PDA

View Full Version : Rome

Benandorf
09-17-2007, 01:36
How early is it possible to take Rome and survive? I've tried it a couple times very quickly with both Julii and Brutii, and just can't seem to survive the wrath of the other romans.

And, a second question, is it worth it if you can take it early? I'm thinking, if you can not make any enemies with anyone else until you have all of Italy, it would make the rest of the game a cake-walk. And the civil war would be a lot faster.

Seamus Fermanagh
09-17-2007, 04:30
How early is it possible to take Rome and survive? I've tried it a couple times very quickly with both Julii and Brutii, and just can't seem to survive the wrath of the other romans.

And, a second question, is it worth it if you can take it early? I'm thinking, if you can not make any enemies with anyone else until you have all of Italy, it would make the rest of the game a cake-walk. And the civil war would be a lot faster.

I once had a campaign going where I managed to "save" Rome.

I had gifted Thermon to the SPQR, then used my diplomats to buy off a rather ridiculous number of Julii soldiers and that juciy SPQR starting army near Rome (leaderless briefly).

Gaul, fairly promptly, took them apart and conquered all the way down to but not including Capua. The Julii held Caralis only and the Scips were hammering away at Africa and Spain.

I then went back up from my old home bases in Croton and Tarentum and "rescued" the entire Peninsula -- receiving rewards from SPQR for my diligence in reconquering Italy. Funny how I newver quite got around to giving Rome back.....:devilish:

Patricius
09-20-2007, 12:44
I don't think other ai factions can besiege a Senatorial city. 1.1 and 1.2 to a small extent allows an early war if an assassination by you is discovered against the august Conscript Fathers of the Senate.