PDA

View Full Version : Custom Battle - Strange Outcome

xenon123
09-07-2007, 00:35
New member here with a question about a custom battle I just played before watching the replay.

In the scenario I was Holy Roman Empire against a cpu opponent of Byzantines. I was playing for a scored outcome and though I wiped out the comps units, my losses caused it to be deemed a close defeat, since I had 2100 against approx 1950 enemy troops, and lost slightly more overall.

However upon viewing the replay, it showed Byzantine ( ie the cpu's army) destroying mine ... and the status bar beneath the HUD showed '100 % of allies destroyed.'

It was definitely my army that was left standing, as I was manoeuuvring them to pick off routing stragglers.

How can this discrepancy occur ?

Ramses II CP
09-07-2007, 03:12
Replays with large numbers of units are simply broken (Most of the time). :(

TevashSzat
09-08-2007, 03:23
Replays are quite bugged.

The game does not just capture a video of what you are viewing as that will take up an incredible amount of hard drive. Instead, it just remembers the AI orders and yours so it can refight the battle.

The problem here is that sometimes an unit routs because of a freak anomoly or you barely win an encounter because you were lucky in which when the commands are reissued again in the replay, you could have easily lost

Rhedd
09-08-2007, 04:17
Some of us here did some testing of replays, back when the latest patch came out.

It was found that replays worked perfectly fine.

I understand, however, that if you pause your game while playing a battle, the replay will be screwed up.