PDA

View Full Version : Compatability Qs

Lucky_Shotz
06-27-2007, 17:49
I read the spawned armies thread and have a question:
If you want a spawned army lead by a unique character, the name needs to be in the factions' name list. All well and good, but is there a way to make sure that captians or other family members do not get alloted the unique name? For example, i will be attempting to have Hannibal spawn on a designated date...i dont want the name Hannibal_Barca used until he spawns; how can I go about this?

Also, is it possible to have characters spawned and automatically become leaders/heirs as is reqiured? I want Seleucus I Nicator to be succeeded by Antiochus I, and Antiochus to be succeeded by the CORECT historical heir.
Alternatively, is there a way to kill faction people with a script so they die when theyre supposed to?

Finally, in Alexander, does India have a unique building tileset? and can it be ported to Rome original? I want a map extending from Iberia all the way through India/including India. And from the top of the Sea of Azov(Black Sea) to the booton of the Arabian peninsula, is this possible for the maximum size of allowed maps?

An afterthought: Could somebody please explain how to play the Imperial Campaign from Rome TW in BI? I read a topic about it, but its not exactly clear. What do I change FROM what TO what? this would be very appreciated

Thanks very much for the help!

wlesmana
06-28-2007, 05:11
I'm not sure if this would work with spawned characters but I found a way to have a unique name for a character at the start of a campaign that will never be used again in the game. What this requires is an unused faction (or I guess slave faction works). In front of your character's entry in descr_strat, just add "sub-faction -unused faction name-" (check how the slave faction does it in DS). What this does is make that character as if he was a bribed character, so retaining the portrait and name of the old faction. If the faction is not used in campaign, the name will never be spawned again, assuming you make that name unique to the unused faction. This I have confirmed to work well, as I'm using it for my mod. Make sure the unused faction has the same culture or the portrait would be of a different culture.

You can also use slave faction for this, as the name pool in slave faction is only used for custom battles, whereas in campaign, the name pool is taken from the region's original ownership they spawned at.

You can kill characters with script but YOU MUST KNOW THEIR NAMES. There is no other way to kill a character other than this. Also, as far as I know, there is no way to script the set-up of a faction heir. The AI doesn't change the heir set-up though, they just follow whatever is chosen automatically.

I don't think India has a unique tileset or buildings. I think they're using eastern culture's.

Dol Guldur
06-28-2007, 09:18
Neat trick with the portrait/name there Wles - I love that sort of thinking. Well done!