PDA

View Full Version : how to get larg armies

killer123456789
07-26-2007, 04:54
how do you get large armies of thousands when you have a limited amount of spaces for whatever you trained

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-26-2007, 07:48
Hi and welcome killer123456789,
You can control larger armies by simply entering your "Options" menu on the main screen. Select "Video Options", and choose to show the advanced options. Then simply change the "Unit Size" box to "Huge". After you have done that, in all new campaigns, your units should contain more men than on your previous setting. They also drain more on the population from settlements and have a higher upkeep cost. However, do beware, unfortunately, older and less powerful PCs may struggle to cope with the extra models that require rendering. If this is the case, then reverting back to your old settings should remove the issue. Hope this helps you, cheers!

Stuperman
07-26-2007, 17:01
Are you sure that the have a higher upkeep when the unit size id higher? IIRC upkeep does not change.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-26-2007, 17:17
As far as I remember it does Stuperman - I think that the cost was calculated per man in the unit. I may be wrong though, since I don't have a copy of R:TW installed on either of my computers at current.