PDA

View Full Version : Phalangitai deuteroi vs. pantodapoi phalangitai

Sakkura
06-09-2007, 02:57
Western Hellenics have phalangitai deuteroi, eastern have pantodapoi phalangitai/machimoi phalangitai. They are almost identical, but I saw something that seemed a little weird.
In the description of pantodapoi phalangitai, it says how they are "prone to rebellion and discontent, and hence are more expensive than their Makedonian contemporaries". Despite this, pantodapoi phalangitai (and machimoi phalangitai) cost 321 mnai per turn while the phalangitai deuteroi cost 350 mnai per turn.

The stats of the units are almost identical. Pantodapoi phalangitai has one less officer than the 2 other types, while phalangitai deuteroi has a different secondary weapon than the other two types - a sword with higher attack but lower lethality and not armor piercing.

So, uhm, the price difference seems quite weird, especially when it is the reverse of what the description says. :inquisitive:

antiochus epiphanes
06-09-2007, 04:18
erm thats wierd, im not sure what thats about...

abou
06-09-2007, 04:50
Something to definitely take note of. I'll link this over to the stat guys.

Laman
06-09-2007, 07:25
Isn't also the recruit cost for Deuteroi slightly above 1400 while Pantodapoi cost 1285?

bovi
06-09-2007, 07:42
Recruiting cost and upkeep cost is linked in EB, Recruitment = 4 * Upkeep.

Pharnakes
06-09-2007, 10:42
Also says in the decription of in one or the other about how the Deuteroi has better morale and from the description, I would say gives the impresion that they should have better combat skills as well, however, the morale is identical and if anything the P.D. has bettre fighting skills due to the axe, I would say.

tk-421
06-09-2007, 14:42
The xiphos and linothorax armor are more expensive under our system than quilted linen and a small axe. The description does say that the Pantodapoi Phalangites would be more expensive, though, so maybe I'll have to bend the rules a bit in this case.

Pharnakes
06-09-2007, 14:49
I would say that it would be fair enough for the Deutoroi to be more expensive to recruit, but they shouldn't be so expensive to upkeep.

Sakkura
06-09-2007, 15:03
Well history should come first in any case. If the deuteroi were likely to be more expensive then I don't mind it, just the descriptions that need an update then.

Anyways, good work on the Hellenic units as a whole. :yes:
Dare I say I only noticed this little thing when I switched directly from my beloved Makedon campaign to my new Baktria campaign. :sweatdrop:

mAIOR
06-10-2007, 13:47
The xiphos and linothorax armor are more expensive under our system than quilted linen and a small axe. The description does say that the Pantodapoi Phalangites would be more expensive, though, so maybe I'll have to bend the rules a bit in this case.

Well, you already did it in Pezhetaroi/Kleurichoi(sp?) Phalangitai... I think the same principle applies here no?

Cheers...

ElectricEel
06-11-2007, 14:36
Recruiting cost and upkeep cost is linked in EB, Recruitment = 4 * Upkeep. The germanic club warriors having a higher recruitment cost than the germanic spearmen despite having a lower upkeep cost is a bug, then? Or was this fixed in 0.81av2?

bovi
06-11-2007, 14:59
Sounds like a bug to me. I don't think we've changed any unit stats except the british general in 0.81aV2.

tk-421
06-11-2007, 21:27
Sounds like a bug to me. I don't think we've changed any unit stats except the british general in 0.81aV2.

There have fixes made to almost every unit. Most have been to attributes and costs, but some to stats as well.

Well, you already did it in Pezhetaroi/Kleurichoi(sp?) Phalangitai... I think the same principle applies here no?

What do you mean?

mAIOR
06-11-2007, 21:46
I mean, Kleurichoi, for historic reasons, cost more and have higher upkeep. however, they have worse equipement. Same should be done about Patodapoi/Deuteroi.

Cheers...

tk-421
06-14-2007, 20:58
The kleruchoi have lower costs and lower upkeep than pezhetairoi, or at least they have in our various internal versions for several months now.

mAIOR
06-14-2007, 22:47
Well, actually,
https://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eg3nj3.jpg
https://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eg4ut4.jpg

It must be your version...
But I found the reason why higher upkeep quite valid as the Kleurechoi were taken from the laboring class and because of that they reduced the income as there were less people working.

Cheers...