PDA

View Full Version : Ligurian Infantry

Fearless Samnite
10-22-2007, 23:21
Description says they carry both a spear and a shortsword

yet the model only lets them use a spear

also noticed that the calvary have chainmail armor
and the infantry don't but their armor stat reflects this so it was probablly meant to be

but in anycase
so the shortswords... please oh please

:horn: :viking:

Moros
10-23-2007, 01:58
We'll have a look at the sword/spear thingy.
thanks for notifying!

Spoofa
10-23-2007, 02:51
most units that say they carry swords dont, like Classical Hoplites and such.

Iustinus
10-23-2007, 04:21
After reading the website description of the Gaemile Liguriae, I had a few questions.

First, from what source do we know that the Ligures inhaled the incense of an unknown herb before battle? I'd be really interested to read it! (Sounds like the herb could be Acorus calamus to me)

Second, on the statues of Ligurian nobles from Gaul (I know very little about this) -- why do they have to have been "refugees" that fled Italy? Why couldn't they have been natives of southern Gaul, as every source I've read says the Ligures also lived in the southeast of Gaul (and even possibly as far as Iberia....)

Third, and I'm not sure of this because I haven't seen the models, and this is no big deal -- weren't the Ligures described to have had long hair? I don't remember what source I read that in but will try to find it.

Thank you so much for including these warriors, I can't wait till the day I can get a computer good enough to play E.B. and recruit from Liguria!!

Thanks so much,

Iustinus

different_13
10-23-2007, 10:15
The spears/swords thing is probably because they use javelins.. It's only possible for a unit to have two animations, right?
(which is why Parthian Catathrapts have a kontos, mace, but also a bow modeled onto them that they can't use)

Watchman
10-23-2007, 12:22
Far as I can tell yeah. There's only space for two attcks on any unit, and since the Ligurians already have a javelin and a spear...

If you look around the models, there's a whole lot of units with "decorative" swords, bows etc. modeled onto them but as such useless due to that pesky engine limitation.

overweightninja
10-23-2007, 12:26
The spears/swords thing is probably because they use javelins.. It's only possible for a unit to have two animations, right?
(which is why Parthian Catathrapts have a kontos, mace, but also a bow modeled onto them that they can't use)

:yes:
That is correct.