PDA

View Full Version : does the existance of enemy fleet in my sea will reduce my naval trade?

guineawolf
06-21-2007, 14:58
here am i again,try to squeeze some more oil from stone(since the oil crisis of the world),i am thinking,does the existance of enemy fleet in my sea will reduce my naval trade?:sweatdrop:

Stuperman
06-21-2007, 15:14
if they are on/near a trade lane than I think yes, but I really don't know.

bedlam28
06-21-2007, 15:36
As far as I was aware, they only affected trade if they were blockading.
However, you do have teenie tiny boats travelling the lanes indicating trade, the same as the carts on the roads,
so next time you have a pirate sitting on your trade route, check the little boats as an indicator of any effects.

I'll be interested if thats a factor, as I tend to avoid the pirates until i'm at the stage of the game of having overwhelming Navel power. I hate the auto-resolve and so totally go overboard on the me v them ships.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-22-2007, 18:08
Hi gunieawolf,
I'm not completly sure, but, as beadlam has said, I think that I am correct in saying that only the blockading of ports effects trade, although rebels sitting on roads does effect trade along those road.

Shieldmaiden
06-22-2007, 19:14
As far as I was aware, they only affected trade if they were blockading.

I believe thats correct too - I've certainly never noticed a difference when playing as naval trade-centric factions (Scipii, Carthage, etc).

Severous
06-22-2007, 19:54
Enemy and pirates, even if sitting on the sea trade lane, will NOT reduce your trade income.

Rebels on land reduce trade irrespective of being on the road or not.

A port can be blockaded from the land side by a land unit. Whether by land or sea such a blockade prevents all sea trade.

bedlam28
06-25-2007, 14:32
Yet another thing i didn't know !!
i've been playing RTW for about 1year and half now, and didnt know my land armies could blockade ports !!

thanks for the tip Severous :2thumbsup:

Severous
06-25-2007, 20:08
Land blockade of ports can be used to satisfy senate missions.