PDA

View Full Version : Creative Assembly Leipzig Games Convention

Jack Lusted
08-02-2007, 12:36
Hi guys,

I am excited to announce that The Creative Assembly will be at Leipzig on August 23rd with some HUGE news - and it won't be about revisiting Rome...

Take care,

Mark O'Connell
(aka SenseiTW)

Link (http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/20716/t/Leipzig-Games-Convention.html?page=-1)

sapi
08-02-2007, 12:40
Thanks Lusted.

Sounds like we can expect an announcement about TW5 in the near future :thumbsup:

For the record, my money's on an internal sci-fi/fantasy IP ~;)

Subedei
08-02-2007, 13:00
:fortune: :tnt:Thanks for the exciting news!!!!

SenseiTW
08-02-2007, 13:11
:beam:

Mithrandir
08-02-2007, 15:06
Stickied for a while.

They are finally going to reveal that Tosa is really the CEO of CA.

Caius
08-02-2007, 20:05
Link (http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/20716/t/Leipzig-Games-Convention.html?page=-1)
WooT wOOt!

So, Rome Total War 2 is finally coming?

Lusted
08-02-2007, 20:29
So, Rome Total War 2 is finally coming?

The announcement says it will not be about revisiting Rome.

Martok
08-02-2007, 21:03
Thanks Lusted! Appreciate the heads-up. :bow:

Csargo
08-02-2007, 21:15
I wonder. :thinking:

Hoplite7
08-05-2007, 02:08
They said the huge news won't be about revisiting Rome. But the way it's worded sounds like R2:TW could still be an option, but the news isn't about it

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding. I really hope they go back to Rome, my favorite era.

Durallan
08-05-2007, 03:06
maybe they will finally include naval battles?

Ramses II CP
08-05-2007, 03:26
I want it to be Global Total War (Okay, dumb title, but you get the idea; all periods playable within a single, mod-ready engine), but I personally suspect China/Far East Total War or, most likely, a followup to the Kingdoms expansion.

Budwise
08-05-2007, 04:41
Who said it was even a new game. Maybe they will be giving out a Mod Development Kit or adding all of those changes we have non stopped bitched about. It could even be better AI features or a broken MP mode fixed.

Or, the lead designer of the ... is coming out of the closet and chooses this way to let the family/friends know. Its too early to even pretend to get excited about anything.

I wrote that on the other thread but because it was closed because it was deemed redundant by a real PAIN. I decided to repost it here.

Hoplite7
08-05-2007, 05:00
I wrote that on the other thread but because it was closed because it was deemed redundant by a real PAIN. I decided to repost it here.

Usually "HUGE" news would imply a new direction or development in the franchise, not patches.

But I'd much rather have a patch than a new game to be honest.

Csargo
08-05-2007, 08:22
NTW
HellenisticTW

anders
08-05-2007, 16:19
well, it could be Bugs:TW, bighypeddissapointment:TW, Nottestedenoughandrushedtothemarket:TW or something in that vein. on the other hand, didnt CA recently ask wether people woud buy a fantasy game?

a Global:TW or History:TW should probably not be wished for, its touhg enough to make a game limited by era and region good.

AntiochusIII
08-06-2007, 00:31
HellenisticTWThat's Rome: Total War.

Leipzig is big, way bigger than E3. CA chose the right place for a big news like this really. Wish I can be there...then again it's more like a trade show than a fan convention.

Looking forward to it. Here's hoping for a new game for the franchise in the works. :yes:

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
08-06-2007, 01:39
I kill myself if RTW2 comes out :-/

King Jan III Sobieski
08-06-2007, 03:14
I'm still a MTW person myself... :book:

:egypt:

sapi
08-06-2007, 09:47
That's Rome: Total War.

Leipzig is big, way bigger than E3. CA chose the right place for a big news like this really. Wish I can be there...then again it's more like a trade show than a fan convention.

Looking forward to it. Here's hoping for a new game for the franchise in the works. :yes:
:grin2:

E3 practically is a trade convention these days...

Flavius Gonzo
08-07-2007, 20:38
Would it be outlandish to question if CA might move into more modern conflicts, such as Napoleanic wars, WWI, or *gasp* WWII?

Obviously, there would need to be a substantial re-work of the game's engine. But damn, if that wouldn't be terrific. In spite of all the WWII games out there, I haven't found a single one that was both fun to play and a challenge strategically. I can't stand RTS "herding cats" games like CoH, and the games I've played with valid strategic aspects, like Hearts of Iron, were just too dry.

I think CA needs to enter the WWII genre and show everyone else how it's done.

Swoosh So
08-09-2007, 17:35
Damn gotta wait longer it seems on the news of rome2 :p , well as long as theres something nice about multiplayer in the news ill be chuffed, single player i know will be improved and i welcome that ofc.

I guess by the name this is in germany? i may ask kocmoc to go spy for me :D

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
08-10-2007, 01:55
Why don't they make a STW 2 to?

Martok
08-10-2007, 02:33
Who says they're not? ~;) While I very much doubt that Shogun 2 is CA's next title, I could certainly see them doing so eventually.

Midnight
08-12-2007, 07:58
Apparently, at least one person at TWC has already guessed (or come quite close to guessing) what the next game is. CA isn't saying any more, though.

Personally, I'd like to see a different map - Europe's great, but I'd like to go somewhere else next time.

sapi
08-12-2007, 08:06
I should point out, though, that that (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=113514) thread isn't a small one, and Thamis' comment could have referred to anything from STW2, to AsiaTW, NTW, Stripper:Total War, Harry Potter:Total War, Nature:Total War, Colonial:Total War and....well, you get the message ~:)

He's not giving anything away :grin2:

Swoosh So
08-12-2007, 17:36
I doubt theres enough variety of units in a stw2 game to fill the current variation of units/factions. I could be wrong tho im not a japanese history buff.

Caius
08-14-2007, 00:46
Ahem, Google is my very friend and look what I found:

Rome: Total War 2 Readying to March?

By Kris Graft Print | Send to a friend | Email the editor

BLOG - I spoke with Sega’s Scott Steinberg at E3 (or the E3 Media and Business Summit, or as I like to call it now, the E3 MABS) a couple weeks ago, and for one, he is a pretty witty guy and a fun interview and two, is pretty honest and straightforward about issues. And I'm pretty sure he confirmed Rome: Total War 2.

We’ll be posting a story soon from the interview, where he talks about good biz stuff like global expansion and spreading out support across all platforms, and some good stuff for fanboys, like an explanation as to why Xbox 360 is getting VF5 online and PS3 isn’t.

Anyhow, back to the topic as indicated by the headline here. Steinberg seems to confirm that Rome Total War 2 is on the way:

“…We’ve got the Creative Assembly guys doing Medieval and the follow along to Rome which we haven’t announced yet.”

Of course, by “Medieval” he means the other highly-praised entry in the “Total War” franchise which itself has seen a sequel.

Rome: Total War was a killer RTS that originally released in 2004 by Creative Assembly before Sega bought the firm. We’d say it’s overdue for a sequel.

There is a chance that he could be another expansion pack, I suppose, but I think we’re talking full-fledged sequel here.

IrishArmenian
08-14-2007, 01:48
Jack Lusted? What the hell?
I can't wait for the big news!
My favorite faction from Stripper Total War (the true STW) is Booze and Boobs. I hope they're included. (Crosses fingers hoping that there is actually a strip bar with the aforementioned blunt, unsubtle name in the real world)

Jack Lusted
08-14-2007, 09:24
Ahem, Google is my very friend and look what I found

Indeed, and this announcement was made after that rumour spread around the net. Read the first post again.

hoetje
08-14-2007, 11:41
I am excited to announce that The Creative Assembly will be at Leipzig on August 23rd with some HUGE news - and it won't be about revisiting Rome...

:oops: :laugh4: :juggle2:

sapi
08-14-2007, 12:06
Ahem, Google is my very friend and look what I found:
:yes:

The follow along to Rome could mean anything; hence this announcement (and the release indicating that it will not be RTW2)

Intrepid Sidekick
08-14-2007, 12:12
As Jack says. It isn't Rome.:dizzy2:

It's "Fast as a Shark 2: Yeah Baby" :yes: :sharky:

Anyway back to :tredmil:

CountArach
08-14-2007, 12:33
Stripper:Total War
*Crosses Fingers*

SaFe
08-14-2007, 14:05
As Jack says. It isn't Rome.:dizzy2:

It's "Fast as a Shark 2: Yeah Baby" :yes: :sharky:

Anyway back to :tredmil:

It seems everybody from CA has fun now, but it would be better if they really check up their customer's wishes instead of making jokes.:dizzy2:

Dear CA, just look at your own poll: The majority of totalwar fans wanted a Rome2.

BoyarPunk
08-14-2007, 14:51
It's been mentioned...but I'd like to see a Total: Total War...encompassing all of human history....played on a global map....with a hundred or so factions...from the stone age all the way to the nuclear age.

But not just a Civ clone...it would be a TW game through and through.

One can dream....:2thumbsup:

sapi
08-14-2007, 14:59
Dear CA, just look at your own poll: The majority of totalwar fans wanted a Rome2.Consider, though, that CA UK had just done RTW when they started development on FaaS2 (they do the revolutionary engine, as things stand); would they really want to do another Rome-based game immediately?

Gimli
08-14-2007, 15:46
I think that one that they SHOULD do some time in the future (hopefully SOONER rather than LATER) would be a Napoleanic TW or (even better) a Colonial TW :2thumbsup: as was mentioned in (this? or maybe a different thread) by someone... The colonial era was kind of the end of the old europe and the beginning of a new one (and, of course, all of the changes that were brought to the rest of the world!). It could be a much more global game and there are plenty of possible factions! :cool4:

EDIT: Of course, I would NOT complain about another Rome TW!!!

SaFe
08-14-2007, 16:24
Consider, though, that CA UK had just done RTW when they started development on FaaS2 (they do the revolutionary engine, as things stand); would they really want to do another Rome-based game immediately?

Well, although i will be a little dissapointed, if no Rome2 is made, i can for sure understand that the developers want to do something new,
BUT the gaming industry is not a "we produce what we want do do" wishing well.
Why do a poll, - just to ignore it and make some funny jokes thereafter?
To be honest the Shark thingy becomes lame.
If they(CA) didn't want to say something official till Leipzig it is ok, but my question stands: Why ignoring their customers wishes?

My thoughts about anything after 1500 AD. I'm not so sure about Colonization, Nepoleonic or even WW1.
This would be something totally different and for me(and by reading the forums, many others too) Total War series stands for hand to hand combat and not just muskets and guns(there are tons of games for this eras out there) Additionally if they want to do Napoleonic or Colonization the diplomacy system must be given a total overhaul and many ore addiutional aspects included.

Nonetheless i'm very interested in the news at Leipzig about a game series that accomplies me for several years.

sapi
08-15-2007, 04:07
I certainly wouldn't surprised if RTW2 was created, if not now, then as the evolutionary game for the new engine; iirc, it sold more copies than even M2TW...

Caius
08-15-2007, 04:11
Indeed, and this announcement was made after that rumour spread around the net. Read the first post again.
Dont blame me!Blame Google! :beam:

Durallan
08-22-2007, 17:46
maybe they will finally include naval battles?

Glad to see I was right all along :2thumbsup: :beam:

Abokasee
08-25-2007, 19:14
I should point out, though, that that (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=113514) thread isn't a small one, and Thamis' comment could have referred to anything from STW2, to AsiaTW, NTW, Stripper:Total War, Harry Potter:Total War, Nature:Total War, Colonial:Total War and....well, you get the message ~:)

He's not giving anything away :grin2:

Of all of those possible titles not one of them was Empire:total war only ones close to it were Conlonial total war and NTW