PDA

View Full Version : Mounted unit's cards

Captn. James Crunch
09-01-2007, 18:45
How would I be able to make unit card for mounted units in 3ds max (as in with the unit seated on the horse)? I've tried it with the battle replay camera, but units just don't look as good as the 3ds max rendered ones.

Monkwarrior
09-02-2007, 20:08
How would I be able to make unit card for mounted units in 3ds max (as in with the unit seated on the horse)? I've tried it with the battle replay camera, but units just don't look as good as the 3ds max rendered ones.
These are examples of rendering with 3dsmax.
https://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h292/Monkwarrior/unidades-ITW/caballerias_lusas.jpg

In summary this is what I did:
- open the horse model, import one horse animation, choose the frame you like and save the 3dsmax scene
- new scene, open the rider model, import the animation you like, merge with the 3dsmax scene of the horse, put the horse in the right position respect to the rider, and finally render the image

I hope this helps you. :bow:

Ossie The Great
09-02-2007, 21:09
Monk warrior just a curriorus question, how did u get the backround white and not black:thinking2:

Monkwarrior
09-03-2007, 09:26
Monk warrior just a curriorus question, how did u get the backround white and not black:thinking2:
I have not 3dsmax installed in this computer, but I remember that there was an option in the rendering window/menu to put the background color as you want. I'll look this evening at home.

Captn. James Crunch
09-03-2007, 15:12
How do I import animations?? I've been manually moving all of the bones all this time ... :wall:

Monkwarrior
09-03-2007, 18:33
How do I import animations?? I've been manually moving all of the bones all this time ... :wall:
In the same way you import the cas files.
Once unpacked, the animations are in Data/animations folder and are composed by cas files.
In Tools (3dsmax) you have the option import cas or import animation. That's all.

I wrote some time ago a short tutorial for the Spanish forum of our clan.
http://www.celtiberos.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4939

In the last post you can find some images that explain the method to import animations. The images are clear enough to understand (although you don't speak Spanish).