PDA

View Full Version : troubles with slave families

Makanyane
09-08-2007, 12:38
I'm noticing because I'm testing as slave faction that the game keeps giving the rebels new generals in the same city. If I make set up like vanilla with one family tree and a leader and a heir, then then as soon as leader has his quota of children the oldest child gets four, then one of his children gets four etc.. leading to a lot of slave generals appearing in the same city! Seems determined to give one general per turn.

Have tried not having faction leader assigned in strat and have tried multiple families in the relative section, but that doesn't make any difference.

If I take the relative line off the bottom of the slave strat section, they don't seem to get any new generals, which might be the option to go for but would leave them a bit weaker possibly later...

Is there any way anyone knows of to let them generate new generals but get them more evenly spread out over map?

Monkwarrior
09-08-2007, 15:15
I'm noticing because I'm testing as slave faction that the game keeps giving the rebels new generals in the same city. If I make set up like vanilla with one family tree and a leader and a heir, then then as soon as leader has his quota of children the oldest child gets four, then one of his children gets four etc.. leading to a lot of slave generals appearing in the same city! Seems determined to give one general per turn.

Have tried not having faction leader assigned in strat and have tried multiple families in the relative section, but that doesn't make any difference.

If I take the relative line off the bottom of the slave strat section, they don't seem to get any new generals, which might be the option to go for but would leave them a bit weaker possibly later...

Is there any way anyone knows of to let them generate new generals but get them more evenly spread out over map?
Do they appear in the first city of the rebel cities in descr_strat?
The game (at least RTW) considers this city as the rebel main city.

I was testing rebels without family, and each turn one new general appeared in the main city. This might be hardcoded to assure the existence of rebel generals, but I don't know if there is any method to spread the cities where they appear.

SSJVegetaTrunks
09-08-2007, 17:56
It could have something to do with the extremely low general to province ratio, since rebels usually have so many cities. Perhaps if you spread starting generals throughout the rebel cities, their children will stay in the city with them, so that if every rebel governor has a kid, he'll take over as governor when his father dies.

Makanyane
09-08-2007, 18:22
I've got a named character (general) in nearly every slave city - it doesn't seem to show any sign of stopping generating them when it gets to 1 per city equivalent. And they are all ending up as direct descendent of the slave faction leader either son - grandson - greatgrandson etc. so are ending up in city with him :wall: If they spread out evenly amongst different 'dads' I'd be happy...

@Monkwarrior, yes I've had version where they go to first city in settlement list as well during this (hadn't realised that was what it was till you said as the slave general in that was quite high starred I assumed it was just defaulting to him as leader.... oops)

Have just noticed it doesn't seem to be ending up with so many generals if I don't try playing as them - need to watch it in more detail and check that.... if it doesn't do it when AI controls them it wouldn't be a problem.