PDA

View Full Version : Time for a change

CrazyGuy
10-02-2007, 13:44
I've decided that it's time for a change;

Bearing in mind that i'm on a budget would it be better to buy Barbarian Invasions or spend £10 more and buy MTW2?

Which game would I be playing in a years time?

americancaesar
10-02-2007, 14:01
BI, but only if you like the fall of Rome/Dark Age era. Most people that dont care for this period tend not to see the replay value in the game.

Charge
10-02-2007, 14:09
Of cause M2TW! BI is a just simple addon. You wont playing it for long as RTW. M2 with latest patch should be pretty fine, there are many mods already maked for it, and in future EB2 :2thumbsup: , but you should know sys requirements...

Fate
10-02-2007, 15:45
It really all dpends on if you need ot upgrade your system for M2.

Either way, its worth getting BI just for a quick flick through.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
10-02-2007, 17:00
Hi CrazyGuy,
In my opinion, you would be better off buying M:TW VI should you want a game you still will be wanting to play in several years time - many R:TW players have found M2:TW tiresome, and bugged, and haven't played it for any longer than a few weeks. This may improve over time as some aspects of it are fixed, but, as far as I know, the CA is forcing the M2:TW players to buy Kingdoms to gain any further patch support.

M:TW is, almost indefinitely, more playable than R:TW. It's indepth and immerse features, which include treason, detailed rebellions and a wider variety of strategic options, have gone unmatched in any of the later titles. The AI is also commonly considered to present much more of challenge, and it seems to be much wiser in making it's choices.

On the other hand, it is much less accessible, and the at first awkward controls do require a large amount of getting used to should you be a typical RTS player. In addition the graphics aren't as high quality as Rome or Medieval II's, quite alot of the game is 2D, but, as long as you don't care too much about the eye-candy side of things, it presents no real problem.

Hope this helps, good luck, cheers!

Aradan
10-02-2007, 22:36
Being totally obhective I'd say BI. You'd be better off bying this now, fully patched and with several developed mods already out for it, and buy M2TW later, at a relatively smaller price, along with its expansion that will hopefully solve some of its more-than-enough bugs and when even more mods will be out (and currently released ones will be even better).

My 2 cents anyway.