PDA

View Full Version : Need help with family members

L.C.Cinna
08-14-2007, 10:03
Hi I'm making a mod right now but I have one problem in the descr_strat. I can add generals to the map and sons to my family trees but whenever I try to marry someone with a daughter of my faction leader I get the following error:

"Couldn't find spouse Ancharia"

here is the code:

character Aulus Asellius Aemilianus, named character, age 24, , x 174, y 67
traits LoyaltyStarter 1, PoliticsSkill 2, GoodAdministrator 2, GoodCommander 1, NaturalMilitarySkill 1, MathematicsSkill 1, Military_Service_Years_1to9 7, Former_Military_Service 1, Christian 1
ancillaries drillmaster
army
unit roman generals guard cavalry early exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0

character_record Titus Pescennius Niger, male, age 1, alive, never_a_leader
character_record Gratidia, female, age 42, alive, never_a_leader
character_record Sempronia, female, age 22, alive, never_a_leader
character_record Ancharia, female, age 18, alive, never_a_leader

relative Gaius Pescennius Niger, Gratidia, Aelius Pescennius Niger, Gnaeus Pescennius Niger, Ancharia, end
relative Aelius Pescennius Niger, Sempronia, Titus Pescennius Niger, end
relative Aulus Asellius Aemilianus, Ancharia, end

Same happens when I try to marry someone in other factions.

Thank you for your help.

Makanyane
08-14-2007, 10:55
I think its being sexist! Try putting Aulus in the family tree as son of Gaius and just give him Ancharia as a wife.

The game will marry off daughters but it looks like it might not like you doing it in descr_strat.

L.C.Cinna
08-14-2007, 11:48
but it will accept Aulus as son only if I give him the same surname as the father and I don't want that. I want my characters to have historical names.

btw what happens if the heir is not part of the family? will his familiy appear when the old leader dies?

In my other faction I have Septimius Severus as leader, gave hiim 2 daughters (whom I can'T marry to anyone :inquisitive: ) and I added Caracalla as faction heir but not into the family so I can give him a different name from his father's. You think that would work?

Makanyane
08-14-2007, 12:03
btw what happens if the heir is not part of the family? will his familiy appear when the old leader dies?
yes, though the fact that you can't see him or his family initially is a awkward in the game as you've no idea of when kids come of age or how many daughters you have etc...

so your second example should work but you won't be able to see him.

Surnames are a bit of a pain - you could try using epithets on hidden traits to overwrite them. You should also be able to make the epithet trait inherited so dads pass it on to sons.

Atilius
08-15-2007, 00:03
...but whenever I try to marry someone with a daughter of my faction leader I get the following error...

Dirty trick:
Give Ancharia her father's surname in all three places where her name appears. It should work then.

character_record Titus Pescennius Niger, male, age 1, alive, never_a_leader
character_record Gratidia, female, age 42, alive, never_a_leader
character_record Sempronia, female, age 22, alive, never_a_leader
character_record Ancharia Pescennius Niger, female, age 18, alive, never_a_leader

relative Gaius Pescennius Niger, Gratidia, Aelius Pescennius Niger, Gnaeus Pescennius Niger, Ancharia Pescennius Niger, end
relative Aelius Pescennius Niger, Sempronia, Titus Pescennius Niger, end
relative Aulus Asellius Aemilianus, Ancharia Pescennius Niger, end