PDA

View Full Version : PMTW problems

Musket
11-04-2007, 17:12
To cut it short, everytime i download and install this mod, I click on the MTW icon, and the game never actually runs to play. Any help?

cegorach
11-06-2007, 11:45
I would suggest to make a new shortcut to the .exe file and replace the one you are using now - sometimes it helps.

If it doesn't. Maybe you are using this Gold Edition ?

Besides there is always the possibility somethig was done badly during the installment process.

Musket
11-06-2007, 16:53
Perhaps it may work :)

I'm not using Gold Edition, just to clarify, but I am using version 1.1

Could that have some effect on it?

Musket
11-06-2007, 18:49
IT WORKS!!!

I'm not sure what I did but I just downloaded the V 1.1 patch then overwrit the actual PMTW file with that. It works!!! Yes!!!!

Musket
11-06-2007, 19:14
A big problem has just arisen:

I have managed to get PMTW to work, but it is essentially a jazzed up MTW. There is still early, high and late, no English civil war campaigns, no musketeers, no dragoons or anything. Whats up with this?

cegorach
11-06-2007, 19:28
THe answer is simple...

Apparently you have installed the PMTW one level lower or higher than expected.

I suggest to go to your MTW folder and check if there is another MTW folder inside it - if there is one you need to cut/paste all what is inside it to the place you were supposed to add them.

Obviously the files will replace your older files in the vanilla - fo the same with the patch, though you need to read the readme there since there is a MP install which wouldn't work (intentionally) in campaign mode AT ALL leaving only custom and multiplayer to your disposal.

IN your place I would copy the whole MTW folder to a different location after you have installed the 1.5 and later add the 'campaign' patch to the directory you would like to use in your single player mode and the MP addon to the one used for MP and custom games.
MInd that MP option adds some new factions which might be interesting to see regardless you plan to use the game in MP mode at all - simply MP install added some 100 new units which I couldn't possibly add to the campaign.

Musket
11-06-2007, 20:01
Could you give me a step by step run through of exactly how to do that?

cegorach
11-06-2007, 20:34
OK.

Find your MTW VI folder.

It must be named Medieval - Total War if you didn't change the name manually.

Next go inside if there is another folder named 'Medieval - Total War' - if yes there is a problem you can deal with EASILY.

If there is such internal 'Medieval - Total War' folder go inside you will see numerous folders and files - select all files and cut them.

Next leave this inside 'Medieval - Total War' returning to the original Medieval - Total War folder and paste the files and folders you have just cut.

You should replace the vanilla files this way and the mod MUST work fine now.

If you cannot find anything called Medieval - Total War inside your Medieval - Total War foder I suggest to uninstall the game, reinstall it and the Viking Invasion and now install PMTW 1.5 to the directory where is your MTW folder and do the same with the main file of the PMTW patch.

You will easily notice when it is all right - PMTW removes the video intro to the game and the load screen/menu background is different.

Musket
11-06-2007, 21:05
Is Viking Invasion really neccessary?

What I meant was, its installed successfully yes it has a different background but why can't I access all the unique infantry like dragoons or musketeers? Why is the campaign still Early, High and Late medieval periods not Religious Turmoil or whatever?

Musket
11-06-2007, 21:19
Something else has arisen too. Units such as peasants have invisible bodies. All I see is either a battalion of heads or spears walking around.

cegorach
11-06-2007, 21:26
Viking Invasion is ESSENTIAL.:yes:

The problem with invisible bodies could ONLY arise if there was a mistake with the directory where the mod is installed - same with the rest - the old periods will disappear entirely if you do correctly.

Musket
11-06-2007, 21:31
Do I install the mod to the Medieval Total War directory?

cegorach
11-06-2007, 21:34
yes

Musket
11-06-2007, 21:48
That's what i've been doing, but I don't have Viking Invasion.

cegorach
11-06-2007, 21:54
That explains everything. Honestly no decent mode will run without it nowadays...

MTW without VI is at least 60 % worse...

Musket
11-06-2007, 22:02
Well I'm off to buy that :)

I can't thank you enough you've been a huge help to me. Cheers mate :beam:

Musket
11-07-2007, 17:28
So just to clarify, with Viking Invasion, I will get the Renaissance Campaign, access to units such as musketeers and this bug where bodies are invisible will go?

cegorach
11-07-2007, 18:41
3 campaigns (more in 2.0), over 600 new units and no invisible soldiers (except miner teams),

Musket
11-07-2007, 22:43
In that case I can't wait till tomorrow when my VI arrives :D

Musket
11-08-2007, 17:41
I heard there is nothing in the options on PMTW that allows one to increase or decrease the size of units. So for clarification:

How many men are in a unit of musketeers?

How many men are in a unit of cavalry?

ElectricEel
11-08-2007, 18:03
I can't answer your questions exactly, but: a full unit of Landsknetch pikemen has 140 men, and an unit of armored Landsknetch pikemen or knights has 80. Most cavalry I've seen ranged from 60 to 80 men, IIRC.

IIRC the unit size settings don't affect the actual size of your units in this mod, but they do affect the amount of men you can have in a single stack. I've used the higher settings in the campaign, as it's nicer to move around fewer pieces.

cegorach
11-08-2007, 18:07
It depends which unit m8. ;)

Every single one is different after all.

The maximum size is around 200 for infantry and 120 for cavalry - usually half the number.:book:

Musket
11-09-2007, 19:23
Oh yeah! This mod is awesome! VERY nice work! I'll never stop playing this now!

Just one question, why do the English shout out orders in arabic?

cegorach
11-10-2007, 08:21
In Russian ;) - Protestant factions use Orthodox sounds - I will correct it for 2.0 - maybe they will get them in English.

cegorach
11-10-2007, 10:18
BTW I suggest to try historical battles - some of those (Obertyn, Klushino) are NOT easy at all.:book:

Hound of Ulster
11-12-2007, 23:54
I love this mod. My one quibble is that the version I have doesn't have the English Civil Wars campaign. Is that in a later version or a patch?

cegorach
11-13-2007, 00:19
It will be in 2.0 - I couldn't fix certain bug in time when the patch was released, but at least I didn't have so large knowledge an so many ideas you will see in those two British campaigns for 2.0 so the dalay has some advantages.:yes:

Hound of Ulster
11-13-2007, 00:31
Cool.

could you diversify the historical battle selection too. Here are some suggestions...

Rocroi French vs. Spanish

Boyne Irish vs. English

Breintenfeld Swedes vs. HRE

Flodden Scots vs. English

Breda Dutch vs. Spanish

Wladyslaw IV
11-15-2007, 05:24
Oh dear, what a project!

This must have been some fine chuckle. :laugh4:

:soapbox: Oh, look at the new one! :lam:

Hound of Ulster
11-27-2007, 18:52
cegorach,
when's your release date for PandM 2.0 and will it be savegame compatible?

cegorach
11-28-2007, 08:57
Previous saves will not work because serious changes in unit files will prevent it.

Release is planned for mid-late December.

Hound of Ulster
11-29-2007, 03:31
I had a very strange problem battling the French with the Dutch yesterday. Two of the French units, Royal Pikemen and Town Militia, went all ghost on me and the mod CTD when I exited the battle. My computer does get squirrely when the Dell updates notices appear on toolbar while I'm playing Rome and its mods, but never when I'm playing Medieval and its mods. It was all very strange. I don't think it'll happen again, but I'm letting you know just in case.

Thanks for the note on the savegames. Looks like I'm going to have start all over again come mid-December.

is it going to be a full release or just a patch?

cegorach
11-29-2007, 08:11
Strange errorr - I will have a look, but cannot tell what really could happen...

Full release and full install - final release too, though there will be a patch or two.

Hound of Ulster
11-30-2007, 04:32
Will I be able to install the 2.0 over my 1.5 w/Patch?

cegorach
11-30-2007, 08:04
Yes

Hound of Ulster
12-17-2007, 02:26
Do you have a defenitive release date for P&M 2.0?

cegorach
12-17-2007, 13:58
NO. This week I should receive the new map ( I am not making it - because I lack some software which is rather useful - it would take at least 5-6 time more without those) + some new animations. I am away for Christmas - New Year so I will pack it together and finish the whole thing in January.:book:

Hound of Ulster
12-17-2007, 19:02
Sweet.

Can't wait to try the British Civil Wars campaign

dimitrios the samian
12-18-2007, 05:49
Awesome !! January will be fine ... :yes: