PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Personal Security and General Hitpoints

SSJVegetaTrunks
07-31-2007, 17:47
What are they at by default and how high and low can they go?

EDIT: Another VERY important question: how do you make faction-specific traits? If I remember correctly, you can do it by adding something like "IsFactionThrace" for the conditions of the triggers. Can anyone please confirm this?

Makanyane
07-31-2007, 18:46
For faction specific trait use

Condition FactionType vandals
in trigger or

Condition blah.....
and FactionType vandals

Personal security I've used up to 100 - embarrassingly that doesn't make generals immune from assassination in game though.

Hit points I haven't tried doing anything extreme with.

SSJVegetaTrunks
07-31-2007, 19:11
Ok, thank you! Does the "FactionType" condition work for RTW 1.5 or just for BI? Because I use RTW.

SSJVegetaTrunks
08-01-2007, 18:32
Anyone know? I suppose I could just try it to find out.

EDIT: Another question - can you make having a certain building in a city be a condition for a trigger that takes place when character comes of age? For example:

If I want to make it so that if you have an academy in a city, and a general comes of age in that city, that he will gain a certain trait?

EDIT: Yet another question - how does the GeneralNumKillsInBattle condition work? Does that mean that the general himself has to kill that many troops, or that his body guard unit has to? Is there a list of all conditions possiblef or traits?

Squid
08-02-2007, 19:19
Ok, thank you! Does the "FactionType" condition work for RTW 1.5 or just for BI? Because I use RTW.

Yes it works for rtw 1.5.

Anyone know? I suppose I could just try it to find out.

EDIT: Another question - can you make having a certain building in a city be a condition for a trigger that takes place when character comes of age? For example:

If I want to make it so that if you have an academy in a city, and a general comes of age in that city, that he will gain a certain trait?

SettlementBuildingExists =>< buildingname

where buildingname is the name of the building in question in EDB.

EDIT: Yet another question - how does the GeneralNumKillsInBattle condition work? Does that mean that the general himself has to kill that many troops, or that his body guard unit has to?

The general has to kill that number of troops.

Is there a list of all conditions possiblef or traits?

Yes, if you dig around the downloads section its called BI_docs.zip, although it's updated for 1.6, everything works with 1.5 as well.

BozosLiveHere
08-03-2007, 00:02
Not everything. There are things that just won't work (like the PreBattle event) and others that only work in specific files (like FactionwideAncillaryExists and WorldwideAncillaryExists).

We used to have a thread just for discussing events, conditions and commands, you should be able to dig it up.

Squid
08-03-2007, 21:22
That thread is outdated, as many (all?) of the things introduced in BI do not even appear there, such as your two examples above.

SSJVegetaTrunks
08-03-2007, 22:13
Thank you! Now I wonder... How do I add new conditions, and where can I find a list of the Trait effects, and how can I make new trait effects?

EDIT: I'd like to see a list of ALL possible effects. I'm curious to see the kinds of effects these triggers can have.

Squid
08-07-2007, 19:55
As far as I know there is no complete list of effects, if you look through the traits and ancillaries files you will be able to generate a list of all the effects that CA used in their release.

You can't make create new conditions (such as checking if a player has a particular ancillary) or new effects (such as MissleCommand which would be similar to InfantryCommand or Calvalry Command)

EDIT: The file I suggested you find earlier in this thread will have a list of conditions as well as events that can be used.