PDA

View Full Version : A few Questions

Lucky_Shotz
06-11-2007, 18:24
So sorry for spamming!
Can BI units be ported to Rome TW successfully? I have tried to port Clbinarii to the Parthians and changed all appropriate files but I get an error:
--Could not find battle models for clibinarii...etc-- I only deleted the BI part of the file, is this possible or not to accomplish?

It it possible to eliminate or disown the majority of rebel units with causing the game to crash? Also, can I regulate the size of settlement revolts so they dont spawn full stacks in the cities? I dont think it has anything to do with descr_rebel_faction because those revolts look scripted and arent dependant on settlement happiness.

How can I port Shield Wall and Schiltrom to Rome? I thought i saw a method to do this a while ago but cannot find it now that I want to use it? -_-

If I missed some previous coverage of any of these topics please direct to the correct thread.
thanks for your help and patience

Monkwarrior
06-12-2007, 15:46
So sorry for spamming!
Can BI units be ported to Rome TW successfully? I have tried to port Clbinarii to the Parthians and changed all appropriate files but I get an error:
--Could not find battle models for clibinarii...etc-- I only deleted the BI part of the file, is this possible or not to accomplish?
I don't see any reason because is not possible.
Could you please describe in detail which files did you change and how?

It it possible to eliminate or disown the majority of rebel units with causing the game to crash? Also, can I regulate the size of settlement revolts so they dont spawn full stacks in the cities? I dont think it has anything to do with descr_rebel_faction because those revolts look scripted and arent dependant on settlement happiness.
Not fully understood. Do you want to eliminate rebel units? From the spawning rebel armies? In such case, delete units in descr_rebel_factions.txt.
Is there any other reason? In such case perhaps you must change also some other files.

How can I port Shield Wall and Schiltrom to Rome? I thought i saw a method to do this a while ago but cannot find it now that I want to use it? -_-
Only if using BI.exe to play RTW (AFAIK).

If I missed some previous coverage of any of these topics please direct to the correct thread.
thanks for your help and patience
A pleasure. :2thumbsup:

Lucky_Shotz
06-18-2007, 17:27
Ok
I copied the files refenced in dmb and put them in the correct place and matched the pathing so it refeneced the correct files. I added all appropriate refences in edu and enums. I did NOT add unit cards or info as I am under the impression they are not required to use the unit. I you can tell me how to add those I'd be very happy btw.. :laugh4: I will give it another try, but I thought perhaps the error was due to .lod instead of the normal RTW files.

Basically I want the rebel faction to only use peasants and any other units i choose to give to them, but how can I accomplish this without the game crashing on me? For example: I tried to get my modded Scipii(Illyrians) faction to disown all roman units, and i get a CTD. I assume that will happen if I do this to the rebel faction as well. How can I accomplish this?