PDA

View Full Version : Cataloging

Magister Militum Titus Pullo
09-19-2007, 20:29
I've only found out about Invasio Barbarorum today. And I was thinking if you people had any plans of setting up an online list of units and their details for from this mod, not unlike the regular EB? Also, I look forward to enjoying this mod the first chance I get. It looks really stylish.

Mylae
09-19-2007, 21:40
thank you.

a "unit list" could be a good idea, but we are working on the next version - so is better to make it in a future phase.

Magister Militum Titus Pullo
09-20-2007, 11:38
Thanks. I was wondering also if the faction family members and generals would have their religions and ethnicities listed among their traits? I mean that the Romans in this period were among the most ethnically diverse cultures. And the Vandals, since their exodus from Germany, and then from Hispania Baetica more than twenty years later, were often accompanied by Alans, Sweboz and others. As for religion, in vanilla B.I., I would always favour some form of paganism over Christianity.

Mylae
09-21-2007, 11:53
the ethnicity traits will hopefully be included in the next version- i could anticipate just a thing to you, maybe: romans for instance will have a family tree of nationality that will involve their wifes too (i think families and their ethnicity is composed by a father and a mother, and their sons will be affected obviously); romans too will differ in 13 "base" roman ethnicities, plus 15 other "base" ethnicities. sassanids can even match them with their 18 "base" but only 7 other "base" ethnicities.
not to count the different barbarian ethnicities, neither the local ones, this system will be as complex as to triplicate itself in a first, a second and a third generation of traits. Maybe this is not clear, so i'm giving an example: in case of a constant nationality from one side of the family, they will assume then different traits in different generation.
to pose more clearly: if a Visigoth in roman service marries a roman wife, their son will be regarded as an half-blood (is correct in english?) if he will marry again a roman wife, his son will be a roman of visigoth descent. if he - finally - marries a roman wife again, his son is a proper, normal roman.

obviously, not all wifes are roman, so you can imagine how things will mix up. :D

As you can see, there is an huge amount of work not only for traits, but also for the triggering of them, so it will take a long time.