PDA

View Full Version : Dog the Bounty Hunter Busted Again...

Devastatin Dave
10-31-2007, 22:43
This time for some serious racial slurs...
WARNING: This article contains the audio of the conversation. It havs foul language and disgusting slurs on it.

So, should he be taken off the air? I say yes, how about you?

Devastatin Dave
10-31-2007, 22:45
This time for some serious racial slurs...
WARNING: This article contains the audio of the conversation. It havs foul language and disgusting slurs on it.

Sorry forgot the link...

AGAIN, be warned, this audio has foul language and foul racial slurs...
http://www.nationalenquirer.com/dog_bounty_hunter_racial_slur_tape/celebrity/64325

Husar
10-31-2007, 22:47
Link returns object not found... :sweatdrop:

I'd be interested to see that. ~;)

Devastatin Dave
10-31-2007, 22:56
Strange, I was able to access it just now. Anyway, its very VERY revealing. The father (Dog) is talking to his son who is dating a black girl. The dad goes on about how he doesn't approve because of the family's frequent use of the N word and that he wants the son to end the relationship. He explains that the family is not racist but the chance of the girlfriend hearing the word could jeapordize his career (a bit of irony I believe that now EVERYONE can hear his racial tirade). He tells the son that if he continues to see this girl he can no longer work for him or bring her to the house and so forth. Its just strange how he says in the conversation that he isn't racist. I hope more can hear the audio, its quite disturbing.

Reverend Joe
10-31-2007, 22:57
I am somewhat bothered by the source. I would rather hear it confirmed by a slightly more reputable news source.

On the other hand, I have absolutely no doubt that this is true; I mean, the only evidence you really need is his freakin' hair cut. I say give him the boot as soon as it is confirmed. :whip:

Spino
11-01-2007, 16:37
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz :juggle2:

I say keep Dog on the air... and put that 'added value content' on the show too. In the precious few moments where I actually stopped channel surfing long enough to watch a few minutes of 'Dog' and his bottom of the Bell Curve crew track down gangbangin' negroes, filthy white trash and mutant hispanics I found myself reaching for a screwdriver or similarly sharp implement so that I could jam it in my temple and end the pain. The show is incredibly dull; Dog and his family being complete dullards who engage in action packed chases that are on a level of dullness only retarded dogs can detect. Racially charged content like this could really give the show the life it needs... like injecting a freshly deceased body with a re-animating compound that brings it to life and imbues it with a desire to consume human flesh... good fun all around.

/totally serious

//works in programming for a cable network that produces reality TV which I despise with a passion.

lars573
11-01-2007, 16:52
I agree his show should be taken off the air. But not because of this. Because Dog is a sanctimonious, and hypocritical, toolbox. He's in now way better than the people he chases (no matter how much he lets on he is). I mean when he was charged with kidnapping in Mexico he skipped bail and fled the country ferchrisake.

Ronin
11-01-2007, 17:24
I think the first problem you should look at is why the hell do you have bounty hunters...

is this the old west or something?

surely this is police work that should be done by professionals and not by loonys that sometimes are just a hair width away from the people they are chasing.

Slug For A Butt
11-01-2007, 17:46
I pretty much agree with Spino. The show is dull, dull, dull. I too had the misfortune to see a bit of this show by accident, and it really does need a shot in the arm to pep it up. Maybe this is what it needs? Maybe this is intentional PR work?

Dreadful TV, dreadful family, dreadful hamming it up for the camera, dreadful... take it off the air for no other reason than it is dreadful.

Crazed Rabbit
11-01-2007, 18:00
I agree his show should be taken off the air. But not because of this. Because Dog is a sanctimonious, and hypocritical, toolbox. He's in now way better than the people he chases (no matter how much he lets on he is). I mean when he was charged with kidnapping in Mexico he skipped bail and fled the country ferchrisake.

I don't want to defend the idiot, but it seems I must. The guy he captured in Mexico seemed to be in no danger from the Mexican authorities, despite the fact that he fled a rape trial.
As for fleeing himself from the Mexican trial, I can't really blame him. He wasn't morally wrong in capturing that guy in Mexico, but he could have spent a good bit in jail for it. I guess that means he could be the target of a bounty hunter himself.

What will be interesting is if he ever comes up against a fugitive with a gun. Dog, being a felon, is forbidden from carrying a gun (but not copious amounts of pepper spray), and so he and his crew would be bookin' it real quick from anyone who shot at him.

I think the first problem you should look at is why the hell do you have bounty hunters...

So we can have the real police try to prevent and solve crimes.

CR

Gawain of Orkeny
11-03-2007, 17:04
Lets put the right link in

Duane " Dog " Chapman His 5 mins Racist Rant Phone Call (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8803178167068511613&q=dog+chapman%27s+racist+rant&total=17&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0)
Warning bad language.

Boyar Son
11-03-2007, 22:02
keep the show on, this is family matters and now dog is gonna lose everything he worked for because somebody got tapes of him saying slurs that make certain people want to cry...aww the :drama2:

Gawain of Orkeny
11-03-2007, 22:15
Face it the guy hangs out with the scum of the earth. Its his job. He always talks like that as does everyone he hangs out with. There is no racial overtone there.

Id like to know if you all think that the call should be censored as it was on TV or heard as it was on the link I provided. Doesnt it have much more of an impact unedditted? Isnt banning a word pretty much the same as banning a book? Are we that sensitive now and immature that we should be treated like children and not be allowed to hear dirty words? Not only that their not always dirty but need to be taken in context. For instance one black person walking up to another and saying 'Whats up my nigga" is perfectly acceptable. Again this guy hangs out with blacks all the time and calls them that and thinks nothing of it nor do they. He is one of them.

Papewaio
11-04-2007, 00:44
Face it the guy hangs out with the scum of the earth. Its his job. He always talks like that as does everyone he hangs out with. There is no racial overtone there.

The "I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally defence."

Louis VI the Fat
11-05-2007, 23:01
Bloody hell. I just Wiki'd that guy. Is this for real? He's a Bounty Hunter, with his own tv show?

*gasps*

Can't they just ban the people who watch this ridiculous nonsense? Say, err, turn Oklahoma into a reservation for them or something? Put a fence around a fair chunk of the Appalachians and concentrate them all there?

I do like the irony of this tape having been sold by his son. :beam:

lars573
11-06-2007, 01:03
So A&E agreed with those who wanted the show pulled over this and did so. And stopped production on new episodes.

Television bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman's show has been pulled from the air indefinitely by A&E, two days after a private phone conversation in which the reality star used a racial slur repeatedly was posted online.

"In evaluating the circumstances of the last few days, A&E has decided to take `Dog The Bounty Hunter' off the network's schedule for the foreseeable future," the network said in a statement Friday. "We hope that Mr. Chapman continues the healing process that he has begun."

A&E officials said the series, one of the network's top-rated programs, has not been canceled.

Chapman, 54, has been under fire and accused of being a racist ever since the private conversation with his son, Tucker Chapman, was posted online Wednesday by The National Enquirer. Chapman used the N-word repeatedly about his son's black girlfriend.

At least two advertisers have pulled out from the show and civil rights groups have called for its cancellation.

Soon after the clip was posted, Chapman issued an apology and A&E suspended production of the series.

In the conversation, Chapman urges Tucker to break up with his girlfriend. He also expresses concern about the girlfriend trying to tape and go public about the TV star's use of the N-word. He used the slur six times in the first 45 seconds of the five-minute clip.

Chapman has said he was "disappointed in his choice of a friend, not due to her race, but her character. However, I should have never used that term." He also said he was ashamed of himself and pledged to make amends.

His attorney, Brook Hart said his client is not a racist and vowed never to use the word again. Hart said Tucker Chapman taped the call and sold it to the Enquirer for "a lot of money."

David Perel, the Enquirer's editor in chief, would not comment on how it obtained the tape.

Civil rights leaders said they were not satisfied with the removal of the show from A&E's schedule. A coalition of groups in Los Angeles sent a letter to network executives Friday demanding a cancellation.

The coalition said the comments were more than racially demeaning and hurtful to black women. "They are a vicious attack on and call to end interracial relations, as well as an incitement to violence," the letter said.

Earl Ofari Hutchinson, president of Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable, said the coalition believes Chapman's language was much more damaging than shock jock Don Imus' comments.

Imus was fired by CBS in April over his "nappy-headed hos" remark about the Rutgers University women's basketball team. Citadel Broadcasting Corp. Thursday announced Imus' return to radio in December.

"If they can essentially say, 'We're firing Imus in the front door and bring him in the back door later on,' they can also do the same with this guy and his show," Hutchinson said. "It seems like to me A&E is keeping their options open."

The TV series follows Chapman and his tattooed crew as they track down bail jumpers in Hawaii and other states. The show also stars some members of Chapman's family, but Tucker Chapman is not regularly featured.

The Honolulu-based bounty hunter first grabbed headlines for apprehending serial rapist and Max Factor heir Andrew Luster in Mexico in 2003.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=3813771

AntiochusIII
11-06-2007, 02:17
I'm curious, why the hell is Bounty Hunting even legal? :/

Ronin
11-06-2007, 16:00
I'm curious, why the hell is Bounty Hunting even legal? :/

I think that similarly to the gun issue some people just watched too many westerns as kids and need to feel that the old west spirit is still alive..

just kidding...

why you would need or want quasi-criminals to be running around capturing other criminals when you have professional police forces that should be doing the job beats me.