PDA

View Full Version : Americas Campaign: Mayans

frogbeastegg
09-03-2007, 15:01
This topic is for the Mayan faction in Kingdoms expansion's Americas campaign.

Iavorios
09-05-2007, 15:32
Mayans are to easy, even on H/H. Wen i started the game, the first thing i did was to search for the Atzteks, so i could ally with them. The poor guys have so many problems, so they never go south, or east. But they are quite strong, so they can hold for a very long time against the spanish and all the rest. And since everybody hates them they will hold they allians with you almost to the end. This allows to conquer entire utacan for less then 25 turns, creating a strong empire of about 16 provinces. In fact wen i run out of rebels i had only 3border provinces, 1 was easily protected from the onother, both bordering the atzecs, and the other was east Vera Crus and the spanish.
The problem with the Mayans is that they dont develop more then minor city, so you should start your total war with enyone after no more then 35- 40 turns. And furthermore it is hard to hold the order in city with 22000 pop that way. There 2 naval invasions that may bi problem- from the spanish in ukatan, and english in the south-east end of the map, but they come later and are not so hard to beat of. A full stack of heavy infantry and spear militia, whit some war priests and hornet trowers will do quite well against a invading forces. So keep a full stack in Chetchen Itza end one in Sout east and that is it. In fact i find fighting Europeans not so hard. They mane weakness is the low unit size. And all your good units scare them, plus they have bonuses in the jungle, and my game style(total sacink and sacrifice of the prisoners) leeds to generals with allot of dread. The indians on the other hand are tough, and require some skill.

Rumpole
09-11-2007, 23:10
Also on H/H, I found the start very easy. I have wiped out the Spanish and Aztecs and made an alliance with the Tlaxcalans.

The resulting position is like WW1 trench warfare. The Tarascans, who get 10K extra per turn, have multiple stacks across the front line, a fortune in the bank, and enough cities to replace about one full stack per turn. Behind them are the Chichimecans, equally rich.

I think the winning strategy is to garrison my border towns and build up an enormous war chest. Then since I have more cities, I can build 2 units per turn in every city for a long time and win a war of attrition. How dull!

Shadow
09-15-2007, 17:26
I don't really know how you guys play but for my Mayan Campaign VH/VH. I have a hard time fighting New Spain. My spear militias can't hold against the conquistadors and my Jaguar Warriors have a really hard time with them too and usually lost a lot of men to them. Maybe is because the conquistadors are armored while my Jaguars are not and I usually win with a high casualty and still have a few of those bastards galloping off the field.

Rumpole
09-15-2007, 18:02
I never fought the Spanish. Someone else killed their faction leader and Spain went from #1 military to nonexistent.

At H/H I have had little trouble with the English as long as I outnumber them 3:1.

Getting the last 10 regions to reach 30 is a real pain. I am at 24 now, trying to wipe out the Tarascans while keeping alliances with the Apaches and Tlaxalans. I have so many troops that I am at about -8000 florins per turn, but as long as I can sack a city every three turns I break even. My opponents and allies, who benefit from extra cash each turn, each have a military about the size of mine. One backstab and I will not survive.

With no cavalry the Mayans are an uninteresting faction.

Gaius Terentius Varro
09-15-2007, 18:22
I don't really know how you guys play but for my Mayan Campaign VH/VH. I have a hard time fighting New Spain. My spear militias can't hold against the conquistadors and my Jaguar Warriors have a really hard time with them too and usually lost a lot of men to them. Maybe is because the conquistadors are armored while my Jaguars are not and I usually win with a high casualty and still have a few of those bastards galloping off the field.
They all have 2 HP that's the problem. I find a good spanish killer army is 16 spearmen/warriors and 3 priests combined with high dread general. You rush the army towards the spanish (not walk) send a few units on flanks running after the musketeers/crossbows while the rest smashes head on into spanish lines, then you stop the priests and the general just behind the pile up ad get the priests to chant = insta rout. As long as you keep your main force near the priests and neautralize (chase) muskets you'll always win due to 3 times the number of soldiers and dread factor lowering the already low morale of spanish troops (their best units have 11 morale yours 25)
You can use elite units with archer support but i tend to get "smart" when using them and suffer more casualties which are low with the rush max 15% Oh playing on VH battles.

Wishazu
09-16-2007, 02:14
On VH/VH I find Archers really usefull against european muskets. Generally I just gang all my archers up and shoot up one musket unit at a time. The rest of my army is 6 al hopop militia and 6 jaguar warriors. Al hopops are v.good against all european cav ive faced so far. Throw in a couple of units of priests and temple guard and your sitting pretty.

As for the actually campaign side of things Im finding the English a constant thorn in my side. Every time I beat of their new colonists almost immediately a new fleet with 2-3 more armies lands in the eastern provinces. I have almost no time for recruiting/retraining and have so far been unable to expand west further than the river. Spain was easy, the aztecs wiped them out before the 20th turn :)

Cadwallon
09-18-2007, 03:06
So long as I keep good with my neighbours to the north/west the Mayans have an easy time of it. I'm currently dealing with an English infestation approaching my souther/eastern border - and finding it quite easy. Use your numbers, jaguar warriors and temple guard and priests. Isolate and break up the English stacks so you outnumber them 2/3 to 1 and you should find it easy. Having played as the Apachean before, I'm not sure whether we finally get musket wielding warriors or not - but its still reasonably easy. Oh, and I'm playing on VH/VH. Is there any other way?

You can build up the economy relatively easily, and your army. Basically you have an area of rebel cities/towns to expand into for approx 20-30 turns before you have to fight. I'll deal with the English before they can get established, and then go north after the Spanish/French and other Mesoamericans.

seari
12-26-2007, 17:43
when do the English fleet appear and how many times will they an army ?

dark@hunter
12-30-2008, 09:19
i can beat new spain aztecs tlaxcalans and tarascans easily by using to many priest of kukulcan