PDA

View Full Version : Announcing: Interactive History VI

Kraxis
10-27-2007, 14:06
Yes, I'm back for yet another round of hard work, long hours, endless fun and supreme inspiration.

Let it be known that there are reasons for my long absence. I am sorry that I haven't told anyone of this, but it was something that grew slowly out of the cold, until one day I couldn't turn back.
Also, while I am here, I'm not here in the same sense as previously, at least I don't think so. Not yet...

Now to the matter at hand, the new IH.

The title this time won't relate to either a famous person, nor worldaffecting situations and decisions. It is to a single unknown person.

Interactive History VI: Warrior's Ambition

There are circumstances around 'the warrior' I won't yet reveal, but let's just say he is connected to a previous IH. I have chosen the grand Eastern Front once again because of the very varied options you get picking it. That part of history is filled with many turningpoints, with innovation, with horrible acts as well as noble ones... Nothing can ever truly be set in stone relating to it. Besides there is another reason for that choice, 'the warrior's' relation to another IH.

It will be in third person this time. I found it was hard to create a personality in second person... Little wonder second person is so relatively unused by authors. It limits the writing. However it also has benefits, it draws the reader in, the writer writes specifically to the reader. But now I hope to expand a little, to perhaps see events from different views than the single main character.

Also, this IH will move away from the grand decisions and warchanging options, instead it will relate to smaller scales. Impacts can of course be made, but winning the war is, at the moment, outside the capabilities of the main character. But perhaps he can rise to the challenge?

Marshal Murat
10-27-2007, 14:36
How about a German company commander pushing on Leningrad?

1. It involves infantry, something often forgotten in modern combat.
2. Leningrad, the key to north.

Whoo Kraxis interactive.

King Kurt
10-27-2007, 18:21
Kraxis my friend - so good to see you back - the return of the master. I look forward to playing as an active part as ever in your wonderful tales.:2thumbsup:
It sounds as if life has been tough recently - I hope that is behind you now.

Csargo
10-27-2007, 18:36
Welcome back Kraxis! I'm looking forward to this. :2thumbsup:

Rodion Romanovich
10-27-2007, 20:07
Yay, nice to see you back, and you couldn't have chosen a better time to start an IH :grin: , I was as a matter of fact thinking as late as only a few days ago: how nice if there would be another of these :balloon: ! :2thumbsup:

Kraxis
10-27-2007, 21:58
Thank you...

Nice to feel appreciated.:yes:

I won't say much about the story as of yet. I like to keep the few little ohh-moments to myself. In IH stories they are desperately few, so no point in ruining what little there is. :magnify:
They will also be better in the story... At least I hope so.

Caius
10-27-2007, 22:16
Welcome back Kraxis. Dont reply to the Pm I wrote in May, RoC2 is over. Sadly. I will look forward to it.

Franconicus
10-27-2007, 22:23
Yes, I'm back for yet another round of hard work, long hours, endless fun and supreme inspiration.

Oh what joy! Never thought this would happen in my old days! You know, Kraxis, those young guys that tried to copy your style - they do know nothing about hard work :cry:

I am ready ! Let`s start!!

Flavius Clemens
10-28-2007, 15:43
the return of the master. I look forward to playing as an active part as ever in your wonderful tales.:2thumbsup:

and

"Oh what joy! Never thought this would happen in my old days! You know, Kraxis, those young guys that tried to copy your style - they do know nothing about hard work"

seconded. :applause:

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
10-28-2007, 15:54
This will be Intersting! :beam:

Kagemusha
10-30-2007, 23:27
And the father of all IH´s return.This is great news Kraxis!:2thumbsup:

IrishArmenian
10-31-2007, 00:11
Sounds good! I am anxious!

AntiochusIII
10-31-2007, 01:46
He's back! He's back! The King is back!

:2thumbsup:

Kraxis
11-01-2007, 00:33
:beam:

I forgot to mention I will be changing the rules a little bit... Well, I will be changing them a little bit more.

I have assigned the 'warrior' a personality. And at times options will appear that will conflict with his personality. These might seem perfectly rational or even the famous 'right' choice, however we all know making choices that go against our personality is a really hard thing, and if we do it too much we might begin to doubt ourselves... Eventually it can even lead to selfloathing.

As you can see, a conflicting choice will have the chance to be a very bad one. So it is important that you also read the personality to avoid any problems of that kind.

The reason for this is simple enough. I have found that my previous characters were somewhere between bland and 'perfect'. Sure the Admiral had real issues with paranoia and schizophrenia, but he was good at heart and in general a nice person... He didn't act out, he didn't have flaws, he didn't have redeeming traits. He (and 'Manstein' for that matter) never really had problems, or faced choices that were hard on the soul.

Bah, it is hard to explain. But their cleanness never left any options for disaster.

Of course, should a conflicting choice be made, the character will do his best to act it out, he will have a reason to do it, and he will try to convince himself. But he can never change his own personality.
Don't fear however, that I am funneling your down a beaten path, these choices will not be there all too often. They will come to add some spice... We all know how disasters in these stories make people fret and jump about... Looking for blame, soulsearching ect. And challenges are more fun for all parts I think.:2thumbsup:

Csargo
11-01-2007, 02:56
Very interesting little twist Kraxis. I really can't wait for this to start.

CountArach
11-01-2007, 06:37
Yes throwing Moral questions into it should make it interesting.

Stig
11-01-2007, 08:12
Wowa, Tarrak, now there's someone I've been missing at The Pond and AO. What on earth have you been doing? Do you Danes fight secret wars and did they need a strategist? Speaking of that, we did drop to #5 in the clanrating, so we could use you again :laugh4:

Peasant Phill
11-01-2007, 09:36
Man, I didn't read or participate in interactives for a while because I have very little time. But for a true Kraxis interactive, I would make time any day. The finaly of 'the duel of the sea' still gives me a warm feeling.

Kraxis
11-01-2007, 19:25
Wowa, Tarrak, now there's someone I've been missing at The Pond and AO. What on earth have you been doing? Do you Danes fight secret wars and did they need a strategist? Speaking of that, we did drop to #5 in the clanrating, so we could use you again :laugh4:
Shhh! :quiet:
Don't blow my cover... They don't want me to blurt out our threepronged attackplan for... *gasp*

I quit AO for another reason. Took too much time, was too important with times and all that. I have also stopped playing Hattrick for the same reason. I just didn't like that I couldn't shelf it for some time when I wanted to. You could say it was stressful :laugh4:.

Stig
11-01-2007, 19:43
Heh, you can shelf AO ... I went from 4 24hours to about 1 weekly :laugh4:
Need to take the dust of once a week tho ... plus I don't want to annoy Chris

Warluster
11-02-2007, 10:13
Good to see you back Kraxis!

I am supremely interested to see Era/Story of this IH. From the title I am guessing it is Pre-Gun era. Perhaps Medieval...

Kraxis
11-03-2007, 13:56
Good to see you back Kraxis!

I am supremely interested to see Era/Story of this IH. From the title I am guessing it is Pre-Gun era. Perhaps Medieval...
Good to see the interest, but I think you were perhaps a little too eager? I mentioned specifically what timeperiod it will be in my first post.~;p

Csargo
11-03-2007, 17:29
I assumed it would be WWI Eastern Front

woad&fangs
11-06-2007, 15:54
I love WWI history.

So Kraxis, word around the .Org is that you're pretty good at these things. You can count on me to be an avid reader of this IH.

Rodion Romanovich
11-06-2007, 18:47
Good to see the interest, but I think you were perhaps a little too eager? I mentioned specifically what timeperiod it will be in my first post.~;p
I hope the "time period" of the first chapter release will be very soon ~:) :yes: :balloon2: :jumping:

Flavius Clemens
11-06-2007, 19:50
If it's Eastern Front and has a relation to a previous IH it might be WWII rather than WWI and linked to Manstein's Woes.

Either way it has a great track record to live up to.

discovery1
11-07-2007, 07:00
ALRIGHT KRAXIS IS BACK!

WE LOVE YOU KRAXIS!! Hope school's been going well.