PDA

View Full Version : Free Executable Creation Software?

CountArach
10-26-2007, 02:16
Hey, I was wondering if there was any good, reliable executable creation freeware? I need it for a mod I am working on for another game. High compression would be good, but isn't necessary.

Thanks.

Whacker
10-26-2007, 02:32
:inquisitive:

Ermm... What exactly are you trying to do and accomplish?

professorspatula
10-26-2007, 02:45
Perhaps he means he wants to be able to compress his mod into a nice .exe file that the user can run and install the mod with.

Most compression programs should offer the option to create an executable file. WinRar, Winzip and 7zip seem popular. There are also a fair few installers too I'd imagine. There's one by the ClickTeam: http://www.clickteam.com/eng/installcreator.php

Not sure if that's what the original poster has in mind, but that's my guess anyway.

Papewaio
10-26-2007, 02:48
Hey, I was wondering if there was any good, reliable executable creation freeware?

The bible if you are a fundamentalist...

Whacker
10-26-2007, 02:53
The bible if you are a fundamentalist...

Somewhere, right now, Gregoshi has shed a tear of joy and pride and has absolutely no idea why.

@ spatula city representative - Props mate, didn't even think about anything like that as what CA was looking for (if that's what he meant, probably).

CountArach
10-26-2007, 03:40
Yeah I was wondering about an Install file. Thanks, professorspatula, that looks like what I am interested in.

And lol @ Papewaio! :2thumbsup: