PDA

View Full Version : Fangs (Game concept)

Kagemusha
09-18-2007, 20:23
Fangs

Game concept

In this game there are three sides,on the other side a Vampire Count and Werewolf pack leader and on the other side four Vampire hunters. In the start of the game the rest of the players are villagers. The game ends in victory for Vampires when all the village has been turned into vampires or killed. For the werewolves if the whole village has been turned into werewolves and Village victory is achieved when all the vampires and werewolves are killed. During each day the town can lynch one person they believe is an vampire, during night phase Vampire can turn one townie into vampire or kill him/her. Same applies to werewolf. Vampire hunter can investigate one person whether he/she is an vampire or kill him/her. Townies can create protection/ killing groups of three townies that can kill/ protect one person during the night phase.

Roles

Vampire Count/Countess/ Vampire

Vampire Count is the original menace towards the town. He can either kill a single person per night phase, or bite an person thus turning that person into a vampire. That person can then during the next night phase kill/bite another person,thus spreading the vampire curse to the population of the village. Vampires cant turn werewolves and vice versa. In case that happens, nothing happen´s and vampires have to try to kill the werewolf the following night phase.The killing/ biting is done by sending a pm to the game leader.

Pack leader/ werewolf

Werewolf can either kill a single person per night phase, or bite an person thus turning that person into a werewolf. That person can then during the next night phase kill/bite another person,thus spreading the werewolf curse to the population of the village. Werewolves cant turn Vampires and vice versa. In case that happens, nothing happen´s and werewolves have to try to kill the vampire the following night phase.The killing/ biting is done by sending a pm to the game leader.

Vampire Hunter

Vampire hunter can investigate one possible vampire during the night phase,or kill one person he/she suspects as vampire.by sending a pm to the game leader.

Priest

Priest can protect one person during the night phase and cant be turned or killed by Werewolf or vampire.

Villager

Villager is a normal person who lives in the village. He/she can form a protection/ kill group with two other villagers during the night phase, to protect/kill an individual of their choosing, by sending a pm to the game leader.

Special role

There could be an special role, but ofcourse its not revealed,what it will be.

Lynch Voting

Lynch voting happends normally like in most mafia games in form of example: Vote Kagemusha

This is just the start of the concept and the game will not start before i get my turn. The thread is here for developing the idea further if anyone has splendid ideas. So no signing in yet!

Warmaster Horus
09-18-2007, 20:31
Huh, well how about that. You and I have had the same idea for a mafia game. I placed myself in the Large Queue for a game called "Nosferatu", which would have been rather similar to yours. However, I've got a little twist yet.

Sigurd
09-18-2007, 20:42
Get your behinds into the chat... This game is undergoing brainstorming at the moment.

Kagemusha
09-18-2007, 20:51
Updated the post,by adding werewolves to the game.:painting:

Warmaster Horus
09-18-2007, 21:26
And that differentiates our games completely, then... Except for the fact they're mafia.

Anyway, good luck finding other ideas. Don't make it too complex, however.

Kagemusha
09-18-2007, 21:49
And that differentiates our games completely, then... Except for the fact they're mafia.

Anyway, good luck finding other ideas. Don't make it too complex, however.

Thanks.I will try to keep it simple enough.:sweatdrop:

Zain
09-19-2007, 02:42
Like I just posted in the T-Virus thread, let's look at this at a realistic standpoint.

You have a village with a vampire/werewolf hunter who can investigate people they believe is a menace (which from now on is "vampire/werewolf") I suppose that they do this through PMs and can choose to kill the person they investigate?

Then you have the father of all vampires, which get to bite or kill anyone else during the night phase. If they choose to bite the werewolf person, or the priest, their PM for that night doesn't count. Is that correct? If they bite a villager that villager is converted and he becomes another vampire.

This is one issue I'm having...

Once a character is bitten they have the virus, meaning they get to bite/kill a character during Night phase as well. Is that correct? If so then the poor villagers will be quickly over-run by a menace race of their side. Which it will eventually become just a war between the menace races. I believe that more hunters are needed to keep the game balanced enough to hold down the menace races. They will tend to spread like wildfire.

Also, what if a person who starts out as a villager and turns into a menace remains loyal to the village? Will they be given the information on other members of their race? What will that result in? I know, a self-destructing race. I don't know how to make that work though... I'll wait on your response.

The menaces will be living under-cover and can be lynched like regular characters correct? If so, lynching the doctor will be a big mistake. Haha, funny plot twist.

Basically this is mafia, but the mafia can convert regulars into mafia.

Either way, let me know what you think of my observations. :2thumbsup:

Myrddraal
09-19-2007, 17:21
Also, what if a person who starts out as a villager and turns into a menace remains loyal to the village?

Conversions always rely on people playing with the spirit of the game. If you get converted, your allegiance switches, if it doesn't you don't just loose you might spoil the game for others.

Zain
09-19-2007, 17:40
That's my point. I'm afraid we'll have some spoilers....

Unless it's an "invitation only" game or something.

I don't know.

shlin28
09-19-2007, 17:54
In the Heinekin mafia one guy got converted, and he didn't tell the townies, so I don't think spoilers are gonna be a problem...

Zain
09-19-2007, 18:00
Ah, alright, either way we can get a moderator to delete posts that reveal anything if someone betrays.

Kagemusha
09-19-2007, 18:03
Zain,it really doesnt matter.The conversion of players just add to the paranoia. A guy who you knew was a good and on villageĀ“s side,last turn,could turn to evil right next turn.:yes:

Zain
09-19-2007, 21:41
Okay, when is this going to kick off?

Andres
09-20-2007, 12:47
Okay, when is this going to kick off?

Not very soon. Check the mafia hosting queue :yes:

Zain
09-20-2007, 12:49
Oh well, I can wait.

I've been thinking of hosting my own game, like the T-Virus one by Myrddraal, but with a different story. But I'm going to see how these kind work properly before I do mine.

How ya doin Andres?