PDA

View Full Version : The incredible evil plot of the evil beersalesmen [Concluded]

Pages : [1] 2 3

Stig
06-25-2007, 12:09
The incredible evil plot of the evil beersalesmen

All is quiet in the little town of Gah-village. Every night people go to the pub to drink a beer, good beer, not that cheap cat's piss. However last day two townies saw a Heineken truck driving into the village with three well-dressed men in it. Clearly these were salesmen, but Heineken salesmen?
All townies already agreed to the fact that Heineken was a bad beer, and now these men came here, to make them drink Heineken. That very same day the salesmen already converted two villagers to Heineken, and before they knew themselves these villagers were kicked out of town.

That night the villagers gathered in pub the Red Lion and discussed what needed to be done about the salesmen and they were unanimous, these salesmen too had to be kicked out of town, before they could do more damage.
But the salesmen striked first, they knew something like this was coming and as expected they took their own measures. They dressed up like normal villagers and could now walk through the village anonymous.

This called for more action from the villagers and the barman spoke:
"Gentlemen, and lady, from now on we shall, every day, expell a villager from this town untill we get the three salesmen. Everyday we will have a public voting here in the Red Lion and he who has most votes shall be kicked out of town, into the world of cheap Heineken and Bavaria."

Rules:
-Everyone will recieve a PM, this is just to make you aware that a game just started. Loads of people say they will be in and never show up again.
-All roles will have different names from normal, no-one is called detective, mafia or doctor.
-No screenshots and stuff. Quote everything you want tho, except for the role pm, you are only allowed to claim a role.
-Roles won't be revealed upon death by me, and I take it the players will be so nice to not reveal either. Otherwise I'll personally pay you a visit. :whip:
-Rounds will take 24 hours, that's 24 hours day and then 24 hours of night.
-Bold your votes.
-Once your inactive (that's not voting once) I'll PM you to kick you into the thread again. If you don't show up I'll ask for a replacement.

Roles:
-Ofcourse we will have the 3 mafia, the Heineken salesmen.
-Next to that there will be a doctor role, but the name of the role will remain unknown.
-And a detective role, but this name will also remain unknown.
-Next to that there will be some "weak" villagers, they won't leave town out of embarrassment, no they will join the salesmen.
-And we'll have a couple of totally unknown pro-town roles (not that much, don't be frightened) and these will remain completely unknown for everyone who doesn't have such a role.

In (22):
Beefy
Andres
Xdeathfire
Lorenzo
Caius (aka mr. difficult name)
Prole
Sasaki
DG
Tran
Faust
Shlin
Omanes
GH
Ichigo
Pevergreen
Khaan
CA
Twilightblade
Seamus
Sigurd
Roadkill
WM

Beefy187
06-25-2007, 12:32
in!!
but what happened to MoM?

Andres
06-25-2007, 12:37
In.

TevashSzat
06-25-2007, 13:12
I'm in

Lorenzo_H
06-25-2007, 13:22
Count me in.

Caius
06-25-2007, 15:02
Yeh, In!

Proletariat
06-25-2007, 15:05
In!

Sasaki Kojiro
06-25-2007, 15:52
/in

Dutch_guy
06-25-2007, 16:23
I'll join.

:balloon2:

Tran
06-25-2007, 17:17
The last big mafia went down hill...sign me up!

Faust|
06-25-2007, 17:40
In!

shlin28
06-25-2007, 18:16
in...

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-25-2007, 18:41
In as always!

GeneralHankerchief
06-25-2007, 19:43
I'm in.

Csargo
06-25-2007, 20:00
Catchy title ~;)

:soapbox:

Stig
06-25-2007, 20:12
Sasaki can expect a pm telling him to change it to the proper one when I'm done with the scenario

pevergreen
06-26-2007, 01:56
and you can expect a post saying that im in.

:bow:

seireikhaan
06-26-2007, 02:00
In.

CountArach
06-26-2007, 08:55
In!

Stig
06-26-2007, 10:38
Right I updated the first post, the scenario now is in.
If you would be so nice Sasaki could you change the title to:
The incredible evil plot of the evil beersalesmen

Twilightblade
06-26-2007, 10:54
I'm In

Proletariat
06-26-2007, 19:45
Any date for this to begin? Gonna be out of town from Thursday night until Tuesday morning.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-26-2007, 20:21
Catchy title Stig - got an interesting ring to it.

Stig
06-26-2007, 22:22
Any date for this to begin? Gonna be out of town from Thursday night until Tuesday morning.
I'm looking for about 25 people, got 18 now.
If I don't get 25 by the end of the weekend I'll start it then.

Proletariat
06-26-2007, 22:37
Ah, alright. I'll be away from the computer until about Tuesday, but I can still follow along on my phone's browser from time to time. To much of a pain to bother actually posting using it, tho

Stig
06-26-2007, 22:42
Heh doesn't matter, mostlikely monday will be a night, so once voting gets done yer back.

Stig
06-27-2007, 19:05
Right I send out some PMs asking for some die-hard Mafia players to join so I get some more.

I'll set the start date on Monday 18:00 GMT anyway, no matter how many join.
The roles will be given away fully randomly, but the descriptions will be made after I've appointed them, so you might recognize some of yourself in it ... one more than the other.

RoadKill
06-28-2007, 02:32
I'm in

Warmaster Horus
06-29-2007, 17:18
In.
Is no one else ready to sign?

Stig
06-29-2007, 18:11
22 now, that's a nice number.
I'm going to close sign up tomorrow at 0:00 GMT+1 (that's 31 hours from now, if I'm correct)
That leaves me with sunday and monday afternoon (hey it's holiday I'll be sleeping in the morning) to assign and write the roles.

Andres
06-30-2007, 00:14
I will not sell Heineken :brood:

Caius
06-30-2007, 03:36
I will not sell Heineken :brood:
LOL Andres, you never know...

RoadKill
06-30-2007, 03:36
I dont understand wats so bad about Heiken? It tastes fine to me

Omanes Alexandrapolites
06-30-2007, 08:24
I despise Heineken, cheap and un-natural - but then again, I just loath most beers - wine is the only true, and fine tasting, alcoholic drink! The sweeter the better!

Stig
06-30-2007, 09:08
I dont understand wats so bad about Heiken? It tastes fine to me
That's the problem with you foreigners, you all like Heineken, while there are many better Dutch and Belgian beers which you can't get.

Caius
07-01-2007, 03:17
I dont drink, I have tried beer two times and i didnt like it, nor wine.

Dutch_guy
07-01-2007, 03:47
I dont drink, I have tried beer two times and i didnt like it, nor wine.

Oh don't worry, just keep trying :wink:

You'll get there, eventually. :laugh4:

Caius
07-01-2007, 03:49
Nah, i will keep it as is.

shlin28
07-02-2007, 15:29
Just so everyone know, i wont be here on tuesday or wednesday...

Stig
07-02-2007, 16:37
Gah, role writing takes longer than I thought, game starts at 19:00 my time as I said 1.5 hours from now, but you might have to wait a little longer to get your role.

Stig
07-02-2007, 18:43
Right all role PMs for the "roles" have left, all I have to do now is send out the townie PMs.

From this moment on the game has started with a NIGHT FASE, if you haven't recieved your role as of yet you are a townie. I will send out the townie PMs later on (the question is, if I send a PM to more than one person, can everyone see the other recievers, or can you only see your own name when recieving a PM like this).

THE GAME HAS STARTED:

It is night in Gah-village, so I will recieve some PMs I guess.

This night fase is over in exactly 23 hours and 17 minutes. I may not have updated the game at that exact time, but that is the time limit for the PMs certain people will have to send me.

Still alive:
Beefy
Andres
Xdeathfire
Lorenzo
Prole
Sasaki
DG
Tran
Faust
Shlin
Omanes
GH
Ichigo
Pevergreen
Khaan
CA
Twilightblade
Seamus
Sigurd
Roadkill
WM

Stig
07-03-2007, 18:49
Night one has ended

"How are you doing Mr. Sigurd?", a well dressed man approached Sigurd while he was walking home from the pub.
"VERY good, my friends, very very good."
"And Mr. Sigurd, we have a way to make sure things go even better."
"Really? Better? Better than this? Show me."
"Well sir, this is what we call Heineken," and they show Sigurd a little green bottle, "and it will change your life."
"It will, well give me some then, things are going well for me, and with this even better, give me some of your Heineken, gentlemen."
That morning Sigurd wakes up, and he opens his fridge to see what he's going to have for breakfast.
"HEINEKEN, IN MY FRIDGE!? If my friends see that I've lost them, I will have to leave town, immediatly, now."
The last thing the villagers saw of Sigurd was him running half-naked through town in the general direction of the outside world.

Andres was watching television, his favourite show, Bob the Builder, when the doorbell rang.
"At this time of the night, who the hell drops by at this time of the night?"
He opened the door and a well dressed man began to speak:
"Good morning good sir, surely I can tell you something about the wonderfull thing called Heineken?"
"My fridge is well filled, sorry," answered Andres.
"But sir, look at this bright green bottle. Surely you want it."
"No sorry, I have more than enough beer to last the next 23 years 3 months and 17 days."
Andres closed the door.
"Strange man." He thought, and went back to his tv.

Still alive:
Beefy
Andres
Xdeathfire
Lorenzo
Prole
Sasaki
DG
Tran
Faust
Shlin
Omanes
GH
Ichigo
Pevergreen
Khaan
CA
Twilightblade
Seamus
Roadkill
WM

Killed:
Sigurd

Csargo
07-03-2007, 18:58
Vote:Sasaki

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-03-2007, 19:02
How did I know that you were going to do that?

Anyhow, the only lead we can possibly have now relies on Stig answering this question. Did the mafia write the kills?

Dutch_guy
07-03-2007, 19:09
Vote:Sasaki

:laugh4:

You've been itching to do that for some time now, haven't you.:beam:

Csargo
07-03-2007, 19:13
:laugh4:

You've been itching to do that for some time now, haven't you.:beam:

:beam:

GeneralHankerchief
07-03-2007, 20:08
Vote: pevergreen

Gut feeling. All we really have to go on at the moment is Stig's answer to Omanes's question.

Andres
07-03-2007, 21:15
Muahahaa, stupid Heineken salesmen! I will never be interested in your crap.

Vote : Greaterkhaan

Warmaster Horus
07-03-2007, 21:22
I'm also inclined to Vote:Greaterkhaan IF the mafia wrote these kills.

Sasaki Kojiro
07-03-2007, 21:24
WH, what about the kills looks like g-khaan wrote them?

Stig
07-03-2007, 21:26
I wrote the "kills", nobody else ... if I'm not mistaken

*looks over shoulder*

Warmaster Horus
07-03-2007, 21:27
The repetitions. And Bob the Builder may be in reference to the name of the Quicktopic thread the Mafia used in KFM. Greaterkhaan was mafia in KFM.

And now, with Stig's information I Unvote:Greaterkhaan.

Andres
07-03-2007, 21:44
Greaterkhaan was also the one who wanted me to be killed round 1 in KFM.

On the other hand, it might be a louzy attempt to frame him.

But since we have nothing better to go on, I'll stick to my vote.

seireikhaan
07-03-2007, 22:03
Yes, this is a pretty clear attempt to frame me. Andres, if I was mafia, why would I use the same strategy twice in a row when I already publicly announced it after its first use? That would be totally idiotic. At least one of the mafia is from that game, since they knew of my statement. Unfortunately, that doesn't really narrow the list down all that much. However, my top suspect right now is DG. We(the mafia) killed him the first round and he seemed a little unhappy about that. In addition, he swore that we(those mafia) would pay for it. And because I revealed why I killed Andres in the second round of that game, I accidentally made myself an easy lynch target. And what easier way to incriminate me than to use the same strategy that I used to obtain mafia victory?

So vote: Dutch Guy

Sasaki Kojiro
07-03-2007, 22:06
...so you say that the kill choice is a pretty clear attempt to frame you, and then attempt to frame Dutch guy?

GeneralHankerchief
07-03-2007, 22:06
Yes, this is a pretty clear attempt to frame me. Andres, if I was mafia, why would I use the same strategy twice in a row when I already publicly announced it after its first use? That would be totally idiotic. At least one of the mafia is from that game, since they knew of my statement. Unfortunately, that doesn't really narrow the list down all that much. However, my top suspect right now is DG. We(the mafia) killed him the first round and he seemed a little unhappy about that. In addition, he swore that we(those mafia) would pay for it. And because I revealed why I killed Andres in the second round of that game, I accidentally made myself an easy lynch target. And what easier way to incriminate me than to use the same strategy that I used to obtain mafia victory?

WIFOM. Try again. :yes:

Caius
07-03-2007, 22:07
Muahahaa, stupid Heineken salesmen! I will never be interested in your crap.

Vote : Greaterkhaan
Can you explain why you vote Gkhaan?

Sasaki Kojiro
07-03-2007, 22:10
Can you explain why you vote Gkhaan?

He already did.

Caius
07-03-2007, 22:12
Sorry, I didnt see the other post.

Andres
07-03-2007, 22:13
He already did.

Ssshh, don't tell him...

Csargo
07-03-2007, 22:14

:huh: I don't quite understand this. :shrug:

Ssshh, don't tell him...

Gives Andres a virtual cookie

Nice try.

seireikhaan
07-03-2007, 22:20
...so you say that the kill choice is a pretty clear attempt to frame you, and then attempt to frame Dutch guy?

No, I'm saying the kill choice is an obvious attempt to frame me and I voted for the person I think would be most likely to frame me.

Sasaki Kojiro
07-03-2007, 22:22
But one could say that you chose to kill to frame dutch guy.

Mafia usually try to not be obvious.

Sigurd
07-03-2007, 22:31
Hello...

I am going to be mister thorn in your side.
Good job... :whip:

Csargo
07-03-2007, 22:35
No, I'm saying the kill choice is an obvious attempt to frame me and I voted for the person I think would be most likely to frame me.

:/...

Dutch_guy
07-03-2007, 23:51

You're not high profile enough to frame, quite frankly. Besides, doing so in an early round with a vague reference to some already finished game is a waste of a good idea.

Also, I'd never kill Andres and Sigurd off in the first round - and I would not have let my partner, were I a mafioso. But, that's beside the point.

RoadKill
07-04-2007, 00:17
:/...

Vote:Ichigo
For a very unproductive answer

Dutch_guy
07-04-2007, 00:33

What would your answer have been then ?

Csargo
07-04-2007, 00:56

What? That wasn't even an answer it was an emotion or a smilie. :wall:

pevergreen
07-04-2007, 01:45
looks like im screwed for this game, with GH having a gut feeling against me.

Not much has happened so far, but i can assure you that if i was mafia, Twilight would have died.

Beefy187
07-04-2007, 02:27
vote: Andreas

No offence or anything mate. i think theres not enough evidence and no one to vote for:sweatdrop:

Tran
07-04-2007, 03:16
Vote: Caius or mr.difficult name

seireikhaan
07-04-2007, 04:20
Vote: Caius or mr.difficult name

Any reason why?

CountArach
07-04-2007, 04:58
Vote: greaterkhaan for not realising a random vote is random.

Faust|
07-04-2007, 05:22
Edit: I'm not sure about GK. I believe the "Bob the Builder" reference was just Stig's creation.

Csargo
07-04-2007, 06:02
Edit: I'm not sure about GK. I believe the "Bob the Builder" reference was just Stig's creation.

Why did you edit your post Faust? I'm pretty sure I saw a vote for GK there earlier.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-04-2007, 07:13
Random voting always kills a towniee. Bear that in mind when vote casting. Also please don't bandwaggon, when the time arrives, - it doesn't get us anywhere other than help in the lynching of the townie.

Vote: Abstain

Andres
07-04-2007, 08:50
vote: Andreas

No offence or anything mate. i think theres not enough evidence and no one to vote for:sweatdrop:

But, but, but... I got attacked last night :inquisitive: :bigcry: Evil Heineken salesmen attacked me and now Beefy votes me :bigcry:

~;)

Hmm... This +

Why did you edit your post Faust? I'm pretty sure I saw a vote for GK there earlier.

Seems odd. Faust, I'd like an answer to Ichigo's question and I'd also like to know why you voted GK before you edited your post.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-04-2007, 09:35
Andres, now thinking about it, have you got any reason as to why you were saved? Was it just coincidence or do you have a special role. PM me if you have, better for the salesmen to not know about it.

Andres
07-04-2007, 09:46
Andres, now thinking about it, have you got any reason as to why you were saved? Was it just coincidence or do you have a special role. PM me if you have, better for the salesmen to not know about it.

Nothing personal and no offence meant, but: why would I trust you?

But I do agree with you that a little work behind the scenes, especially to coordinate our actions for the nights to come, wouldn't hurt.

Sigurd
07-04-2007, 09:53
Obviously the mafia have been informed that I don’t have much time at hand and therefore thought it safe to kill me in the first round…

WRONG!!!!!

This is aggravation to the first degree… Hadn’t it been for my self imposed gag I would have had GH the Godfather lynched after pulling this stunt on me in GF1.
I can be a nuisance as a dead player and I will be so again.

Now to the task at hand…

Why do you vote Andres, Beefy ? Have you not read the night results?

Now that it is clear that Stig wrote the kill descriptions, why is your gut saying pevergreen, GH? This is a bit early to get vibes for a player that has not posted anything but his sign in to the game.

As Andres and others inquired... Faust, your vote and then the editing? an explanation would be great.

Why are you fishing Omanes? You are not confirmed innocent. The rules does not really clarify revealing of roles while you are alive except that you can't quote pms. If you want a coordinator... I am right here with the dedication to see this game through.

Tally:

Greaterkhaan 2 (Andres, CountA)

Andres 1 (Beefy)
Dutch_guy 1 (Gkhaan)
GvI 1 (Tran)
Ichigo 1 (Roadkill)
Pevergreen 1 (GH)
Sasaki 1 (Ichigo)

Abstains 1 (Omanes)
Not voting 11 (Dutch_guy, Faust, GvI, Lorenzo, pevergreen, Prole, Sasaki, Seamus, Shlin, TBlade, WMAster, Xdeath)

Dutch_guy
07-04-2007, 10:22
But, but, but... I got attacked last night :inquisitive: :bigcry: Evil Heineken salesmen attacked me and now Beefy votes me :bigcry:

And he spells your name wrong ~;)

EDIT:

The first rounds of voting are best used to get everyone to talk, especially the players one knows pretty much nothing about.

Vote: Shlin28

What are your thoughts so far, any lynch preferences ?

Andres
07-04-2007, 10:36
And he spells your name wrong ~;)

EDIT:

The first rounds of voting are best used to get everyone to talk, especially the players one knows pretty much nothing about.

Vote: Shlin28

What are your thoughts so far, any lynch preferences ?

You are very active. It seems out of character.

Change of style or too much time on your hands in the summer holidays?

Beefy187
07-04-2007, 11:15
sorry i missed that bit
i read it again

Unvote: Andres
hopefully i spelt that right im really really sorry for my careless voting and spelling your name wrong

Vote:abstain

ill change my vote soon as one person gets suspecious

pevergreen
07-04-2007, 13:53
i am quite offended sigurd, i shall now have to raise my activity level!

Still not much but Omanes...I thought you were better than that...you made a fish for a role early, bad move mafia boy :whip:
Vote: Omanes

cant do tally, on laptop

TevashSzat
07-04-2007, 14:18
Some really random votings going on here, cant see any one that suspicious so I will Vote: No Lynch

And pevergreen, you can do tally on laptop, not that hard.

Tally:

Dutch_guy 1 (Gkhaan)
GvI 1 (Tran)
Ichigo 1 (Roadkill)
Pevergreen 1 (GH)
Sasaki 1 (Ichigo)
Omanes 1 (pever)
No Lynch 1 (Xdeath)

Abstains 2 (Omanes, Beefy)
Not voting 11 (Dutch_guy, Faust, GvI, Lorenzo, Prole, Sasaki, Seamus, Shlin, TBlade, WMAster)

Proletariat
07-04-2007, 15:32
Just got back from out of town, but I don't see anything that significant other than Sigurd's main four points.

Vote: Abstain for now..

Tally:

Dutch_guy 1 (Gkhaan)
GvI 1 (Tran)
Ichigo 1 (Roadkill)
Pevergreen 1 (GH)
Sasaki 1 (Ichigo)
Omanes 1 (pever)
No Lynch 1 (Xdeath)

Abstains 2 (Omanes, Beefy, Prole)
Not voting 11 (Dutch_guy, Faust, GvI, Lorenzo, Sasaki, Seamus, Shlin, TBlade, WMAster)

Warmaster Horus
07-04-2007, 15:44
There's a difference between abstain and no lynch.

Vote:No lynch

Tally:

No Lynch 2 (Xdeath, WH)

Dutch_guy 1 (Gkhaan)
GvI 1 (Tran)
Ichigo 1 (Roadkill)
Pevergreen 1 (GH)
Sasaki 1 (Ichigo)
Omanes 1 (pever)

Abstains 3 (Omanes, Beefy, Prole)
Not voting 10 (Dutch_guy, Faust, GvI, Lorenzo, Sasaki, Seamus, Shlin, TBlade)

Andres
07-04-2007, 16:02
Unvote ; vote : Faust

@Stig : what happens if there is a tie at the end of the day?

Faust|
07-04-2007, 16:04
As Andres and others inquired... Faust, your vote and then the editing? an explanation would be great.

I had voted for pevergreen initially on that post, as I told Ichigo through PM. However, it looked to me like GK would be lynched so I thought it would be a better move to keep quiet for now and open next round with a vote for pevergreen.

Since I posted last, pever has written other stuff that makes me suspicious of him.

So now, vote pevergreen.

I'll post this quick to create a tie and then edit to explain.

Not much has happened so far, but i can assure you that if i was mafia, Twilight would have died.

This post struck me as scummy. It looks like a mafia trying to be in the townie mindset but making blunders. Both sentences suffer from this, and the second one contains totally useless, neutral, and obvious information. He summarizes the game and assures that he is not mafia, but doesn't place a vote. Seems like he is not concerned at that point at all about the GK argument, instead concerned only with his own image.

Since then he's made other scummy posts. Look at the way he reacts to this, Sigurd's post:

Now that it is clear that Stig wrote the kill descriptions, why is your gut saying pevergreen, GH? This is a bit early to get vibes for a player that has not posted anything but his sign in to the game.

pevergreen writes:

i am quite offended sigurd, i shall now have to raise my activity level!

Still not much but Omanes...I thought you were better than that...you made a fish for a role early, bad move mafia boy
Vote: Omanes

cant do tally, on laptop

Sigurd wasn't addressing pevergreen, just stating a fact that isn't in the slightest incriminating at this early stage. Yet pevergreen is ultra-sensitive to this and responds. He follows this with a weak, weak vote and explanation.

To me, it looks like he is in need of more practice being a mafia.

So,

Tally:

Greaterkhaan 1 (CountA)
No Lynch 2 (Xdeath, WH)
pevergreen 2 (GH, Faust)
Faust 1 (Andres)
Dutch_guy 1 (Gkhaan)
GvI 1 (Tran)
Ichigo 1 (Roadkill)
Sasaki 1 (Ichigo)
Omanes 1 (pever)

Stig
07-04-2007, 16:07
@Stig : what happens if there is a tie at the end of the day?
No lynch, ties make sure games take longer and longer, and the longer they take the more people that drop out.

RoadKill
07-04-2007, 16:20
Vote:abstain No one suspicious

pevergreen
07-04-2007, 16:23
He said i had only made one post, signing up. I am in the top 5 for activity, and i pride myself on that :bow:

So far, I am defending against a gut feeling which hasnt been explained (most likely GH is working/asleep), a "weak" vote on Omanes who pulls a role grab early? and not being happy about being called inactive...oh yes, lynch me now...

Faust|
07-04-2007, 16:35
He said i had only made one post, signing up. I am in the top 5 for activity, and i pride myself on that :bow:

So far, I am defending against a gut feeling which hasnt been explained (most likely GH is working/asleep), a "weak" vote on Omanes who pulls a role grab early? and not being happy about being called inactive...oh yes, lynch me now...

Not quite, almost. Add to that that you've responded really quickly to my vote. :beam: It is somewhat strange that you've responded so quickly when you said twice in previous posts that not much is happening at this stage.

Andres
07-04-2007, 16:54
No lynch, ties make sure games take longer and longer, and the longer they take the more people that drop out.

In that case:

Vote : pevergreen

I prefer a lynching over no lynch.

Tally:

Greaterkhaan 1 (CountA)
No Lynch 2 (Xdeath, WH)
pevergreen 3 (GH, Faust, Andres)
Dutch_guy 1 (Gkhaan)
GvI 1 (Tran)
Ichigo 1 (Roadkill)
Sasaki 1 (Ichigo)
Omanes 1 (pever)

Stig
07-04-2007, 16:56
one more hour for people to vote, just so you know it

Andres
07-04-2007, 16:57
Forgot to bold my vote.

Vote : pevergreen

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-04-2007, 17:01
pevergreen, I am relying on my usual tactic - reverse logic! If I was mafia would I have asked for role information to arouse suspicion over myself - probably not?

Dutch_guy
07-04-2007, 17:48
You are very active. It seems out of character.

Change of style or too much time on your hands in the summer holidays?

Summer holidays. And for what it's worth, I am not very active ~;)

GeneralHankerchief
07-04-2007, 18:02
Hold up. Why are we bandwagoning off of me?

To extend the voting period...

Unvote: pevergreen
Vote: Ichigo

Stig
07-04-2007, 18:03
Right Pever got lynched, going to do a write up now, but just so you know, you can start sending your PMs.

Night 2 has started

Stig
07-04-2007, 18:04
Curse you GH :furious3:

no-one got lynched, night still started, write up, for what it's worth, to follow

GeneralHankerchief
07-04-2007, 18:04
Okay, now that I've got my vote in I'm going to explain my rationale.

I voted pevergreen off a gut feeling just from viewing the first kill writeup. Since Stig said he pretty much did the writeups himself I really had nothing to work with.

-edit- Waitaminute, I just read Stig's description regarding ties.

Unvote: Ichigo
Vote: pevergreen

Stig
07-04-2007, 18:06
It's too late now, your 19:02 post came before I posted. But this one is too late, Pevergreen is lucky

GeneralHankerchief
07-04-2007, 18:08
Sorry everyone, I was unaware of Stig's tie policy until it was too late. :sorry:

FWIW, Sigurd, I remember exactly what a nuisance you were in Graffiti after you were whacked early on.

I'd also like to hear a legit defense from greaterkhaan.

Stig
07-04-2007, 18:30
Day 1 has ended

The barman of the Red Lion stands.
"Right, you have all been voting for the person you think is a Heineken salesmen. And, because of some last minute vote shifting I will have to disappoint you. No-one will be kicked out of town today. One of you decided that a tie might have been better, and although he complained and complained to me he was to late to change his vote back. So, a round from the man who made sure we were not going to have great night, you pay GH!" ~:cheers: ~:cheers:

Tally:

pevergreen 2 (Faust, Andres)
No Lynch 2 (Xdeath, WH)
Ichigo 2 (Roadkill, GH)
Dutch_guy 1 (Gkhaan)
GvI 1 (Tran)
Sasaki 1 (Ichigo)
Omanes 1 (pever)
Greaterkhaan 1 (CountA)
Shlin 1 (DG)
Abstains 3 (Omanes, Beefy, Prole)
Not voting 6 (GvI, Lorenzo, Sasaki, Seamus, Shlin, TBlade)

To be expecting an angry PM: Lorenzo, Shlin, Tblade, Caius (Sasaki has been posting, Seamus and Lorenzo are inactive, so sending them a pm wouldn't matter)

Caius
07-04-2007, 20:01
Gah!

I made late to the discussion, but Im trying to be active

Twilightblade
07-05-2007, 01:56
Sorry about being inactive but I've been unable to log on for a couple days.

Seamus Fermanagh
07-05-2007, 02:00
Apologies for not participating. I've been away at a funeral (great aunt, though effectively my grandmom). Active again as of night two.

pevergreen
07-05-2007, 02:17
Well, I seem to have caught a lucky break.
I responded quickly to your vote, as i was on at that time :laugh4:

Sigurd
07-05-2007, 07:42

I was correct in my statement.
At the time GH posted his vote for you, you had only one post in the entire thread; your initial sign in post. That you posted several times after that makes my claim no less true.

GH posted based on a gut feeling even though you hadn't made a single post other than:
"and you can expect a post saying that im in." And that was before the roles were assigned.

Sigurd
07-05-2007, 07:50
Roles:
-Ofcourse we will have the 3 mafia, the Heineken salesmen.
-Next to that there will be a doctor role, but the name of the role will remain unknown.
-And a detective role, but this name will also remain unknown.
-Next to that there will be some "weak" villagers, they won't leave town out of embarrassment, no they will join the salesmen.
-And we'll have a couple of totally unknown pro-town roles (not that much, don't be frightened) and these will remain completely unknown for everyone who doesn't have such a role.

A doctor... what do you do? stock someones fridge with good beer? and then the beersalesmen have no chance of selling their evil stuff?

Alright... we have a detective.
May I suggest that you investigate GH this night.

The weak villages... will Stig even mention a conversion in his narration?

What do you mean by your wording of the unknown roles; these will remain completely unknown for everyone who doesn't have such a role.
Are they informed of eachother? Do one of these roles know of the other roles?

Stig
07-05-2007, 08:25
will Stig even mention a conversion in his narration?
He will

Are they informed of eachother? Do one of these roles know of the other roles?
Nope and nope, there are a couple of special roles, but only the people that have such a role know about that certain role.

shlin28
07-05-2007, 09:17
I posted on the first page that I would not be on for Tuesday or Wednesday, so eh... no angry pm for me please??? :embarassed:

Sigurd
07-05-2007, 09:41
I have updated my spreadsheet and I am sorry to inform you that the result of day one is incorrect.

the right tally should be:

pevergreen 2 (Faust, Andres)

Dutch_guy 1 (Gkhaan)
GvI 1 (Tran)
Greaterkhaan 1 (CountA)
Ichigo 1 (GH)
Omanes 1 (pever)
Sasaki 1 (Ichigo)
Shlin 1 (DG)

Abstains 3 (Omanes, Beefy, Prole, RoadKill)
No Lynch 2(Xdeath, WH)
Not voting 6 (GvI, Lorenzo, Sasaki, Seamus, Shlin, TBlade)

I guess no-one saw RoadKill's change from Ichigo to Abstain (posted 17:20)
And since the rules don't mention the unvote, vote: thing, RoadKill's vote is valid.

Warmaster Horus
07-05-2007, 10:16
Sigurd, it doesn't change anything.

There would still be a tie between pevergreen and no lynch.
And that would be no lynch.

Sigurd
07-05-2007, 10:27
hmm... I guess you are right Warmaster.

Which leads to my next question.
Why are you and Xdeath voting No Lynch?
It is obstructing the course of the game and not quite helpful. It can be used as a tool in the endgame but right now the mafia can sit laughing because they are not threathened. There is a slight chance to lynch a mafia in every round.
What if GH is right about pevergreen?
If you don't want to participate in a lynching vote abstain.

Andres
07-05-2007, 10:37
I agree with Sigurd on that.

"No lynch" won't help us. If you don't have a clue, please just vote abstain.

It's pretty random at this stage of the game, but we still have a decent chance to lynch a mafioso; 1/7 is not that bad.

Stig
07-05-2007, 11:17
I simply used the latest tally, as I thought that was correct (and I added DG's vote which people forgot) ... but then as WM said it doesn't matter

I posted on the first page that I would not be on for Tuesday or Wednesday, so eh... no angry pm for me please???
Heheh, sorry m8, I forgot.

Haven't send out the pms anyway, seems like I didn't need to, you turn up, Caius turns up, Seamus finally recieved my pm and Lorenzo is still inactive as it seems. Only Tblade to show up.

pevergreen
07-05-2007, 12:47

I can see how you were correct, this hardly qualifies as a post at all...:sweatdrop:

Sasaki Kojiro
07-05-2007, 15:31
I get a pro town feel from GH's actions around lynch time. I think if he was mafia he would have made sure pever got lynched.

Andres
07-05-2007, 15:32
I get a pro town feel from GH's actions around lynch time. I think if he was mafia he would have made sure pever got lynched.

Unless, and I admit this is rather unlikely, both GH and pever are mafia.

shlin28
07-05-2007, 15:36
If they are both mafia, they would vote for each other so that nobody would be suspicious of them...

Sasaki Kojiro
07-05-2007, 15:48

Yeah, but GH has been in enough day ones to know how few votes the first lynchee usually gets.

Seamus Fermanagh
07-05-2007, 16:32
Yeah, but GH has been in enough day ones to know how few votes the first lynchee usually gets.

I concur. 2 and 3 votes for the same name will often suffice for a lynch in rounds 1 and 2 -- even from a large field. GH's actions cannot conclusively "clear" him, but I lean with Sasaki's assessment on this one.

As to the comments about "no lynch" votes. Sigurd has the right of it. A useful tactic in the end-game (selectively) to lengthen out the process and provide more time to gather data on the mafia. In the early and mid-game, however, I think Sasaki's reasoning against the "no lynch" is more important than the small chance of an early mafia kill (which can happen, but isn't common). Sasaki has argued that it is early bandwagons and the spirited discussions they generate that are PRECISELY what is needed to prompt interaction and create conditions wherein the mafia might let something slip and be revealed (or at least make statements that can be shown to be inaccurate rounds later as new information emerges).

Warmaster Horus
07-05-2007, 16:36
I see. Right, in that case... Anyway, too late to do anything now...

Sorry guys!

Stig
07-05-2007, 16:39
As to the comments about "no lynch" votes. Sigurd has the right of it. A useful tactic in the end-game (selectively) to lengthen out the process and provide more time to gather data on the mafia. In the early and mid-game, however, I think Sasaki's reasoning against the "no lynch" is more important than the small chance of an early mafia kill (which can happen, but isn't common). Sasaki has argued that it is early bandwagons and the spirited discussions they generate that are PRECISELY what is needed to prompt interaction and create conditions wherein the mafia might let something slip and be revealed (or at least make statements that can be shown to be inaccurate rounds later as new information emerges).
And next to this No Lynch doesn't encourage discussion = makes sure the game slowly dies = no fun

:furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3:

Hence why I urge people to vote instead of post (see when I WoG or ask for a replacement) ... tho both would be fine

Andres
07-05-2007, 16:42
And next to this No Lynch doesn't encourage discussion = makes sure the game slowly dies = no fun

:furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3:

You're the host, it's your game. You can always forbid us to vote "no lynch"...

Stig
07-05-2007, 17:06
You're the host, it's your game. You can always forbid us to vote "no lynch"...
Ah, to be perfectly fair I remembered I forgot to put something in the rules after the first person abstained.

Warmaster Horus
07-05-2007, 17:09
Then add it in now.

Stig
07-05-2007, 17:13
Nah, too late, I made a mistake

Warmaster Horus
07-05-2007, 17:14
And what did you want to add in?
And what mistake did you make?

Stig
07-05-2007, 18:11
The fact that you should vote for someone

Night fase is over btw, write-up to follow

Stig
07-05-2007, 18:38
Night 2 is over

Seamus was walking down the street after coming back from a great night at the pub.
When he turned into the street he lives in he saw a large truck parked outside it's house. Seamus, ofcourse, forced open the trucks doors to find out what was inside. And he found heaven, in the darkness of the truck Seamus saw crates full of beer, and gready as he was I stepped into the truck as he wanted to unload it. However when he finally managed to get into the truck the doors behind him closed.
"Does it matter," he thought, "I have my beer." And he popped open the first bottle, and the second, and the third, and the fourth.
When Seamus woke up in the morning a sun was shining into the truck and multiple villagers were standing outside, look angry.
Seamus looked around and realised what he had done: Heineken.
As quickly as he could he got out of the truck, back in front again to avoid the angry mob and he rode off. Never to be seen again.

Pevergreen was almost a sleep when he heard something being pushed through his letterbox.
"At this time of the night. Should be something important," he thought.
He got out of bed, walked down the stairs and on the doormat there was a single postcard. On it there was a simple text:
"Congratulations sir, you have won a cruise trip. You are expected tomorrow at dawn in the harbour of Bombay."
The last people saw of Pever was him screaming for a cab, which rushed out of town.

Still alive:
Beefy
Andres
Xdeathfire
Lorenzo
Prole
Sasaki
DG
Tran
Faust
Shlin
Omanes
GH
Ichigo
Khaan
CA
Twilightblade
Roadkill
WM

Killed:
Sigurd
Seamus
Pevergreen

Start voting

seireikhaan
07-05-2007, 18:42
Huh? Why did they kill Pever? I'm confused. Why would the mafia kill off someone who was garnering attention and was nearly lynched? Makes no sense to me.

GeneralHankerchief
07-05-2007, 18:45
That's very interesting.

Vote: greaterkhaan

I don't like the posts you've been making. This last one (#135) clinches it. You don't ask questions, you answer them in your head.

seireikhaan
07-05-2007, 19:04

Alright, I'll answer my own question, GH. As Andres stated, you would be a rather unlikely suspect due to your saving of Pever. Of course, with Pever dead, this SHOULD clear you name, right? And Pever just HAPPENS to be killed this night? Seems like a little too much of a concidence to me.
Vote: GeneralHankerchief

Sasaki Kojiro
07-05-2007, 19:07
Vote:greaterkhaan

This is the 2nd round in a row you've tried to get someone lynched based on who was killed; really scummy.

GeneralHankerchief
07-05-2007, 19:08
Alright, I'll answer my own question, GH. As Andres stated, you would be a rather unlikely suspect due to your saving of Pever. Of course, with Pever dead, this SHOULD clear you name, right? And Pever just HAPPENS to be killed this night? Seems like a little too much of a concidence to me.

It could also be you with a weak double-bluff frame attempt. :rolleyes:

Warmaster Horus
07-05-2007, 19:09
Vote:GH.

I'm sorry mate, but I can't believe you missed what Stig said about ties. And your edit was perhaps slightly too quick.

GeneralHankerchief
07-05-2007, 19:12
I knew there wasn't much time left so I skimmed.

Once I had my unvote in I believed that there was more time to go over the posts so I did. Then I saw what Stig was saying and tried to change my vote back to pever.

Sasaki Kojiro
07-05-2007, 19:13
Vote:GH.

I'm sorry mate, but I can't believe you missed what Stig said about ties. And your edit was perhaps slightly too quick.

fos:WH
I missed what stig said about ties. And why would GH as mafia go out of his way to save an innocent?

Warmaster Horus
07-05-2007, 19:16
Hmmm. Maybe...

Unvote

But I'm keeping my eye on you :inquisitive:

shlin28
07-05-2007, 19:19
Vote: GreaterKhann

He does seem rather suspicious now that Pever's dead... but GH saving an innocent could be a ruse, afterall if he did that nobody could accuse him of being a mafia.

seireikhaan
07-05-2007, 19:20
fos:WH
I missed what stig said about ties. And why would GH as mafia go out of his way to save an innocent?

Easy: he made a mistake. As far to my knowledge, even the great GH is human. He wanted to make a tie to 'promote discussion', thereby lessening suspicion on him. However, he, like you, missed the bit about a tie resulting in no lynch.

Sigurd
07-05-2007, 19:20
No mention of Heineken in pever's story... My bet is that it was not the mafia.
Ergo he could have been removed by a townie with abilities.

Welcome to the dead rules society guys.

seireikhaan
07-05-2007, 19:22
If it wasn't mafia, then what happened to the other mafia kill? Keep in mind, even when they're blocked, we still get the writeup of it happening.

Sasaki Kojiro
07-05-2007, 19:25
Vote: GreaterKhann

He does seem rather suspicious now that Pever's dead... but GH saving an innocent could be a ruse, afterall if he did that nobody could accuse him of being a mafia.

We can still accuse him of being mafia, that's the thing. Such a move is not that convincing.

No mention of Heineken in pever's story... My bet is that it was not the mafia.
Ergo he could have been removed by a townie with abilities.

Welcome to the dead rules society guys.

Wow I had completely missed this. So pever isn't proven innocent.

Easy: he made a mistake. As far to my knowledge, even the great GH is human. He wanted to make a tie to 'promote discussion', thereby lessening suspicion on him. However, he, like you, missed the bit about a tie resulting in no lynch.

unvote

I still get a pro-town feel from GH. But your point is valid, if he had misread the rules he would have thought he was creating a tie which would result in a lynch eventually.

Sigurd
07-05-2007, 19:36
If it wasn't mafia, then what happened to the other mafia kill? Keep in mind, even when they're blocked, we still get the writeup of it happening.
Yes...
Who knows, maybe some of the role actions don't get narrated.
It could have been a block by a roleblocker.
It could have been the mafia choosing to do only one kill to fool us. They suspect someone is blocking and when only one kill is narrated, the roleblocker comes out of the closet and proclaims: I blocked so and so, he must be mafia. The mafia makes sure this player dies next round.
The mafia could have sent the kill pm too late. It seems Stig is strict when it comes to deadlines.

There are many possibilities.

However, there are only one kill that mentiones the magical word of Heineken.

Andres
07-05-2007, 20:30
FWIW, Sigurd, I remember exactly what a nuisance you were in Graffiti after you were whacked early on.

On the other hand, in this game it is possible to convert players. So maybe the mafia didn't really want to kill Sigurd or me, but to convert one of us.

I didn't like your little "voting/unvoting/oops..." performance.

Vote : GeneralHankerchief

Seamus Fermanagh
07-05-2007, 20:34
I will pray that the truck takes me to St. James Gate.....

CountArach
07-05-2007, 22:26
Vote: shlin

He was the third one to vote for GK and as such, bandwagonned.

Proletariat
07-05-2007, 23:15
This is already difficult to follow. I think pevergreen's death should be considered, but over all, considering it wasn't an apparent Heineken man, it was prolly some other serial killer action or something. Not something we'll have alot of luck ferreting out, and also not something preventing us from a townie win.

Vote: Greaterkhan for now, but I agree GH still seems suspicious because of what Andres pointed out. 'I was for the lynch right after I was against it blahblah'

Faust|
07-06-2007, 00:57
GH's voting last day phase was really scummy.

Hold up. Why are we bandwagoning off of me?

To extend the voting period...

Unvote: pevergreen
Vote: Ichigo

To start off, the votes for pevergreen were clearly not a bandwagon off of GH. Erroneous statement. GH's vote elicited a post from pever, but that's the only connection.

The vote is scummy to say the least. If GH and pever are innocent, there are many coincidences that would have had to take place for things to turn out the way they did. Not to mention GH must have been having a bad day. GH's post with the explanation of his rationale is also weird.

As for pevergreen's kill write-up not having anything to do with Heineken, the two possibilities are that pevergreen was vigilante-killed, or pevergreen was mafia, and so a Heineken write-up wouldn't make sense.

GH's hounding of GK (not a strong suspect to me) at this early stage is suspicious. Maybe he's been forced to do this because of scummy actions?

Another comment on the pevergreen kill write-up:

Here are the conditions that would have to exist for pevergreen to be innocent:

-There IS a vigilante role.
-While the vigilante chose to kill pever, the mafia missed a kill.
-pevergreen just happened to sound scummy in his posts, but was not.

So, vote: GH

Faust|
07-06-2007, 01:08
Tally:

Greaterkhaan: 3 (GH, shlin, Proletariat, )
GeneralHankerchief: 3 (GK, Andres, Faust)
shlin: 1 (CA)

Just for example...
If GH is innocent:

-GH had to have read enough to realize pever would be lynched and that there was an hour left to vote, but missed the parts where Andres voted pever to break the tie that would result in "no lynch". All of this information is on the top of page 4 of the thread (for me, anyway).
-GH posted a minute before Stig announced the lynch (presumably, shortly after he logged in?)
-GH actually wanted more discussion in an otherwise productive first round when we had a seemingly satisfactory first round lynch candidate, and with much discretion removed his vote for pever which was at first cast with appropriate recklessness (appropriate because the first round).
-GH made an obviously erroneous statement saying that the voters for pevergreen had bandwagoned off him.
-GH thought that the mafia wrote the kills. This turned out not to be true.

This stuff is possible, but to me GH is the best lynch at this point.

GeneralHankerchief
07-06-2007, 01:19
-GH actually wanted more discussion in an otherwise productive first round when we had a seemingly satisfactory first round lynch candidate, and with much discretion removed his vote for pever which was at first cast with appropriate recklessness (appropriate because the first round).

In my skimming, I saw pever's votes accompanied by short posts. Short posts + subsequent order = bandwagoning to me.

Faust|
07-06-2007, 01:36
In my skimming, I saw pever's votes accompanied by short posts. Short posts + subsequent order = bandwagoning to me.

Hmm, the post that accompanied my vote was the longest on page 3. Again, in skimming you must have seen the hour-to-vote-deadline post and the spoiled vote tally, but missed the very first post on the page, Andres' vote for pever. Actually, you must have seen it, but did not catch any of the (few) words other than "vote:pevergreen". Anyway, my vote stands... apologies if I'm wrong.

TevashSzat
07-06-2007, 02:18
Hmm...GH and greater are the most suspicious, but I cant come to believe that GH has made a mistake, and I think he was too quick in voting for greater. I personally saw nothing that he did that was extremely bad. I will not vote for either right now, but may vote for GH in the future.

Beefy187
07-06-2007, 03:01
since im leaving to air port soon and i have to pack stuff up ill make it short
reading all the posts im convinced that GH is the most suspecious at this point.

pevergreen
07-06-2007, 03:16
pevergreen making short posts = normal activity
normal activity = pevergreen innocent.

Or incredibly skilled mafia. Anyway, it looks like I have been vigilante killed, but i ask stig: Can the mafia request that beer is made no reference to in the kill?

My thought on the killer: Idiot :laugh4: Doesnt matter, looks as if they killed who they thought was the most suspicious. Turns out to be me.

I think the role is "Travel Agent" so watch out for more of that kind of thing in the future.

GeneralHankerchief
07-06-2007, 03:44
All right, fine. I've made my defense. If you lynch me, your loss.

Faust|
07-06-2007, 04:33
I think the role is "Travel Agent" so watch out for more of that kind of thing in the future.

Possible...

You sound quite (100%) positive you've been vigilante killed though... :inquisitive: why is that? You are so confident, in fact, as to seriously propose the name of the role? :inquisitive:

It's just, for someone who was night-killed you're not sounding very pro-town.

I'd say the circumstances behind your kill are uncertain at best.

Also, GH was talking about the short posts attached to the votes for you, I believe.

Csargo
07-06-2007, 06:11
I've read through the thread a few times just to catch up on what I missed. From what I've seen it's basically GH vs khaan. GH's defense is lack luster, which isn't like him when he's mafia. My gut tells me khaan, so that's what I'm going with.

Vote:khaan

CountArach
07-06-2007, 08:46
Hmmm, that ties it up at 4 a piece. My gut tells me they are both innocent, but my gut seems to always be wrong...

The evidence against GH is strong. I am also interested in his saying this:

He seems to be attacking Short posting. He hasn't had a long post on this page. With my hatred of hypocrasy, I shall:

Sigurd
07-06-2007, 08:48
On the other hand, in this game it is possible to convert players. So maybe the mafia didn't really want to kill Sigurd or me, but to convert one of us.

hmm... This is true.
Ok. So the mafia's agenda is to convert players. Too bad this will be their bane.

We have a tie between GH and greaterkhaan (4 and 4).
Are they our candidates for this round? If so, I believe GH would have been my choice.
Is there some reason we should keep you alive GH?

[edit]: Recent voting has put GH in the lead

Tally:

GH: 5 (Andres, Beefy, Count A, Faust, gkhaan)
gkhaan: 4 (GH, Ichigo, Prole, Shlin)

not voting: 10 (Dutch guy, GvI, Lorenzo, Omanes, Roadkill, Sasaki, Tran, TBlade, WarmasterH, Xdeath)

Dutch_guy
07-06-2007, 09:12
I've read through the thread a few times just to catch up on what I missed. From what I've seen it's basically GH vs khaan. GH's defense is lack luster, which isn't like him when he's mafia. My gut tells me khaan, so that's what I'm going with.

Vote:khaan

And that, coupled with Khaan's first post after the killings (135), is more reason for me to vote Khaan, than to do GenH.

Vote:greaterkhaan

Stig
07-06-2007, 11:05
Can the mafia request that beer is made no reference to in the kill?
Since they are Heineken salesmen they kill by making you drink Heineken.

pevergreen
07-06-2007, 11:43
Therefore i was vigilante killed

:bow:
Why travel agent? Because i got an offer to go on a cruise...

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-06-2007, 14:06

What he's done seems like typical mafia tactics. Using the kills to manipulate a vote on somebody.

I think pevergreen was a mafioso. The number of kills decreased by one on the night of his death. Was this coincidental or not?

Andres
07-06-2007, 14:13

What he's done seems like typical mafia tactics. Using the kills to manipulate a vote on somebody.

I think pevergreen was a mafioso. The number of kills decreased by one on the night of his death. Was this coincidental or not?

I know I am entering the domain of WIFOM here, but would GK be so obvious about it?

Sigurd
07-06-2007, 14:24

:laugh4: ...

I am not laughing at your suggestion as it is highly probable. Way to go whomever sent pever away. :2thumbsup:
Yes this must be it, pever was going to do one of the kills and he was blocked and expelled in one go.

As for greaterkhaan... I know he can do better. He fooled me in Kung Fu and his reckless behaviour in this game suggests that he has nothing to loose. It is a typical change in behaviour from that game.

Until I hear what GH has to say I think he should be our candidate today
Maybe we should look for other candidates too ?
Anyone picking up wibes, gut feeling ... etc.

Andres
07-06-2007, 14:29
Not really. But after this round ends, I'd like to hear more from:

RoadKill 4
CountArach 4
Beefy187 4
Xdeathfire 3
Twilightblade 2
Tran 2
Lorenzo_H 1

(the number behind their names is the number of posts they made thus far).

Warmaster Horus
07-06-2007, 14:45
Lorenzo appears to be inactive. PM him to bounce him back in here, I say. Unless Stig already did it.

Andres
07-06-2007, 14:49
Tally:

greaterkhaan : 6 (GH, Ichigo, Shlin, Prole, Dutch, Omanes)
GeneralHankerchief: 5 (GK, Faust, Andres, Beefy, CA)

Stig
07-06-2007, 14:58
Lorenzo is inactive (he hasn't even recieved the role PM) ... after this day fase I will ask for a replacement. If I don't get a replacement before the end of the next night fase it's WoG

Sasaki Kojiro
07-06-2007, 16:06
I don't think the case against either of them is particularly strong. They've both defended themselves well. I suspect it's too close to deadline to change anything though.

Csargo
07-06-2007, 16:08
I don't think the case against either of them is particularly strong. They've both defended themselves well. I suspect it's too close to deadline to change anything though.

:inquisitive: one unvote and their both saved. I'm just crazy enough to do it.

Sasaki Kojiro
07-06-2007, 16:25
Oh right, stig's tie rules.

vote:GH

Tied at 6.

Stig
07-06-2007, 16:25
Well if you want to, see this as a notifier you still have 1.5 hours.

Also for the people who don't vote and/or post

Andres
07-06-2007, 16:28
Lazy Sasaki :no:

Tally

GeneralHankerchief: 6 (GK, Faust, Andres, Beefy, CA, Sasaki)

Are we not going to lynch GeneralHankerchief?

:bigcry:

Can't I vote twice?

Sasaki Kojiro
07-06-2007, 16:33
I'm not lazy ~:confused:

Andres
07-06-2007, 16:34
I'm not lazy ~:confused:

You forgot the vote tally :whip:

Csargo
07-06-2007, 17:23
Lazy Sasaki :no:

Tally

GeneralHankerchief: 6 (GK, Faust, Andres, Beefy, CA, Sasaki)

Are we not going to lynch GeneralHankerchief?

:bigcry:

Can't I vote twice?

I don't see why GH is a better choice to lynch. :inquisitive: You're acting kinda strange Andres...

I'm not lazy

Your extremely lazy:beam:

Stig
07-06-2007, 18:15
Day 2 is over, Night 3 has begun

The barman of the Red Lion spoke:
"People, people, you disappoint me. Again you can't decide who to kick out of town, surely you know that there are three Heineken Salesmen amongst you. Don't you want them to leave or what?"

GH: 6 (Andres, Beefy, Count A, Faust, gkhaan, Sasaki)
gkhaan: 6 (GH, Ichigo, Prole, Shlin, DG, Omanes)

not voting: 7 (GvI, Lorenzo, Roadkill, Tran, TBlade, WarmasterH, Xdeath)

Warmaster Horus
07-06-2007, 18:15
Too late, I guess, but if it changes anything...

Vote:GH

Ah well...

Sasaki Kojiro
07-06-2007, 18:46
hmm that's interesting

Warmaster Horus
07-06-2007, 19:06
Eh? What is? That I voted GH? The guy I voted before? Is it strange that I wanted someone lynched?

EDIT: Or is it strange that I tried to vote then at 19h15? Because if you want to know, I was talking to my best friend I hadn't seen in 11 months for about a half-hour before his train left.

Once again, sorry guys!

Sasaki Kojiro
07-06-2007, 19:09
The attempt at voting right before deadline I thought was interesting. Breaking the tie I don't find suspicious.

Warmaster Horus
07-06-2007, 19:15
See the edit.

Also, his train left at 18h30, and the train station is about 15 min from home. Then I had a shower. Ten minutes after finishing it, and doing some work of my own, I thought of the Org. That line of thought brought me back to this.

Sasaki Kojiro
07-06-2007, 19:21
Wow, that's a really detailed explanation for something I didn't even push you hard on.

Warmaster Horus
07-06-2007, 19:39
That's me.

Stig
07-06-2007, 19:47
Sorry WM but you were mostlikely about 30 seconds late

GeneralHankerchief
07-06-2007, 20:09
A bit late, I know, but:

Is there some reason we should keep you alive GH?

Aside from the fact that I'm innocent, not really.

CountArach
07-06-2007, 22:17
Eh? What is? That I voted GH? The guy I voted before? Is it strange that I wanted someone lynched?

EDIT: Or is it strange that I tried to vote then at 19h15? Because if you want to know, I was talking to my best friend I hadn't seen in 11 months for about a half-hour before his train left.

Once again, sorry guys!
Wow, that was one of the most blatantly backfooted defensive posted I have seen on these boards. FoS: Warmaster

RoadKill
07-07-2007, 03:56

Once again, sorry guys!

You seem to be panicing a lot trying to draw suspicion off urself, but only making it worse.

Warmaster Horus
07-07-2007, 08:49
Well, you see, the fact is that our goodbye was rather too quick for me, because I suddenly was sick (vomited), so I was trying to make me feel better.

TevashSzat
07-07-2007, 12:59
Of course, but even still you would know it is gonna drawn huge suspicion to vote at the last second so either you are a really bad mafia, or just being really dumb

Warmaster Horus
07-07-2007, 14:14
Or a really unfortunate townie?

EDIT: You know, right now I don't care if I look suspicious, because at least that will permit a lynching. You know, 2 days have gone, and not one lynched person. If I am to be lynched, so be it. I voted after the last minute because it's better to lynch someone.

And, by the way, where were you? Haven't voted this turn, I think, hmm?

Stig
07-07-2007, 19:12
Night 3 has ended, Day 3 has started:

Faust was walking along a dark alley when he suddenly saw a bright light coming towards him. Blinded as he became he walked into every direction and bumped into multiple walls, he then fell into a hole into the ground, unconscious he lay there on something hard.
That morning villagers came walking down the street and saw the hole, when they looked down they saw Faust, sleeping on multiple crates of Heineken.
"OUT OF TOWN WITH FAUST, WE DON'T WANT ANY HEINEKEN DRINKERS!!!"
Faust was taken to the edge of town and symbolically kicked out.

Dutch Guy was sleeping in the park as he always did after a long night with the boys, as his wife didn't like him when he was drunk. We was fast asleep when a couple of young boys came walking towards the place where he was sleeping.
"Those men wanted us to construct the beerfort around this bench, but someone is sleeping here."
"Ah well, if we don't do it we don't get our 100 dollars, let's start building."
That morning DG woke up in a fort made of beer. When he walked out he saw twenty villagers, looking rather angry.
As fast as he could he ran towards the exit of the park, down Main Street and out of town.

Still alive:
Beefy
Andres
Xdeathfire
Prole
Sasaki
Tran
Shlin
Omanes
GH
Ichigo
Khaan
CA
Twilightblade
Roadkill
WM

"Killed:"
Sigurd
Seamus
Pevergreen
DG
Faust

WoG:
Lorenzo

Faust|
07-07-2007, 20:19
For right now I think GH is scummy. Perhaps Sasaki or Ichigo too. Don't know for sure, though.

GeneralHankerchief
07-07-2007, 20:31
Vote: Warmaster Horus

I find it interesting that he votes for me in essentially the same way WHY he voted for me.

Csargo
07-07-2007, 20:37
Vote:Prole cause I can't remember seeing any of her post's.

For right now I think GH is scummy. Perhaps Sasaki or Ichigo too. Don't know for sure, though.

:huh: Is that a gut feeling?

Csargo
07-07-2007, 20:38
Vote: Warmaster Horus

I find it interesting that he votes for me in essentially the same way WHY he voted for me.

:inquisitive:

Faust|
07-07-2007, 20:56
Vote:Prole cause I can't remember seeing any of her post's.

:huh: Is that a gut feeling?

No, a guess. I'm not sure, as I said before.

shlin28
07-07-2007, 21:25
Vote TwilightBlade

Isn't very active is he... we need to get rid of the lurkers quickly, because they could be
a) they could be mafia, and we could get rid of them early
b) or not mafia, but since they don't post they dont help us anyway, and by lynching them we get better odds next time of lynching a mafia.

Sigurd
07-07-2007, 21:28
Dutch_guy's "death" seemed like a Heineken kill, but the important word was not there. According to Andres, Stig would never call Heineken beer.
I am thinking this is a Heineken kill since there was a reference to the angry villagers.

Csargo
07-07-2007, 21:34
No, a guess. I'm not sure, as I said before.

Oh I missed the last part of your statement.:wall:

Faust|
07-07-2007, 22:00
I'm confident both were heineken kills. I'm sure Stig will clearly distinguish between a mafia kill of a townie and anything else.

Warmaster Horus
07-07-2007, 22:08
GH, I explained that enough. And, at least I didn't miss anything. My "way of voting you" was lack of time, and I hadn't missed anything. I didn't have a vote/unvote/oops performance.

Now, will we get more or less the same result as last time? This time, we must lynch someone.

Vote:GH
I think we know why.

Proletariat
07-07-2007, 22:37
I agree, Warmaster. GH has been acting scummy through this whole thing, and Sasaki looks scummy whether he's the detective, beer man, game moderator, trash man, whatever role.

Lynch: GH

But I've got a hunch about Sasaki as well.

CountArach
07-07-2007, 22:47
Vote: Proletariat

One post so far, and that was a Bandwagon.

Proletariat
07-07-2007, 23:08
Check the replies total.

I have 6 posts, the same amount as you, Count.

CountArach
07-07-2007, 23:51
Fair enough then.

Unvote: Proletariat

Csargo
07-08-2007, 00:20
This is going downhill fast.

Beefy187
07-08-2007, 01:01
Vote: GH

he wasnt supposed to live last round. and we seriously need to lynch someone

Csargo
07-08-2007, 02:12
Vote: GH

he wasnt supposed to live last round. and we seriously need to lynch someone

Nice reasoning.:wall:

Seamus Fermanagh
07-08-2007, 03:20
Ichigo is correct here, Beefy.

GH is not acting/posting unusually at all. The only unusual thing is that the mafia hasn't killed him already and he's still active 3 rounds in -- our dear founder gets "deaded" all too quickly in most games.:cheesy: This isn't conclusive, of course, but I think Sasaki was correct when he said that GH just doesn't "feel" mafia. I would not want a lynch on GH without more proof.

My choice for lurker mafia -- if I hadn't succumbed to the evil of "H" -- would be Roadkill. Shlin is voting regularly, and a mafia lurker would miss votes or vote irrelevancies -- say like RK's first round abstain and 2nd round absence -- and try not to go on record so much. Prole is usually a low-count poster. In fact, it is only when her post count rises above 2 per page (at 40 per page) that I begin to see her as having an active role. Gal actually has a life, so she's not in the Gameroom 24-7.

So what's the deal RK? You're not just skating under the radar, you're denying any and all forms of information to evaluate you. Care to comment?

Beefy187
07-08-2007, 03:49
if u say so
Unvote:GH Vote:Roadkill

thanks for your advice Seamus

Caius
07-08-2007, 03:58
At least, use your own reasoning.

Vote:Beefy182

Bandwagon + no own reasoning.

GeneralHankerchief
07-08-2007, 04:39
Unvote: Warmaster Horus
Vote: RoadKill

Half a "prodding" vote, half a "save my skin" vote.

Proletariat
07-08-2007, 04:57
Seamus has made the most sense here, if GH was innocent, he'dve been killed by now.

Unvote: GH
Vote: Roadkill

Beefy187
07-08-2007, 05:38
its not a bandwagon if i was the first one to vote

and we need to start lynching someone if we really want to win.

btw its 187 not 182

Csargo
07-08-2007, 05:59
Alright then.

Unvote:prole
Vote:Roadkill

Bandwagon hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Tran
07-08-2007, 06:01
Alright then.

Why not? ~;)

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-08-2007, 07:22
Bandwaggoning won't help anybody. It's the guaranteed way to lynch a towniee very quickly.

Csargo
07-08-2007, 07:50
Bandwaggoning won't help anybody. It's the guaranteed way to lynch a towniee very quickly.

Then what do you think Omanes? I'de like to hear what you have to say.

Warmaster Horus
07-08-2007, 08:10
Seamus has made the most sense here, if GH was innocent, he'dve been killed by now.

Unvote: GH

Uhh, I'm sorry? From what I understand, your first sentence more or less marks GH as mafia, and then you unvote him?

Csargo
07-08-2007, 08:16
Uhh, I'm sorry? From what I understand, your first sentence more or less marks GH as mafia, and then you unvote him?

Yeah I know I thought that was weird https://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb89/Omanes/Miscenellous/Texas-Flag.gif

One more post till 1000 Congrats!

Sigurd
07-08-2007, 09:15

I agree with Warmaster on his comment.
However, Prole got it right. GH is one of the prime candidates for this lynch.

I too respect the advice of Seamus as he is one of our best Mafia catchers.
He uses some of the same parameters that Kommodus uses in his tools.

I think we should put GH up again together with Roadkill as candidates for this lynch.
Roadkill should be heard though. :shame:

shlin28
07-08-2007, 11:02
Unvote
Vote GH

By Prole's reasoning GH must be mafia, and so therefore he must be lynched!

Stig
07-08-2007, 17:47
Day 3 has ended, Night 4 starts

"Well well people, you finally made up your mind about who to lynch. It took some time but you'll get there eventually. Roadkill, come forward."
"He isn't here."
"What do you mean he isn't here?"
"Well he hasn't voted he's still at home."
"All, to the house of Roadkill!!!"
The angry mob marched out of the pub and onto Roadkills house, when Roadkill saw them coming he grabbed his stuff and ran out the backdoor, he jumped 12 fences and ran through multiple fields before he looked back. He never saw that no-one bothered to follow him.

Tally:
Roadkill 5 (Tran, Ichigo, GH, Prole, Beefy)
GH 2 (Shlin, WM)
Beefy 1 (Caius)
Not voting 6 (Andres, Xdeathfire, Sasaki, Omanes, CA, Khaan, Twilightblade Roadkill)

WoG bait: Xdeathfire, Twilighblade (Tran saved himself)

It's night, send your pm's, a little more participation in the thread would be nice.

Warmaster Horus
07-08-2007, 18:37
Well, finally a lynch. Perhaps not the best choice, but a lynch all the same.
Now, I'd like to ask Prole why did you unvote GH after saying that he was mafia?

TevashSzat
07-08-2007, 19:25
Sorry, about my lack of participation here, seems like summer vacation is even busier than school, but I'll try to be more active.

Also, that previous lynch seemed like a really fast bandwagon. You should at least give someone a chance to say something or to see if they were even on the forums recently before bandwagoning on him. His last post on the forums was before day 3 has started, 2 days ago so he might just be busy in real life.

Andres
07-08-2007, 19:52
His last post on the forums was before day 3 has started, 2 days ago so he might just be busy in real life.

Indeed. A simple click on his name and the option "find more posts by Roadkill" would have revealed that.

A pity nobody took the effort to do this before he got lynched...

CountArach
07-08-2007, 22:40
Sorry guys, I'm gonna be a bit sparse arond here. Mu internet got capped at Dial-up speed because I broke the Download limit (No it wasn't Pr0n, don't even say it). I may still be here, but less often.

Proletariat
07-08-2007, 23:16
Now, I'd like to ask Prole why did you unvote GH after saying that he was mafia?

I said Seamus changed my mind. What he said about GH makes more sense than accusing GH of being mafia for a deadline-voting snafu. If I was mafia, I'd be trying very hard to get him or Sasaki lynched because of how well they play this game. Do you still think GH is scum, Warmaster?

Csargo
07-08-2007, 23:35
I said Seamus changed my mind. What he said about GH makes more sense than accusing GH of being mafia for a deadline-voting snafu. If I was mafia, I'd be trying very hard to get him or Sasaki lynched because of how well they play this game. Do you still think GH is scum, Warmaster?

RoadKill
07-08-2007, 23:44
Come on guys, I got a job. I basiclly spend my whole day working at an amusment park, from 12pm - 10pm, and i usualyl come back extremely tired, but one word of advice you guys made a bad lynch, and i would be concerned about seamus, I can tell hes pushing eveyr spec of suspicion on someone else, but you guys dont need to believe me.

Csargo
07-09-2007, 00:01
Come on guys, I got a job. I basiclly spend my whole day working at an amusment park, from 12pm - 10pm, and i usualyl come back extremely tired, but one word of advice you guys made a bad lynch, and i would be concerned about seamus, I can tell hes pushing eveyr spec of suspicion on someone else, but you guys dont need to believe me.

Seamus was killed I believe.

Seamus Fermanagh
07-09-2007, 00:25

So, as a mafia-hunting strategy you would prefer…

1) Waiting for the detective to find a Mafioso and then reveal same? Of course, the detective has to live long enough and avoid being discredited. We also might be waiting a good while as the detective checks each name in turn.

2) Waiting for a Mafioso to declare her or himself or make an obvious and conclusive gaffe that reveals their identity? I’ll admit it does happen. I’ll even admit it happens more frequently than blue moons…but only just.

Bad Answer. There will virtually NEVER be conclusive evidence against anyone in the early or mid-game (all the analytical tools used only work over time), so by your rationale the town would NEVER lynch and would almost certainly lose therefore – unless the detective (if any) gets lucky AND lives to tell of it.

Band-wagoning is the ONLY proven strategy for hunting mafia. People, forced to defend themselves from such wagons, provide responses that in detail and tone are distinctive. It is this detail, and inconsistencies between earlier responses and later responses, that allow us to catch Mafiosi. Without the pressure of being lynched, most folk will just toss out a few thoughts or questions – and provide little or no evidence for later analysis.

It is also necessary to narrow the field of potential mafia so that the focus of suspicion can turn up the heat on the narrowed field. If nobody gets lynched, it takes a long time to narrow this field and the mafia who have all of the advantage. As Sigurd noted, it is occasionally to the town’s advantage to slow down the lynching in the end-game – so that the mafia doesn’t get the win too quickly – but in the early game you should thin out the crowd. You don't win the breach without a forlorn hope taking the chop for the rest of you -- thus too in mafia gaming.

This will always appear to be yielding a mafia runaway in the early phases, but as most Mafiosi would confirm, the real thorny part of their plots begins around day 5….unless no lynches have occurred, in which case you are effectively giving them an extra night or two for killing – which by the way means you actually have saved NOBODY, but have guaranteed that ONLY the innocent will die with zero chance of a dead mafioso.

Example: 25 players including 3 mafia (with 2 kills) and 1 detective (with 1 search).

3 rounds with no lynches leave: 19 players including 3 mafia and more than 1 chance in 4 that the detective has died. There is a 20% chance that one Mafioso has been investigated by the detective.

3 round with lynches leave: 16 players with about a 10% chance of one dead mafia, about a 30% chance of a dead detective (assuming no reveal). The chance that a mafioso was spotted remains the same.

SASAKI IS RIGHT! Bandwagons rock! SASAKI IS RIGHT!

Seamus Fermanagh
07-09-2007, 00:27

* emphasis added.

RK, I was heinekilled. I may be dead wrong about my suspicion of you, but I can hardly be thought of as lying to protect my mafia partners. :devilish:

If you are a lynched innocent, my apologies -- but please see the post above.

CountArach
07-09-2007, 01:15
Nevermind. Stupid ISP billed us with 5Gig of Downloads we never used. All fixed now though.

Nice summary on why Bandwagonning is a good thing Seamus. It can help teh town, but at the same time it is a double edged sword in that so often a townie does get lynched. That said, teh towns advantages are in their abilities to soak such casualties up.

Sigurd
07-09-2007, 14:48
concerning WoG's...
I am wondering why TwilightBlade who has posted only twice and not voted at all, is still in this game?
Lorenzo was WoG'ed last round with the same stats.

Stig
07-09-2007, 15:09
Lorenzo is inactive, he never recieved the role PM
I gave Twilight a chance to come back, he will be WoG'ed if he doesn't post before the end of the next night fase (3 hours). Xdeathfire will be WoG'ed if he doesn't vote. Voting is important if you want the game to progress, people who don't vote are not helping discussion and no discussion make sure the game dies.
Likewise Andres, Sasaki, Omanes, CA and Khaan will recieve an angry PM if they don't vote next time, even tho they are active.

If I ever host a game again I already have a new rule:
Not voting counts as voting for No Lynch, that will make sure people will be active, as they need to be, no more lurking and destroying games with it.
But that's for a future game.

Csargo
07-09-2007, 16:07
I think that's a good idea Stig.

Andres
07-09-2007, 19:37
Well, it's 20.40 (GMT+1), so I guess the night is over.

Alright then.

You had your fun.

Now, can you please explain your vote to me? A simple click on the "find more posts from Roadkill" would have told you he wasn't online the last couple of days...

Besides, you have played several games with Roadkill and you should know lurking is his style, regardless of guilt or not.

Vote : Ichigo

Csargo
07-09-2007, 19:49
Well, it's 20.40 (GMT+1), so I guess the night is over.

You had your fun.

Now, can you please explain your vote to me? A simple click on the "find more posts from Roadkill" would have told you he wasn't online the last couple of days...

Besides, you have played several games with Roadkill and you should know lurking is his style, regardless of guilt or not.

Vote : Ichigo

Tally:
Roadkill 5 (Tran, Ichigo, GH, Prole, Beefy)
GH 2 (Shlin, WM)
Beefy 1 (Caius)
Not voting 6 (Andres, Xdeathfire, Sasaki, Omanes, CA, Khaan, Twilightblade Roadkill)

Do you know how many mafia games I have played Andres? It's probably more than you have I can't be held accountable for remembering everyone's playing styles. And if he is a lurker then he wouldn't really help the town out anyways only make random post's here and there.

I fail to see the point in all this.

Andres
07-09-2007, 19:51

What?

Csargo
07-09-2007, 19:56
What?

Well the night phase isn't over until Stig says it is whether it be an hour from now or 5

Stig
07-09-2007, 19:57
And a little bit later then normal, but Night 4 has ended, Day 4 has started, do vote

??? was sitting at home when the doorbell rang. ??? walked to the door and opened it, only to see a Heineken salesmen.
"Goodnight my friend, how would you like to buy some Heineken?"
"Oh yes, I would like to, I'm dieing to drink some beer again, ever since I lost my job I'm out of money."
"Well in did case join our selling team, so you will start making some money. All you need to do is try selling beer to people, the more you sell the more money you make."
"I would like to, where do I need to apply?"
"You can follow me, my friend."

WM was walking down the street when he saw a salesmen at the end of the street. He turned around, but saw another salesmen at the other end.
He started running and ran into an alley, which again had another salesmen. So he again turned and saw the other salesmen coming towards him. He pushed a little schoolkid from his bicycle and started peddling.
"This town isn't safe anymore," he yelled, "I'm leaving."

Ichigo was walking down the street when he saw someone coming in his direction.
"I DON'T WANT YOU IN MY TOWN," the someone yelled.
Ichigo really didn't know what was happening to him and kept walking, but the closer he got the more he wanted to turn around and run, as he had seen many others do in the past days.
When he could look the person in the eyes he finally made his decision, to run.
As fast as he could he fled town. Only to see that the person was distributing Wanted Posters through the town.
He could never return now.

Still alive:
Beefy
Andres
Xdeathfire
Prole
Sasaki
Tran
Shlin
Omanes
GH