PDA

View Full Version : Too many mods can kill your game .. HELP!!!!!

Ibn-Khaldun
12-14-2007, 01:32
Hello again!
Shortly .. I need HELP :help:
I had 2 great mods - EB and XGM - and everything worked fine until ..
I wanted a mod for Barbarian Invasion so I looked and installed Invasio Barbarorum and then troubles begun ..
The mod didn't want to let me play campaign or custom battles so I uninstalled all other mods and the game it self but now I can't install the game back again :wall:
It says that another application of rome total war is detected in cpu and the game does not continue to install or something like that :wall:
So I checked the folders but there is now rtw left in my computer exept some back ups but they couldn't cause this .. at least I hope so :embarassed:

What did I do wrong when I installed IBFD?? :help:

Ibn-Khaldun
12-14-2007, 01:37
the error messages is ..

"An earlier version of Rome - Total War has been detected. Please uninstall this before installing Rome - Total War Gold Edition."

I have the gold edition. I allways had it. What other RTW could I possible have??

Hellenic_Hoplite
12-14-2007, 01:43
go under run: than type "regedit" find RTW and delete it. if all else fails install a program called "windows installer clean up" and use that to remove it.

Edit*

Oh and if you didn't already do this before go under C:/programfiles/what ever you're game is installed under/rome - total war

and manually delete the file

Ibn-Khaldun
12-14-2007, 01:53
Thanks Hellenic_Hoplite ... I can install the game again ..

but still ..
what was i doing wrong with invasio barbarorum that i screwed my game??

Hellenic_Hoplite
12-14-2007, 02:01
Glad I could be of help

To be honest i'm not sure why it screwed up you're game. I have never tryed that mod before. it may have just been (like you said) too many mods conflicting with one another.

You should always remember to keep a back up of you're game, or at least back up the data folder so you don't have to constantly uninstall and reinstall you're game.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
12-14-2007, 07:54
Moved to Invasion Barbarorum sub-forum - you are more likley to gain an answer to your second question there :burnout:

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia
12-19-2007, 06:51
Invasio Barbarorum (IBFD) installs everything to its own subfolder (.../Rome TotalWar/ibfd/) and deleting that would delete IBFD completely and safely.
The problem you encountered is because your other mods changed files in RTW/data folder that IBFD needs to run properly. If you encountered problems with EB or XGM (are they even compatible together?) then you either installed IBFD incorrectly (by manually installing the files to RTW/data, for example) else it has nothing to do with IBFD as IBFD does not affect any other mods.

Ibn-Khaldun
12-19-2007, 16:30
Invasio Barbarorum (IBFD) installs everything to its own subfolder (.../Rome TotalWar/ibfd/) and deleting that would delete IBFD completely and safely.
The problem you encountered is because your other mods changed files in RTW/data folder that IBFD needs to run properly. If you encountered problems with EB or XGM (are they even compatible together?) then you either installed IBFD incorrectly (by manually installing the files to RTW/data, for example) else it has nothing to do with IBFD as IBFD does not affect any other mods.

You were right .. I installed it manualy at the first time :wall: stupid stupid stupid thing to do!!! :wall:
And everything is working fine at the moment ..
Also EB and XGM are compatible together ..
Now I have 3 mods: EB, XGM and IBFD (too many letter combinations :dizzy2: ) .. Like them all :2thumbsup:
Can't wait EB2 :clown:

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia
12-21-2007, 06:23
glad to hear you got it working.

just a word of caution, though. EB, since it edits RTW/data files, MAY affect IBFD; though IBFD (in RTW/ibfd/ folder) WILL NEVER affect EB or any other mod.