PDA

View Full Version : Request - Looking for a certain Mongol mod

TheLastPrivate
07-31-2007, 00:41
Hello everyone,

I've been brousing .org for a while now until I gave up on googling
a certain mod somebody mentioned a while back in here.

I'm looking for a Mongol mod that allows you to play the mongols,
but does not start you off with a few towns and some troops.

It basically lets the CPU play without the human player until the mongols arrive around turn 70 or so, and THEN let the human player gain control of the fresh mongol horde. Basically a hotseat mode for the CPU.

I tried searching it but I did not know the name of the mod so I gave up
after a few days of searching. Maybe I misunderstood the post and such mod does not exist, but help me out guys.

Thanks in advance.

phonicsmonkey
07-31-2007, 05:45
hello, and welcome to the forums

as I understand it you don't need to download a mod in order to control the mongols when they arrive mid-game

you just need to enable the hotseat mode, start a game as (eg) England, then use the console to change your faction to the mongols

then the game will rotate through the turns until the mongols arrive before giving you control of them

I think it should all be in here:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=88781&highlight=hotseat

the starting point for this is, I believe, that you must have dowloaded and installed the 1.2 patch first, which contains the hotseat feature

make sure you back up any files before you edit them

TheLastPrivate
07-31-2007, 13:21
Thank you so much, I will try it as soon as I wake up tomorrow.

phonicsmonkey
08-01-2007, 01:29
no problem - good luck!

Askthepizzaguy
08-01-2007, 04:35
Quick question of my own. What is hotseat mode, and can it be used to play as two factions?

I've got a hankering to try the Turtle vs Hare experiment.

phonicsmonkey
08-02-2007, 09:36
it allows multiplayer campaigns, but you'll have trouble with a turtle vs hare test because certain battles are autoresolved...not sure which..defensive maybe? haven't tried it...

Eng
08-02-2007, 09:43
In the curret hotseat all battles are autoreslolved therefore u cannot test the turtle vs hare.... (ull have to wait until kingdoms goes out)