PDA

View Full Version : The most horrific room-mate story ever

Mikeus Caesar
10-18-2007, 12:02
Just spent twenty minutes reading this, it's a biggy, so make sure you have the time, but it's well worth it. Pretty horrific as well.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=28326496&sid=1

Anyone got any stories to equal this? I doubt it, but it could be interesting.

Navaros
10-18-2007, 12:36
Making up a bunch of fake gibberish - like the "story" linked to in the OP is - isn't hard and isn't an achievement.

Mikeus Caesar
10-18-2007, 16:00
Making up a bunch of fake gibberish - like the "story" linked to in the OP is - isn't hard and isn't an achievement.

You never know - maybe it has a basis in truth and has been excagurated for dramatic effect?

Even so, it's an entertaining story.

The Wizard
10-18-2007, 16:47
I think I first read this two years ago. To put it in terms you and I can understand, Mikeus: age

CrossLOPER
10-18-2007, 18:53
I loved it!

Geoffrey S
10-18-2007, 18:59
Even so, it's an entertaining story.
No it isn't. I agree with Navaros.

atheotes
10-18-2007, 19:18
Just some madeup rubbish by someone who is not particularly good at writing and too much time to spare.

Fragony
10-18-2007, 20:04
Time to spare when not playing World of Worldcraft, it becomes an completily different thing when you look more closily.

JimBob
10-18-2007, 21:30
Here at my lovely school there were two roommates, one of whom was a wee bit off. We shall call this person Jane. Her roommate we'll call Sarah. Sarah wanted to be nice so she tried to be sociable with Jane. They decided to get a pet rabbit to share, something nice to do together. Winter break came along and Sarah asked Jane to take care of the rabbit over winter break because she was leaving the country. Jane agreed. Jane left the rabbit in the room with some lettuce and a note telling it to clean up after itself, because "rabbits are smart animals". Sarah returned from abroad to find the room covered in rabbit feces and a half starved rabbit on the floor. When she confronted Jane about it Jane tried to cut herself with a butter knife while blasting Linkin Park.

But then I'm at a tiny little liberal arts school in the corn fields. We let crazies in because they're 'diverse'.

CrossLOPER
10-18-2007, 22:04
No it isn't. I agree with Navaros.

Just some madeup rubbish by someone who is not particularly good at writing and too much time to spare.

I'm waiting to see anything remotely entertaining written by any of you.

Honestly, did you expect to find a great work of literature when you clicked that link? Lighten up people.

Faust|
10-18-2007, 22:17
Yeahhhh... I don't think so. We already have our share of pretentious aspiring novelists who don't know they're bad writers, thank you.

I usually get some perverse enjoyment out of roommate stories. This has just... such bad taste! The author :daisy: on what is easily an engaging topic, for sure.

CrossLOPER
10-19-2007, 00:12
Yeahhhh... I don't think so. We already have our share of pretentious aspiring novelists who don't know they're bad writers, thank you.
My point.

Geoffrey S
10-19-2007, 00:22
I'm waiting to see anything remotely entertaining written by any of you.

Honestly, did you expect to find a great work of literature when you clicked that link? Lighten up people.
Hey, next time I see you commenting on politics around the backroom I'll remember to ask when you last ran a country; otherwise quite clearly you couldn't have an opinion on such matters. :laugh4:

Expecting a great work of literature? No. That doesn't make the linked text a less puerile, let alone extremely poorly written waste of tme.

Ice
10-19-2007, 00:41
Haha, that was entertaining.

CrossLOPER
10-19-2007, 02:36
Hey, next time I see you commenting on politics around the backroom I'll remember to ask when you last ran a country; otherwise quite clearly you couldn't have an opinion on such matters. :laugh4:
Clearly, you have provided a comparable example. Good for you.

Expecting a great work of literature? No. That doesn't make the linked text a less puerile, let alone extremely poorly written waste of tme.
I'm not going to defend the link, as it's not really worth it. That therein is the point, mind you. It was posted to be mildly amusing amateur work for those who needed to pass the time. For you to imply "THAT'S NOTHING I CAN DO BETTER" kind of makes it seem that you feel as if you've been outdone somehow.

Geoffrey S
10-19-2007, 02:43
How you got that out of me echoing Navaros' sentiment of it being fake gibberish and no achievement is beyond me. 'Outdone'? Right, whatever you say. Again, I'm looking forward to seeing you justifying giving your opinion on pretty much any subject if that's your view of criticism...

CrossLOPER
10-19-2007, 03:02
How you got that out of me echoing Navaros' sentiment of it being fake gibberish and no achievement is beyond me. 'Outdone'? Right, whatever you say. Again, I'm looking forward to seeing you justifying giving your opinion on pretty much any subject if that's your view of criticism...
OK, look. I was reading the post and personally found it amusing. Not good, but amusing.

Then out comes Navaros and proceeds to point out that the story "isn't an achievement". Who said it was? I don't understand why everyone was so riled up over something that was probably copy-pasta'd to death years ago. You can hate the story, no one will light your house on fire for doing so. I am just surprised that everyone decided to gang up on it as if it had been submitted to an international literary convention and won honors.

However, that is the way of the Org, isn't it?

Ice
10-19-2007, 05:06
OK, look. I was reading the post and personally found it amusing. Not good, but amusing.

Then out comes Navaros and proceeds to point out that the story "isn't an achievement". Who said it was? I don't understand why everyone was so riled up over something that was probably copy-pasta'd to death years ago. You can hate the story, no one will light your house on fire for doing so. I am just surprised that everyone decided to gang up on it as if it had been submitted to an international literary convention and won honors.

I tend to agree. No one is forcing you to read it. I found it rather amusing.

naut
10-19-2007, 05:55

QFT.

Geoffrey S
10-19-2007, 11:50
The opening post invites people to read the text, and I am perfectly entitled to say what I think of it after having read (a large part of) it, as is Navaros.

'Gang up on' and 'hate' the story? Feeling 'outdone'? Quite frankly, the only person getting riled up around here appears to be you.

Husar
10-19-2007, 12:14
I didn't find it worth my time so I didn't read it but I agree it's nothing to get worked up over.

Navaros has a perfectly valid opinion, my own opinion is just that the way he presents it makes him look worse than the guy who posted a story to entertain others, however bad the story was. ~D

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dYpnd_9TFs

CrossLOPER
10-19-2007, 16:42
The opening post invites people to read the text, and I am perfectly entitled to say what I think of it after having read (a large part of) it, as is Navaros.

'Gang up on' and 'hate' the story? Feeling 'outdone'? Quite frankly, the only person getting riled up around here appears to be you.

OK, I'll settle for assuming that people here enjoy using their advanced lingual skills, not settling for and going beyond "I don't like it". Whatever.

To get back on topic (or try to anyway) I'll give my story.

I had a relatively calm assignment. My own roommate was very quiet and kept to himself. However, there were other people on my hall that did not fit that description.

One guy, let's call him Jack, decided that it was appropriate to let loose a loud, random cackle every single day. It could be heard all the way down the hall. It did not bother me much later in the year, but I found it unnerving during my first month or so.

Another lovely child, Adam shall be his name, collected little girls' dresses and hung them on his closet door, apparently situated to be clearly visible when the door to his room was open.

Sam would do sit-ups in the hall while on his cell phone. This was not in anyway unusual in itself. However, if you happened to make eye contact with him, he would prop himself up and stare you down until you retreated back into your room. He shared his room with Adam.

I can't remember any more at this time, but I'll post more if I do.