PDA

View Full Version : help with ~ commands

madmatg
09-30-2007, 07:11
is there a thread somewhere around here that explains all or most of the ~ commands, as i would love to spend some of my greek money on Lusotanians, but only to buy them ships! also i would like to give Casse ships to see if they will use them!

thanks
Matt

bovi
09-30-2007, 08:44
http://www.cheatingdome.com/pc/11270.htm

Omanes Alexandrapolites
09-30-2007, 08:49
Hi madmatg,
You may also be interested in this list contained here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local_links.php?action=jump&id=479&catid=19). Not all of the commands work though, so don't be dishartened if any fail.
Hope this helps, good luck, cheers!

madmatg
09-30-2007, 09:53
i may be an idiot but i need a lil more help with those commands, for example
it says
"create_unit" to create a unit you specify
but what the heck do i type after that?
where does faction go? where does unit go? does the unit go by the greek name? or english name?
if someoen could just write an example of creating a unit for an AI faction that would be wonderful, thx for yalls help so far

bovi
09-30-2007, 10:03
You can see examples of many of the commands in the EBBS_Script.txt.

madmatg
09-30-2007, 10:09
ah thank ya much

Janius
09-30-2007, 11:14
This might help you:

Add units to the army of Gaivs Sextvs Cotta, by opening the console and entering the following:

create_unit "Gaivssextvs Cotta", "roman infantry legionary cohort i" 3 4 2 1

-> 3 units of Cohors Reformata will spawn in Cotta's army, each will have a single silver chevron, "silver" armour and "bronze" weapons.

Quick explanation of the code:

"Gaivssextvs Cotta" -> Characters name, Gaivs and Sextvs
have to be joined together. Sextvs has no capital letter.
You could also use a settlements name instead of a characters name.

"roman infantry legionary cohort i" -> The unit label, this can be found
in the "export_units.txt" file. Don't use '_' !!!

3 4 2 1 -> 3 units / 4 chevrons / 2 armourupgrades / 1 weaponsupgrade.

Don't forget to place a "," between the name and the unit label !!!

move_character "Captain Jvlivsappvlivs" 2,48

Explanation of the code:

"Captain Jvlivsappvlivs" -> The characters name with Jvlivs and Appvlivs
joined together. Appvlivs has no capital letter.

2,48 -> x and y coordinates of a tile on the campaignmap.

madmatg
09-30-2007, 19:57
ah thank you sir i think i have been missing the comma in my attempts at doing this! this was just what i needd!

madmatg
09-30-2007, 20:08
ok so i tried it but it keeps giving me unit not recognized
http://madmatg.googlepages.com/code.JPG

is there something special to be done for ships or ports? or am i just typing the names wrong?
i got the ship name straight from the "type" in desc_unit. and made sure it was a briton ship
any help? i am an idiot! :wall::dizzy2:

bovi
09-30-2007, 21:44
You need quotes I think:

create_unit Chersonesos "eastern missile thanvare payahdag" 4

Also, I'm not sure you can spawn ships in settlements.

madmatg
10-01-2007, 03:36
bovi it is as you say the "" worked but it said cant spawn ship in settlement, does anyone know if there is any name for a cities docks? so i could put that in instead of the city name?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
10-01-2007, 06:31
You just have to build ships, I don't think there is a way to cheat to get them. You could try making one ship then using

create_unit "Admiral Whatever" "ship name" 5 1 1 1

madmatg
10-01-2007, 07:31
so how can i make a ship for another faction? im trying to give casse a navy in my game as KH

Janius
10-01-2007, 20:14
You could add a line at the beginning of the EB-script, to let a casse ship span, then you could add some ships to it via the console.
After this, you save the game, exit it and change the script back to its original form.

Just a quick idea that pops in my head :book:

madmatg
10-02-2007, 04:57
just one more thing and i think it will work! how do i figure out the coordinates for different locations on the map?

edit: specifically the british coast

this is what i have come up with on first try but it gives a CTD, i guestimated the x and y for the sea near the north ireland city, and i'm also guessing about well, abouteverything so any pointers would be apprectiated :D thanks

spawn_army
faction britons
character Barney, admiral, command 2, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 20, x 41, y 202
unit generic ship poeni penterai, hellenistic_infantry_daernaght_pantodapoi, 13, 0, 1
unit generic ship poeni penterai, hellenistic_infantry_daernaght_pantodapoi, 13, 0, 1
end

bovi
10-02-2007, 07:20
show_cursorstat : shows the cursor position and region id

Get the console down and point where you want the fleet to go, then type this command to get the coordinate.

madmatg
10-02-2007, 07:43
EWW thank you

bovi
10-02-2007, 07:50
EWW? What does that mean?

madmatg
10-02-2007, 10:03
like ewww ahhhhh like a fireworks show

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
10-02-2007, 18:44
Do the Casse have the character name 'Barney'?

madmatg
10-02-2007, 19:39
probly not, i feel i am in way over my head lol
i'll add barney as a character name in the character file