PDA

View Full Version : Diplomacy is a mystery to me

vinz75
08-22-2007, 07:05
Hi,

I'm playing a RTW campaign as Brutii, and it's going pretty well: I've destroyed Greek cities, Macedon, have taken asia minor's egean coast and now I'm destroying Egyptian empire both in their homeland and in Syria.

So, everything's fine ? Not quite I don't have any success with diplomacy.

I once was allied with Thracians, I never was able to exchange or buy maps from them. Later I tried to gift them a territory (near their capitol) and they refused !!!
Later on I tried to exchange military access and they broke the alliance...

During the early stages of my war with Egypt, Pontus was at war with them so I offered Pontus (witch was loosing) an alliance... of course they refused !

When I negociate I try to find someone with little influence (captain...) to speak with, but it doesn't help :(

Could you give me some informations on how you negociate your treaties ?

Zim
08-22-2007, 08:17
I'm afraid diplomacy is not RTW's strong point. Usually the only allies you can keep are those you don't share any borders, especially on the higher difficulties. You can try gifting tribute money, even a little for a large number of turns. It seems to delay the comp factions' inevitable betrayal.

Lethal Jakkson
08-22-2007, 09:15
best thing on brutii is sail your diplomat to Selucids give them a token sum and trade rights hang about and get other trade rights in the area and then seal an alliance with the Selucids and Armanians(as they become allies after 3 or 4 turns for a wile till armanians get tired of there alliance with there weak neighbours) then send him up around to the Sythian regions and get allied to them wile this is going on you shoould see a boost in you popularity with the senate and plebs

btw brack your alliance with the Selucids once war has been declared on them by Armania that way you still got eastern richs coming in and the Selucids are damned anyway (as AI) oh and remember as you get closer to your allies brake your ties with them as the senate will as you to attack them and this will help your chance at getting new allies