PDA

View Full Version : Latest PCZone with MTW review

DrNo
08-21-2002, 20:24
90%, not bad but some of comments in review lead me to believe the reviewer really hasn't played the game enough to appreciate the differences between STW and MTW.

Also there's a War & Peace movie file on there which is looking ok but probably not up to MTW quality and another half page preview of RTS 'American Conquest'.

Looks like the period after MTW will be taken care of, so what does that leave CA with... mmmm.... Pre Medieval, or maybe they will take on Microids and CDV and show them how it should be done http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

Funky Phantom
08-22-2002, 00:33
I also got the impression he'd hardly played it, it seemed very general and he didnt seem to appreciate the improvements and differences between MTW and STW...

I was hoping it would satisfy my curiosity until the game came out but im left feeling a bit cheated by it :\

DrNo
08-22-2002, 01:44
Glad it wasn't just my impression.

I think they have a downer on MTW as it wasn't their scoop, PCGamer got that.
PCZone's is C&C Generals so we will just have to see how they review that.

I don't know how they can only rate MTW 5% better than WC3, I would rate the demo alone better than WC3!

Lord Aeon
08-22-2002, 01:47
I have both, and believe me, WC3 is now a 50-dollar coaster to sit my beer on while i'm playing MTW.

But that's just me.

And i don't condone drinking.

------------------
"You have offended my family, and you have offended a Shaolin temple."

andrewt
08-22-2002, 01:52
I also have both and I would be playing Warcraft3 more if it weren't for the number of jackasses online playing that game. Sometimes, there is such a thing as too much customers.