tran to kill on even numbered nights only, and the deadlock at the end was not quite what I intended, again resolvable by the reduction in mafia numbers. I also feel the urge to criticize my own write ups, sapi's were brilliant compared to my hopeless attempts, which I do not think were upto a satisfactory quality. However, I will attempt to improve upon this in future games and I'm sorry for any lack of enjoyment caused.

Thanks for playing, cheers!

CountArach
06-17-2007, 10:34
sapi demonstrated his experience and cunning by scanning the write up (which he wrote himself).
I knew it!

Just as an aside, I do agree that there should have been 2 mafia and an every second night Vigilante kill.

Still one of the most fun mini-mafias I have played! :2thumbsup:

sapi
06-17-2007, 11:15
One of the best mini's I've played Omanes - nw on the hosting :bow:

I just wish I'd decided to scan my writeups before I started writing them - the way it was, I knew if I was too honest it'd point directly at me :grin2:

Tran
06-17-2007, 12:42
That's because you won, you heretic! ~;p

sapi
06-17-2007, 14:03
No, I liked the idea, too :grin2:

seireikhaan
06-17-2007, 15:00
This day, sapi demonstrated his experience and cunning by scanning the write up (which he wrote himself).

Well, I'd just like to politely point out that I pulled that stunt before Sapi when I was mafia in Kung Fu Mafia. However, Sapi did come up with the idea himself. I hadn't told him I did it, mainly due to the fact that Kung Fu Mafia wasn't over yet and I didn't quite feel like proclaiming my mafia-ness in that game until it was over. So yeah, Sapi does deserve some credit for the idea, I just though of it first. Man, I'm being petty today.:sweatdrop: :laugh4:

Csargo
06-17-2007, 17:26

I just wish I'd decided to scan my writeups before I started writing them - the way it was, I knew if I was too honest it'd point directly at me :grin2:

Why I investigated you. ~;)