PDA

View Full Version : Patch installation problem:

PseRamesses
12-09-2007, 14:34
Installed a clean RTW-vanilla v1.0. When installing patch 1.3 I get 3 options "modify", "repair" and "uninstall" wtf? Choosing modify nothing happens, choosing repair install things but when I try to install patch 1.5 it tells me that patch 1.3 is needed but I just installed it???!!! Help!

bovi
12-09-2007, 14:35
Check my sig, might help.

PseRamesses
12-10-2007, 08:42
Thx for your advice Bovi. I´m sorry to say that it doesn´t solve my problems. I´ve uninstalled, manually removed all keys. Reinstalled 1.0 and get the same options as before when 1.3 is to be installed: modify-repair-uninstall. I´ve tried both modify and repair just for the heck of it but when installing 1.5 it still doesn´t detect 1.3. What am I supposed to do?

PseRamesses
12-10-2007, 14:17
Bovi,

I also called SEGA support in England and got this info:

If one of the entries below cannot be found, simply skip it and go to the next step.

- Click Start then Run.
- At the prompt type: REGEDIT. The registry editor will open.
- Click the "+" next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
- Click the "+" next to SOFTWARE.
- Right-Click & delete the "The Creative Assembly" entry (the sub-keys will be deleted too).

- Click the "+" next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Click the "+" next to SOFTWARE.
- Right-Click & delete the "The Creative Assembly" entry (the sub-keys will be deleted too).

- Go back to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE.
- Click the "+" next to SEGA
- Delete the key named "Rome Total War - patch 1.3"
-

- Click the "+" next to Microsoft
- Click the "+" next to Windows
- Click the "+" next to CurrentVersion
- Click the "+" next to Uninstall

If you have Rome: Total War and Barbarian Invasion stand alone editions:

- Delete the key named {4089999C-6CB7-4F9D-A2F6-DB158DBF91FB}
- Delete the key named {B6BB246A-D1AC-2414-D84D-13C8F3D38C43}

If you have Rome: Total War Gold Edition

- Delete the key named {2E97F7E8-ABDE-4E0D-B0AD-B6B4BAD89E24}

- Click the "+" next to SEGA
- Delete the key named "Rome Total War - patch 1.3"

Close the registry editor

Now, we need to remove the files. If you wish to keep your saved games, copy them somewhere else now (ie: My Document folder).

- Double-click My Computer.
- Double-click the C:\ drive.
- Double-click Program Files.
- Double-click Total War (or Activision or The Creative Assembly, depending on the version installed).
- Right-click on the Rome: Total War folder and choose delete.

Once done, we need to manually remove a INI file in Windows folder

- Click the Start - Find (or Search) - Files & Folders
- Search your C:\ drive for a file called RomeTW.ini
- Delete the RomeTW.ini file (it should be in C:\WINDOWS, e.g., C:\WINDOWS\RomeTW.ini)

*Reboot* your machine (needed to remove the files loaded at boot/RTW start!)

You could also try a desktop installation

The "remove keys commands" in this one is even more extensive than yours but it still doesn´t work. My only option now is to try the "desktop installation".
I can´t figure out why we have to go through so much problems in order to play and patch a game that has been running flwlessly before, at least for me. I´m really pissed.

bovi
12-10-2007, 18:55
I suggest you try to search the registry for the path where you installed Rome. Chances are there's something left still... But I'd expect the 1.0 installation to complain as well :shrug:. I believe I upgraded 1.0=>1.2=>1.5. Perhaps you can try that upgrade path too, as the 1.3 patch is behaving oddly?

I recommend that you make a backup of the clean 1.5 RTW once you've got that far, then you won't ever have to install it again. Just keep that and make another copy when you want to install a mod.

mcantu
12-10-2007, 21:22
This is a pretty common problem and there is a post from CA at the RTW forums on how to fix it.

I'll see if I can find it and post a link...

mcantu
12-11-2007, 03:53
Here you go...

Remove the following folder :
C:\program files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime
Restart, install the game.

PseRamesses
12-11-2007, 08:27
@Bovi,
R u shure? I was ubder the impression that 1.5 was tied to 1.3 and 1.6 to 1.2?

@Mcantu,
Installshield is not present in my common files folder.

bovi
12-11-2007, 09:53
I believe BI is connected to 1.4. IIRC, 1.2 came out before BI was released, and 1.3 was released at the same time as BI (1.4) came out. I know that many mods were made for vanilla 1.2.

However, it's been so long since I upgraded to 1.5 that I can't remember if it's possible to skip the 1.3 update.

mcantu
12-11-2007, 13:26
@Bovi,
R u shure? I was ubder the impression that 1.5 was tied to 1.3 and 1.6 to 1.2?

@Mcantu,
Installshield is not present in my common files folder.

If you do not have BI, you must install 1.3 before 1.5

Installing BI on a clean RTW will give you BI 1.4. Installing the 1.6 patch will give you RTW 1.5/BI 1.6

However, RTW Gold already comes fully patched

PseRamesses
12-15-2007, 09:22
Here´s the solution to the above problem. These patches don´t use the installer which is most convenient, especially when you need extra installs for dedicated mods. Use normal zip, copy, paste and overwrite.

http://www.mizus.com/files/files/RTW/patches/RTW1.1.zip
http://www.mizus.com/files/files/RTW/patches/RTW1.2.zip
http://www.mizus.com/files/files/RTW/patches/RTW15.zip
http://www.mizus.com/files/files/RTW/patches/RTW13.zip

Everything is running perfectly now. Enjoy and hail TosaInu for helping me.

bovi
12-16-2007, 22:32
Great! Enjoy the mod :2thumbsup:.

Weakinator
05-06-2008, 00:12
This thread is awesome.

AymericNikator
05-17-2008, 23:00
Hi EB team,

First of all, thank you for your fantastic mod. Recreating to Roman Empire helps to relax when you see the dark side of ancient history (Latin, Greek, epigraphy :wall: )

I just got a strange question: EB 1.0 and 1.1 must be installed on a 1.5 rtw, isn't it? The strange thing is while trying to get a shot at Invasio Barbarorum, I discovered that my rtw says it's only a 1.3 But how can my 2 EB's work perfectly? Is it that my rtw is a 1.5 but says the contrary or is it that EB can actualy work on a 1.3?

I know, it sounds rather weird, but it's true! lol. By the way I still can't make Rio's IBFD VII work...

Cheers.

bovi
05-19-2008, 06:07
I don't know why it would work on 1.3. I'm pretty sure we've had noone say it worked on anything less than 1.5 before.

mcantu
05-19-2008, 22:39
Hi EB team,

First of all, thank you for your fantastic mod. Recreating to Roman Empire helps to relax when you see the dark side of ancient history (Latin, Greek, epigraphy :wall: )

I just got a strange question: EB 1.0 and 1.1 must be installed on a 1.5 rtw, isn't it? The strange thing is while trying to get a shot at Invasio Barbarorum, I discovered that my rtw says it's only a 1.3 But how can my 2 EB's work perfectly? Is it that my rtw is a 1.5 but says the contrary or is it that EB can actualy work on a 1.3?

I know, it sounds rather weird, but it's true! lol. By the way I still can't make Rio's IBFD VII work...

Cheers.

it sounds like you're trying to use the RTW.exe and not the RTW-BI.exe in IBFM. Also, it doesnt look like you have the 1.5/1.6 patch installed...