PDA

View Full Version : a question

General_Someone
08-25-2007, 03:06
i havn't looked around too much but how do you add new officers to units?

Makanyane
08-25-2007, 07:33
in export_descr_unit.txt you'd add the line marked in bold:

type east heavy spearmen
dictionary east_heavy_spearmen ; east heavy spearmen ; spear CHECK IF SWORD TOO
category infantry
class spearmen
voice_type Medium_1
soldier east_heavy_spearmen, 40, 0, 1.3
officer barb_standard
attributes sea_faring, hide_forest
formation 1, 1, 2, 2, 4, square, shield_wall

Note that the barb_standard or whatever you put there has to have a corresponding entry in descr_model_battle.txt, with textures listed for the factions that are going to use it, in the same way as the soldier line does for the main part of the unit.

Aradan
08-25-2007, 12:21
And just adding that the limit is three officers and that elephants and chariots can't have them, in case you want to do that.

SSJVegetaTrunks
08-25-2007, 16:01
Does that make a general?

Aradan
08-25-2007, 16:42
What you mean is whether the limit of 3 officers includes a general? If yes, then the answer is no, the general is not counted as an officer.

SSJVegetaTrunks
08-25-2007, 17:18
What is an officer? Is it one of those guys in a unit that stands on the side and looks different? I've seen them in some units, mainly barbarian ones.

Makanyane
08-25-2007, 18:48
yep, they are normally used as a standard bearer so you'd assign a model that has flag instead of weapon I think (I don't know the modelling end) - you normally use fs_standard_bearer skeleton for them so they don't wave flag around like a weapon.

Its got nothing to do with captains or generals. Game assigns them in addition if unit is a bodyguard to a family member, or if the unit is the 'leader' of an army.