PDA

View Full Version : Civil war

woad&fangs
07-11-2007, 15:09
Do the roman factions start a civil war if you are playing as a different faction EX: Brittania:beam: If they do how long does it usually take to start and is there any way I can speed it up.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-11-2007, 17:09
Hi woad&fangs,
I'm sorry to say that I've only ever seen it happen once in R:TW 1.5. In that case, it occurred at around about 12BC while I was playing as The Greek Cities. Since I have only ever seen it occur once, I think, sadly, that it rarely occurs and usually the Romans keep a resonably united front.

Fortunately, I am lead to believe that there is a way of speeding it up, although save game compatability will probably be lost. In R:TW version 1.3, certain members think that the civil war was changed so that the AI triggered it earlier. I hear that this was reversed back to 1.2 levels in 1.5. Perhaps a downgrade to the older patch may provide you with the desired effects.

I hope this helps, cheers!

Warmaster Horus
07-11-2007, 17:13
Hypothetically, what would happen if you were a long time ally of, say, the Julii (showering them with gifts, etc.) and went to war with the Brutii, for instance?

Would that cause the Civil War? Or help cause it?

woad&fangs
07-11-2007, 17:33
Would the Romans just have a very strong alliance or would the senate popularity and people popularity matter. If they do matter than I guess bribing generals that are popular with the senate might help. If they have a strong alliance and thats all then your Idea looks pretty good Warmaster Horus.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-11-2007, 17:48
Hypothetically, what would happen if you were a long time ally of, say, the Julii (showering them with gifts, etc.) and went to war with the Brutii, for instance?From my experience, the Julii will simply carry on with the Brutii, although, when you are a non-Roman it's very hard to determine if their popular support is high enough for them to perform the split anyway. Any theories would only be provable if the CA told us. Sorry.
Would the Romans just have a very strong alliance or would the senate popularity and people popularity matter. If they do matter than I guess bribing generals that are popular with the senate might help. If they have a strong alliance and thats all then your Idea looks pretty good Warmaster Horus.I believe that, once the civil war can be started, it will just be a strong alliance. However, as said, this theory can only be confirmed by the CA. My appologies.