PDA

View Full Version : Samurai YES/NO in unit stats file

DrNo
08-13-2002, 18:39
Quick question for anyone who knows and any CA devs around.

What effect does the setting Samurai have on a unit?
Some units have this set to YES and others to NO. It's in unit stats file in column with main unit attack defense stats etc.. and looks like 'Samurai(YES)' or 'Samurai(NO)'.

TosaInu
08-13-2002, 23:07
Konnichiwa DrNo san,

Not 100% sure about it, but it seems identical to STW unroutable stat. A samurai/knight is more 'stable' than an ashigaru/peasant. If anything routs, it's quite likely that all peasant units will rout. A routing peasant has hardly any influence on the samurai morale. But a routing samurai (or many routing peasants) does affect the morale of another samurai.

------------------
Ja mata
Toda MizuTosaInu
Daimyo Takiyama Shi

http://www.takiyama.cjb.net

Wavesword
08-13-2002, 23:20
Quote from Target's explanation of stats post:

Unroutable:
Doesn't actually make them "unroutable", but actually flags them as samurai in the code which makes the honourable, meaning they get bonuses in their routing check codes. Ashigaru and Mongols are basically peasants and rabble, so they aren't given samurai status
true = 1, false = 0

------------------
Lay your sleeping head, my love,
Human on my faithless arm;
Time and fevers burn away
Individual beauty from
Thoughtful children, and the grave
Proves the child ephemeral:
But in my arms till break of day
Let the living creature lie,
Mortal, guilty, but to me
The entirely beautiful.

Lord Krazy
08-13-2002, 23:33
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TosaInu:
[B]Konnichiwa DrNo san,

Not 100% sure about it, but it seems identical to STW unroutable stat. A samurai/knight is more 'stable' than an ashigaru/peasant. If anything routs, it's quite likely that all peasant units will rout. A routing peasant has hardly any influence on the samurai morale. But a routing samurai (or many routing peasants) does affect the morale of another samurai.

From playtesting I can con firm this is true,
yet I'm not sure if it has any affect on
becomeing impetuious

DrNo
08-14-2002, 16:01
Thanks all for the replies, Obake answered my query over on DD's site as well.

I checked the unit stats file (MTW) and all the top h-t-h fighters have this flag set to YES whereas most other units have it set to NO, so it makes perfect sense.

Something to be aware of when deciding which units to use as bait, as in STW.