PDA

View Full Version : How can you tighten the economy? (WRE in Goth BI mod)

econ21
07-15-2007, 23:13
Is there an easy way to reduce the income of a faction in BI? I am playing Goth's all factions mod as WRE but within a few turns, I have 50k plus. Far too much to spend. It removes the economic constraint which is one of the things that makes mods like EB so great.

I dug around a little in the descr_strat, but could find nothing like the "king's purse" of M2TW. The only thing money related seemed to be on trade resources, but seemed a little too complex.

I had thought about doubling upkeep costs in the EDU, but then realised that would hit the ERE too as nearly all units are shared.

Maybe I need to write a script (or console command, if I am lazy) to deduct 10k or 20k each turn? Perhaps:

add_money, -10000

Any advice?

Aradan
07-16-2007, 00:00
You could add a trade/tax penalty to all of the roman core buildings and have your faction as a prerequiste for that penalty...

Roman_Man#3
07-17-2007, 01:16
I would suggest a script. I am a bit rubbish at writing them, but say your money was over 30k, you would gain -15k. I say it in that form because RTW processes it like add money -15000. Food for thought. It should be a basic script, but its beyond me.