PDA

View Full Version : 1967 educational film predicted email, online shopping!

Shaka_Khan
12-14-2007, 06:51
I guess this dispels the conspiracy theory that aliens introduced this technology to us.

http://www.yahoo.com/s/760292

CountArach
12-14-2007, 07:14
Actually it proves they gave this technology to us - Obviously the film makers were aliens.

Sasaki Kojiro
12-14-2007, 07:32
It's fascinating how much easier it is to predict technological changes than social changes. The predict email, online shopping, house monitor video, and online bill paying and yet still have the wife as the housekeeper who can't be trusted with the bills or taxes.

Makes you wonder what society will be like in 30 years. I'll make the prediction of everyone being bisexual. I'll also be optomistic and say we reverse the trend of technological isolation.

discovery1
12-14-2007, 10:32
It's fascinating how much easier it is to predict technological changes than social changes. The predict email, online shopping, house monitor video, and online bill paying and yet still have the wife as the housekeeper who can't be trusted with the bills or taxes.

Makes you wonder what society will be like in 30 years. I'll make the prediction of everyone being bisexual. I'll also be optomistic and say we reverse the trend of technological isolation.

I agree on the point of being bi. After all, it doubles the amount available., but hwat is this tech isolation you speak of?

Viking
12-14-2007, 10:57
I agree on the point of being bi. After all, it doubles the amount available., but hwat is this tech isolation you speak of?

In todays society, trends seems to play a smaller role. Sexual preference is a combination of social acceptance/expectance and genes. In old Greece/Rome when homosexuality was usual, it was said in Greece that true love could only exist between two men; so I suggest social expectance caused the majority of the homosexuality at the time. Otherwise trends play such a huge role in the future, I don't see how "everyone" will be bisexual. Is there no such thing as taste and preference? :inquisitive:

Odin
12-14-2007, 14:30
Yes and Gene Rodenberry predicted cell phones. Werent the 60's great? Timothy leary might be gone but never forgotten.... :laugh4:

Husar
12-14-2007, 17:26
Makes you wonder what society will be like in 30 years. I'll make the prediction of everyone being bisexual.
:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

I love you Sasaki.

Sasaki Kojiro
12-15-2007, 01:24
:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

I love you Sasaki.

Already it starts...

Shaka_Khan
12-15-2007, 04:16
[Shatner Roast] George Takei (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x88yskz1p4M) <- LINKY

Star Trek had those handphone thingies, plus George Takei.