PDA

View Full Version : Media coverage of 2008 primaries

Xiahou
10-31-2007, 02:59
Here (http://journalism.org/node/8187) is a lengthy study from the Project for Excellence in Journalism. There's some really interesting stuff contained in it about the tone of coverage, topics covered, ect. by media type and outlet.

I thought other members might be interested in giving it a look. :bow:
I think, apparently like many other Americans, that coverage should focus more on the issues that candidates support instead of campaign strategy and other BS (as stated so eloquently by the Onion) :beam:

Lemur
10-31-2007, 03:09
I think, apparently like many other Americans, that coverage should focus more on the issues that candidates support instead of campaign strategy and other BS (as stated so eloquently by the Onion) :beam:
I have been aching, aching to link to that video, but I just can't. Too much :daisy: for me to post in good faith.

Geoffrey S
10-31-2007, 10:28
I'll agree with that, adding that the candidates themselves are also largely responsible for the tone of media coverage. I think at times they make it a little too easy for the media to report on anything but policies.

AntiochusIII
11-01-2007, 02:40
I read through the whole thing. Found it slightly amusing that the author(s?) seems to be repeating the same statements over and over at some parts.

But otherwise this is an insightful look on the big picture of media election.

Like everyone else though, I couldn't care less about any of this. Not right now, not in goddamn 2007.