PDA

View Full Version : faction can reborn

tito
11-20-2007, 20:17
i would like to know if a destroyed faction can reborn?

Bwian
11-20-2007, 23:39
That's basically down to the game engine itself. I can't recall, offhand, if the game does this or not. I know RTW did... and I found it very annoying! You exterminate a faction, only to find it popping up again.

I think I spend far too much time modding .... it means I have not actually been able to play the game properly for ages!

Silly Knicket
11-21-2007, 00:02
IIRC there is a script for resurrecting factions in MTW2 aswell.

Enthes
11-21-2007, 01:27
oooo thats good we could have undead and chaos keep comming back over and over would be great and much like the fluff :clown:

ellydog
11-21-2007, 07:10
Well all i know is... In Vanilla if the timurids have armies outsides there cities and you cap all there cities,they all just just move out and try cap another territory.

BTW if this happens with other factions their armies just rebel.

Spankfurt
11-24-2007, 16:41
That's basically down to the game engine itself. I can't recall, offhand, if the game does this or not. I know RTW did... and I found it very annoying! You exterminate a faction, only to find it popping up again.

I think I spend far too much time modding .... it means I have not actually been able to play the game properly for ages!

Did I tell you that you could post? Get to work! :whip:

haha j/k, But as realistic as it is in the warhammer world, it would grow quite annoying....

Enthes
11-24-2007, 21:42
Did I tell you that you could post? Get to work! :whip:

haha j/k, But as realistic as it is in the warhammer world, it would grow quite annoying....

imagine you are empire you have conquered most of the old world and are now struggling against orcs tombkings and chaos you are holding just! Then the vampire counts appear.

i think it would be a great addition making the campaign exciting for longer (i usually get board of campaigns once i cant be beaten)

Spankfurt
11-25-2007, 04:03
It would make it painstakingly longer, especially in the chaos wastes, considering how massive they look.

Enthes
11-25-2007, 11:56
a faction would only be reborn when it was completly destroyed for a few turns just means you would be fighting on more fronts so you will have to be winning every battle as you dotn have the troops spare.

messenger
11-25-2007, 12:20
It makes sense only really for the Vampire Counts and perhaps Orcs, but other than that, I wouldn't like to be finally finishing a campaign suddenly to be annihilated by some emergent factions.

Taranaich
11-25-2007, 13:26
Maybe if it was made a requirement for the faction's original homelands to be rebel regions, that way you could conquer a faction and make sure they "stay dead" by keeping their former territories secure and happy, but if enough regions were independent to allow a new powerbase to form it might provide more challenge without being too frustrating. This might be good for factions like Tomb Kings or Chaos, or any faction that has a lot of rebel settlements nearby.