PDA

View Full Version : Marius the reformer

gaiusjulii
08-08-2007, 16:10
OK I have modded my game so that when you play a campaign all of the romans start off allied but the senate are a fourth faction so in effect you can fight any roman faction you fancy from the very start, i fetl that this would make the romans harder as you cant rely on your alliance to keep you safe. However I have thought of something that hopefully someone will know. I am playing as Brutii and after some epic battles and hair raising moments i am now the ruler of italy, the senate julii are a distant memory and the scipii exiled to Sicily. My question is this, do you need the senate to have the marian reforms? and while i am here, do factions re-emerge?

Sonicdahedgie
08-08-2007, 19:15
1) To my knowledge, no, the Senate are not needed for the Marius Reforms. What [i]is[\i] needed are three, I think, large cities, upgraded with their Imperial Palaces. That's what causes the Marius Reforms.

You MIGHT need only one Imperial Palace, I have heard both of these things.

2) I do not think that factions can re-emerge. The only way this could happen is if a city you just conquered from the rebels and becomes theirs. But if the faction is destroyed, I believe it would just be a rebel city.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
08-08-2007, 19:33
Hi gaiusjulii,
For the Marius reforms to take place, you require one Imperial Palace constructed on the Italian peninsular or on Scilly. Sadly, the city in question cannot be Rome. Hope this helps you, good luck, cheers!

gaiusjulii
08-08-2007, 19:52
Cheers guys ill let you know if it works when i get to the imperial level.

gaiusjulii
08-09-2007, 12:09
Just a quick update finally rweached the imperial level last night, in capua. This did trigger the Marian Reforms so you do only need one city in italy with the imperial palace.

Cleon of Sparta
08-09-2007, 19:39
How would you mod it so you can fight any of the other romans you like from the very start?

gaiusjulii
08-10-2007, 09:41
YOu need to go to descr_strat File in the imperial campaign folder and the the roman headings from this:

faction romans_julii, comfortable caesar
Roman senate superfaction
denari 5000

To this:
faction romans_julii, comfortable caesar
denari 5000

You'll notice that i've removed the superfaction status. Do this to all of the romans including the senate and that should do the trick.

Warning though. Dont Click on the senate floor or title and offices tabs while in play or you CTD. but other than that its fine. ALso one more thing if you like longer campaings as i do you change the start date to much earlier i start my games at 470BC and had no problems. :2thumbsup:

Cleon of Sparta
08-10-2007, 12:58
If you change the start game to 470BC only. If you click on teh senate floor and tittle will the game still crash ?

Cleon of Sparta
08-10-2007, 13:04
Oh and also on the roman senate one their is no roman senate superfaction

gaiusjulii
08-12-2007, 13:20
Oh and also on the roman senate one their is no roman senate superfaction

Sorry you are correct, You dont have to change anything in the Senates section, dont know why i typed that :embarassed: . Also once you remove the roman senate as the superfaction you will no longer receive missions from them. and yes that means they can only treat you as any other faction so no they cant give you fines and the like. In regards to the senate tab and the offices button, once you have become independant you cannot touch these buttons at all or you game will crash. You just have to ignore these buttons. And no one has been able to remove the buttons either that i know of. and yes the buttons will stay there even after you kill the senate. I hope that clears things up a little for you mate.

G:smash:

Cleon of Sparta
08-12-2007, 16:27
Okie dokes thanks :)