PDA

View Full Version : Happy Veterans Day

Don Corleone
11-11-2007, 16:32
I'd just like to take a moment to thank all of our armed servicepeople past and present for their service. Without your contributions, my family and I would not have the enjoyment of life, freedom and security we enjoy. So to all who have served... :bow:

Innocentius
11-11-2007, 19:43
I think most American soldiers who fought for the "life, freedom and security" of the American people died before 1900.

Beirut
11-11-2007, 19:56
I think most American soldiers who fought for the "life, freedom and security" of the American people died before 1900.

My grandfather fought for the US in France in WWI. He died in the 1990s.

Way to go Grampa! :knight:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/horsesass/Americanflag.jpg

Ser Clegane
11-11-2007, 20:02

Unnecessary comment in this context.
There are enough threads in the Backroom to discuss politics - I would appreciate if a thread like this would not be (ab)used for cheap shots.

To the veterans that served their country (and often did not only defend the freedom of their own fellow contrymen):
:bow:

master of the puppets
11-11-2007, 20:07
~:cheers: To my Grandfather, 101st airborne, D-day to Bastogne. wish i could have met you.

Uesugi Kenshin
11-11-2007, 20:07
I may not agree with a lot of things going on in the US, Iraq and Afghanistan right now, but the military isn't responsible for this mess and so I pay my respects to all those serving in the military (except recruiters who I detest for reasons not fit to post here).

Thanks guys and gals past and present, without you the American experiment with Republican Democracy would have been snuffed out long ago.:bow:

Innocentius
11-11-2007, 20:32
Unnecessary comment in this context.
There are enough threads in the Backroom to discuss politics - I would appreciate if a thread like this would not be (ab)used for cheap shots.

Fine:

To those of my ancestors who died in Germany, Poland and Russia during the years 1600 - 1721 and to my my grand-grandfather, who went MIA during the Winter War.

Seamus Fermanagh
11-11-2007, 20:41
My deepest thanks to those serving and who have served in the armed forces. For all of those injured, and for those who gave "the last full measure of devotion," my prayers as well.

IrishArmenian
11-11-2007, 21:06
Bullets don't care if you are fighting for a righteous cause!
Thank you American veterans! Without you guys, the world would be pretty damn messed up!

PanzerJaeger
11-11-2007, 22:28
Although my relatives fought against America, I have deep respect for US troops.

Wars like Iraq and Vietnam are just as trying as the World Wars, albeit for different reasons. The mental strain of never knowing who is the enemy is reason enough.

Odin
11-11-2007, 22:45
See post #4 (Ser Clegane)

Evil_Maniac From Mars
11-11-2007, 22:52
quote removed by Ser Clegane

Cool it. If you want to argue with that, start another thread in the backroom, don't respond here. You don't come off any better than he does with a post like that, and his post did not deserve a response like that.

On topic...

To Gefreiter Fritz T., Battle of Kursk, 1943.
My Aunt's Father - Fall of Berlin, 1945
Various Relatives - WWI

Odin
11-11-2007, 22:59
Cool it. If you want to argue with that, start a thread in the backroom, not here. You don't come off any better than he does with a post like that. His post did not deserve a response like that.

Have you been made a moderator? I dont care how it came off, I know exactly what will happen, ive been here long enough, plus I'm pretty drunk anyway and its vets day and I dont really care, whats the worst thats going to happen?

I get banned from a website that allows open hostility to myself and my country? :inquisitive: Your breaking my heart....

Ser Clegane
11-11-2007, 23:07
Apparently it is not possible to start such a thread in the Backroom without some people jumping at the opportunity to take cheap shots and/or start flaming. :no:

Thanks to those who made appropriate posts.

For those who would like to express their gratitude to the veterans - you will have the opportunity to do so in a more civil atmosphere in the Frontroom thread (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=94990) where any attempt to turn this into a ******* match is likely to be met by an axe.