PDA

View Full Version : RTW BI intro gettin on your nerves? want to stop it?

sjmxru
11-29-2007, 13:59
i found this on a thread to stop the 'intro' on startin up BI

simply right click on BI shortcut (on desktop) left click properties & insert '-nm' after the file location:stop: - =space, so its 'space nm'

caravel
11-29-2007, 21:15
This is the correct form, the same works for RTW.

"X:\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -nm
"X:\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -nm

:bow:

mrdun
11-29-2007, 22:46
I quite like it, even after hundreds of viewings!!! If i'm not feeling like it I can always press esc.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
11-29-2007, 23:13
I did, for a time, also rather enjoy the BI introduction movie. The strong music combined with the dramatic action sequences gave it that indescribable something which the R:TW movie seemed to lack. Although I did bore of it in the end, as one does with anything, I certainly lost interest in the R:TW movie first.

rvg
11-30-2007, 23:03
Yes, BI definitely has a stronger, far more dramatic intro. Oh, and of course music, beautiful theme.

sjmxru
12-06-2007, 09:39
sorry i got it a bit wrong, i was doing it from memory!:oops: :stupid:

Tomokatu
02-25-2009, 07:55
This is the correct form, the same works for RTW.

"X:\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -nm
"X:\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -nm

:bow:

Next question: Is that command line switch also valid for M2TW?
Next next question::clown: Has a complete list of command line switches been posted in any thread?
Final Question: Is that worth doing and making sticky?:whip:

Ibn-Khaldun
02-25-2009, 16:13
First of all, thread necromancy is bad! :no:

Answers:
1. No
2. I don't think so. But to help you a bit I give you some of those commandst:

-show_err Shows error message when game CTD's
-mod:mymod starts your mod
-nm No intro movie
-ne Starts in windowed mode
-enable_editor Enables Battle field editor
3. Is it worth making a thread and make it a sticky? Probably not.

Relic
02-27-2009, 17:45
I gotta say, you seem lazy in my opinion if you can't press ESC, but hey it's your game dude.
BI is definately superior with intros than RTW. Alexander had no intro at all! >.>

KipDan
02-27-2009, 18:34
Alexander would be a great introduction, but then again it was made quickly with a few reskins because CA were trying to make a quick profit.

Aemilius Paulus
03-02-2009, 21:02
Alexander would be a great introduction, but then again it was made quickly with a few reskins because CA were trying to make a quick profit.
Well, I thought BI was also made relatively quickly, or at least it had some God-awful skins. Really, the barbarian and nomadic skins were obscene, with no more than ten polygons at the best:no:. Most mods had much better skins. The gameplay was nice, however.

caravel
03-03-2009, 11:13
Next question: Is that command line switch also valid for M2TW?
Next next question::clown: Has a complete list of command line switches been posted in any thread?
Final Question: Is that worth doing and making sticky?:whip:

For M2TW this doesn't work, you have to turn it off from the config file I believe.