PDA

View Full Version : About the GWB poll

Tristuskhan
10-25-2007, 22:48
Hey Lemur, what a brutal end to this thread in the frontroom! I was waiting to be explained a statistics method, did not want to talk about politics at all, my friend!

Kralizec
10-25-2007, 22:51
Hey Lemur, what a brutal end to this thread in the frontroom! I was waiting to be explained a statistics method, did not want to talk about politics at all, my friend!

I agree, it's all the fault of that dirty prosimian ~:angry:

Tristuskhan
10-25-2007, 22:52
but well, I really fail to see how statistics could be used on this thread's bases....

edit: I'd like Vuk Brankovic to explain how he could get statistics from a poll with a single question including only two answers, negative and positive.

Lemur
10-25-2007, 23:09
I know it's startling to get the axe, but Beirut was right. Politics, octosquids and religion all belong back here with the weirdos. There's a reason they call the Frontroom the kingdom of peace and love.

woad&fangs
10-25-2007, 23:11
Am I the only one who thinks it is weird that the leader of the Kingdom of Peace and love has strict censorship laws and enforces them with a big axe?

Tristuskhan
10-25-2007, 23:12
Agreed, Lemur.... What I want to know now is the purpose of that poll. The only thing we could have "discovered" is that the majority of the Russians dislike GWB, same for the french, same for south Africans, same for Pakistanese, same for Inuits, same for.... even the majority of US citizens seem to dislike GWB, so what's the point?

edit: @Waldinger, don't you know Beirut is working in forestry? An axe is just a working tool. I know that very well, I use one everyday for peacefull purpose too!

Beirut
10-25-2007, 23:49
I know it's startling to get the axe, but Beirut was right. Politics, octosquids and religion all belong back here with the weirdos. There's a reason they call the Frontroom the kingdom of peace and love.

We do octosquids. (I think we do anyway.)

Am I the only one who thinks it is weird that the leader of the Kingdom of Peace and love has strict censorship laws and enforces them with a big axe?

The leader of The Kingdom of Peace & Love does not use an axe. He uses his mind and a pen and studies medicine.

As for strict censorship laws, I prefer to think of the rules as a safety net for patrons who wish to participate in threads that are neither hostile, nor confrontational. The Frontroom is a flame free, troll free forum where the lighter and tastier subjects may be explored in a friendly environment. :bow:

Louis VI the Fat
10-26-2007, 00:06
Tristus, Beirut the tree feller and not Lemur the tree dweller closed the thread. Vuk has a statistics class, for which he came up with this poll. That's the purpose of that poll. I don't think Vuk intended to judge anybody's opinion about Bush.

Beirut, it's all none of my business, and maybe you and Vuk are already engaged in some PM discussion about it, but I believe Vuk put up his poll for a school assignment of some sort. Maybe you can move his thread to the Backroom so the lad can get his poll results for his class?

[Vuk:] 'In my statistics class, we are studying the misconceptions people have of other countries and their rulers, and the opinion gaps that are formed.'

Papewaio
10-26-2007, 02:57

The other option involves a large tub of lard, a large stick and a whole lot of umm 'loving'. :dizzy2: I'll take the axe. :laugh4:

Whacker
10-26-2007, 03:03
@ Louis VI the Fat

I would submit, kind sir, that while doing such a poll for a statistics class is all well and good (and even interesting, for us stat types), the subject chosen is perhaps a rather volatile one that would probably lead us down the dark path that forever dominates the backroom's destiny. If it were something else of a much lighter topic, it'd probably be fine. As it stands it's probably better suited for the backroom, IMHO.

Edit - Nvm, just saw your suggestion. Ignore me!

@ Papester

You forgot the following items sir: large mop, large thermos, saran-wrap, trash bags, and duct-tape. Not that I would know..... *cough*

:balloon2:

Banquo's Ghost
10-26-2007, 06:05
Actually chaps, questions about policy or moderator decisions should go to the Watchtower (or Backroom Watchtower for queries about this place).

There, everyone can offer an opinion and thrash out a solution. Not all members have, or want, access to the Backroom.

May I suggest pursuing any concerns over there?

:closed: